Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CSE] Video Discussion Mk.II

keep in mind that Nasubi/NSB is probably a fake/joke name made for the tournament (consider the acronym of the stream that this was played on and the fact that the commentators kept referring to him as a "mysterious platinum player").

edit: for anyone who cares, top 8 from what i can make out from the bracket and from what i remember on the stream. (corrections by Chsal and Lord Knight)

Left Row

First: Hiroyuki-chan (Valk)/Orihata (Haku)/Onichan (Carl)

Second: Akamesu (Valk)/Galileo (Makoto)/Eesuke (Carl) - Eesuke is an SBO qualifier. Galileo is the famous Tager player who switched to Litchi and is now using Makoto. Akamesu is another former Tager player. Top 4

Third: Donchan (Litchi)/SUB (Tager)/Shachou (Tsubaki) - First two were an SBO qualifying team. Runner-Up

Fourth: Beginner Oushin (Tager)/Nezu (Tsubaki)/eki-Chan (Arakune) - Not sure if it's THAT Nezu. eki is the famous Zappa player. Tager player was using Beginner Mode.

Right Row

First: Blacky (Mu)/nao-san Aishiteru (Lambda)/Sakkaishi (Noel) - Sakkaishi and Blacky were an SBO qualifying team (Blacky being a former Litchi player). Based on color and playstyle, I'm going to assume the Lambda was Minori. Top 4

Second: Gagaga (Jin)/Kanata (Ragna)/Izayoi Matoi (Taokaka)

Third: Chou (Litchi)/Tsujikawa (Makoto)/Nasubi (Platinum) - First two are the 2010 SBO champions. Nasubi might or might not be Kyaku. NSB Champions

Fourth: Mame (Makoto)/Bomb Hei (Tager)/NATO (Haku-Men)

feel free to correct anything ...

@Leo7, the japanese users at stream chat were saying that Nasubi/NSB = Kyaku, but I wasn't sure wether they were joking or not (I honestly don't know how Kyaku looks like IRL, whereas I do know how Chou and Tsujikawa look like).

And yeah, "NSB" is also the abbreviation for that tournament, Nagoya Street Battle

Anyway, tournament was pretty damn hype, lots of intense moments and most of all finally lots of character variety and not just one or two characters dominating the brackets. I liked people doing well with Mu (Blacky, on a roll until he faced Chou) and Tsubaki (Shachou), Platinum, Tager players... Eesuke's Carl was almost on the verge of doing a reverse OCV as well

The only one that got me facepalming was Sakkaishi's Noel, shamelessly mashing that 2D like there was no tomorrow :v:

Right Row

First: Blacky (Mu)/<Can't Read> (Lambda)/Sakkaishi (Noel) - Sakkaishi and Blacky were an SBO qualifying team (Blacky being a former Litchi player). Based on color and playstyle, I'm going to assume the Lambda was Minori.

I think the "can't read" is "nao-san aishiteru".

naoさん愛してる

And I think Ousama might be wrong. It looks like Oushin to me. 王神, whereas sama would've been 様

And I think Zunata is right. ずなた

Its really blurry though :mad:

People with better eyesight please check.

Your guess is as good as mine on the "nao-san aishiteru" name (anime reference? dunno) ... though regardless, it's probably a joke name.

Oushin/Oukami? is more than likely correct.

I'm sure it's Kanata now cause I remembered there was a Ragna player named Kanata lol, so in retrospect, that kana totally looks like a "Ka" to me now.

Speaking of "神", Akitsuki listed his character as "神" instead of Tager in the latest chariot vids lol.

edit: decided to just edit in the corrections as well as indicate the placements.

Is the 100% curse combo off overhead character specific? I'm leaning towards yes because it seems to barely hit tager. May work against Hakumen too, but I doubt against hitbox any smaller. If someone can confirm/deny, that would be great.

Lol in the new videos posted

a Hazama named "Lolicon" was an entire team by himself in the brackets. Comments lead me to beleive it's Buppa (buppa was commenting?)

Is the 100% curse combo off overhead character specific? I'm leaning towards yes because it seems to barely hit tager. May work against Hakumen too, but I doubt against hitbox any smaller. If someone can confirm/deny, that would be great.

Do you mean the 6A>5D one? it doesn't work on Noel and Bang (and maybe Mu) in CS1, it does work on everyone else including Tager and Hakumen, though. No idea if its the same in CS2.

Chou (LI)/Tsujikawa (MA)/Nasubi (PL)

Ah no sorry not the tournament from the stream. The 12/25 chariot tournament which jourdal uploaded.

Man, Yuumura's (I think that's the pink tager from chariot) blocking during that first curse was ridiculous.

Also, is that MilliaBaki the same one from NSB?

^ I'm wondering if it's a legit combo or not myself. If it is, then he's got himself a 7k combo with a 5b CH and just 50 heat.

Goddamn.

It's doubtful that there is anyway to do 6C after that J.6D~D that late in the combo. However it's possible 5C, 6C would work (would have to be tested). Also note that the 5B doesn't even have to be counterhit. 5B gatlings to 2C. So it would just be a regular hit-confirm into Houtenjin.

As godlike as Buppa was...what a rip..didn't get to see GUCCI and Stunedges team play...

No wonder, there was a part 4.

I'm getting some error when I try to load the latest video on Nico, wish I knew Moonspeak at times like these :v:

Same getting errors no matter what browser I try D:

and He did mention he was gonna post more when he wakes up @ part 3 i think?