Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senzait

Soul Calibur 5

seig looks more badass now.

i just hope they dont go with the whole 'the older they get the more facial hair they have'

i think its really cool how theyre setting it 17 years after SC4

(luckily my mains lizardman and yoshi wont be affected)

....setsuka is gonna be an uber milf now ;P

*hmm, patro looks like a total douche character though

They did Siegfried justice.

It makes me more confident that things will be the same with the others.

17 years huh...

...I can't help but wonder how Ivy is...."holding up."

Either way heres hoping Tira isn't dead and Talim grew up beautifully.

I will laugh if this game turns in a Street Fighter 3 type scenario where none of the casual fanbase enjoys it because all of their favorites are missing.

I actually WANT this game to be the "Street Fighter 3" of the Soul Calibur games, honestly I wish they had either dropped the 5 and gave it a suffix or just went with Soul Edge 2 (which was apparently brought up, but shot down)

I love the Soul Calibur cast but I like when things advance, I can't stand stagnation. Honestly I'll be happy if Siegfreid is the only returning character (aside from like immortals I guess...)

I also want them to reduce the roster, as of 4's cast there are too many characters that play too similarly/fill the same roles, I'm not going to call them flat out "clones" but you know what I mean.

Bring on the newcomers! I just hope their is a character I like as much as I did Xianghua.

Stuff

I would be surprised if we don't see Nightmare/Inferno in some form again or Hilde, just because it seems like a colossal waste to design her and then not use her design again.

It's still going to be extremely difficult for them to replace characters like Taki, Ivy, Mitsurugi and Voldo in the minds of fans.

Hilde is the only non immortal I want to see come back because you're right, she needs to make more appearances since 4/Broken Destiny are her first games, also I really like Hilde.

Like I said I'm not opposed to returning character but I'd like to see a 70:30 ratio of new to old, and as long as returning veterans are unique within the roster I'm 100% ok with them coming back = w=b

Meh, do you want Hilde back?

Answer.- Namco will probably just make another char who plays and kinda looks like her, but it's not her. THERE, problem solved.

The announcements say that there will be returning characters from SC4 and obviously new chars. So... Im guessing it'll be at least a 50:50 ration new to old. Like prototype said they have to bring back Taki, Ivy, Mitsu and Voldo they are just too big a part of the series to just drop out.

Talim and Tira will still be in prime fighting age so Im sure they'll be back. I think X, Mina and Kilik will be back too. + all immortals.

I actually want them to increase the roster. Though I agree, not with clones.

The announcements say that there will be returning characters from SC4 and obviously new chars. So... Im guessing it'll be at least a 50:50 ration new to old. Like prototype said they have to bring back Taki, Ivy, Mitsu and Voldo they are just too big a part of the series to just drop out.

Talim and Tira will still be in prime fighting age so Im sure they'll be back. I think X, Mina and Kilik will be back too. + all immortals.

I actually want them to increase the roster. Though I agree, not with clones.

Sure Tira will be in her prime and quite awesome if she isn't dead like the cutscene in SCIV before fighting Nightmare implies.

Sure Tira will be in her prime and quite awesome if she isn't dead like the cutscene in SCIV before fighting Nightmare implies.

Fuck, I forgot about that.

I kinda doubt we will see all the classic chars return in playable form (like Taki, Ivy, etc.) since they're frankly a bit too old. I don't think they'll go with almost 50 year old women strutting around in skintight suits and straps of cloth, doing backflips and stuff.

Since this game is pretty much a reboot it makes sense for them to swap out a bunch of the cast (I also think that the "17 year later" thing was intentional, so if some fans complain they can simply respond with "they're too old").

well, they can always go 3 ways in this game

a) make them extra chars without story

b) make clone chars with their style an motiff

c) go on a "mistycal" way from the story to explain why the didnt age

some of them dont.

Cervantes is an immortal pirate

Nightmare is just the embodiment of whatever lol

IVY is soulless and using whatever magic/alchemy to keep herself alive

Astaroth is a demon for all practical purposes

Lizard Man may not even show aging or is dead outright lol.

Raphael is a vampire (not really but whatever he did makes him like one)

Zasalamel is immortal as well.

then there's the young ones

Amy is OF AGE finally

Talim is OF AGE

Yun is still young enough to kick ass.

and then the dudes that just get better with age

Mitsurugi is a samurai, he only gets better as he goes.

Kilik is the same but a monk lol.

Sigfried of course as well.

ROCK is really old now though.....

so a good chunk of the cast could be good.

but then who will yell "BANGOOOOO!!!!!"

Rock can be in his win poses. Bangoo will be like "Did I do good father?" and Rock will go "You did great BANGOOOOOOOOOO!!!" yes, yes.

I guess that would be ok. But Bangoo could have a disorder that makes him yell BANGOOOO only, like BAM BAM

I guess that would be ok. But Bangoo could have a disorder that makes him yell BANGOOOO only, like BAM BAM

Rofl that'd be the best.

On the note of returning characters, Ivy, Siegfried, Nightmare, Raphael, Cervantes, Seong Mi-Na and Yun-Seong are likely to come back due to them being part of the cast for so long. Talim, Tira, Amy, Astaroth, Lizardman and Killik are also likely to return due to them being within fighting age. 40 isn't too old do fight, I cannot tell you how many black belts I've met that were in their 40's and still beating the snot out of people.

Sophitia is pretty much guaranteed to be replaced by her son, since he's supposed to play like her. Since Soul Calibur/Edge are now shorter and smaller swords, the Calibur will most likely be carried by Patroclus while Pyrrha (his sister) will most likely be the one carrying Soul Edge.

And to keep the age more spread out, the new characters will most likely be young.

This is all speculation, of course.

Pyrrha would definitely be wielding Soul Edge, after all it was revealed in SC4 that Tira kidnapped her and fused her with Soul Edge or something like that. That's why Sophitia changed sides, to try and save Pyrrha. I'm not quite sure of what exactly the story is, but it's something like that.