Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senzait

Soul Calibur 5

I remember that even if you could block the 1K, you would not be able to stand up in time to block the B. Because of lag.

Except that doesn't make sense because the first hit of Bullet Cutter is a mid and if you're crouch guarding you'd get hit by it immediately. If you blocked the first hit correctly you'd already be standing.

1. get rid of create a character

please answer

also, i dont understand why soul calibur fans want the create-a-character thing gone. that's a huge moneymaker and a nice feature. removing it is rather extreme as opposed to just..banning custom charas from tourneys or whatever.

there's no need to remove the create a character feature. If you don't like it, don't use it.

It if it does not affect gameplay (which it does not, at least for 4, didn't play 3 so i dunno), then whats the point? If its in the game, those that will use it are happy, and those that don't should not give a shit. If they get rid of it, the people that liked it get pissed and may not buy the game, while people who didn't like it still don't give a shit.

I personally don't care much about it, but its a way to attract more players while not really affecting those that don't care about it. It's smart of them, they have absolutely no reason to get rid of it, and they most probably won't.

It if it does not affect gameplay (which it does not, at least for 4, didn't play 3 so i dunno), then whats the point?

SC3's create a character changes gameplay by means of unlocking the style you want your character to have. You have these 3rd-rate weapons that (while having unique commands, though they still borrow moves from original characters) aren't very expansive. You have to fight a who-knows-how-many number of battles so you can unlock the original playstyles based on that original weapon. You fight with a CC that uses a sickle, eventually you'll get Zasalamel's playstyle. This aesthetic alone is needless and forces players to fight repetitive battles to just to earn the playstyle they wanted from the beginning. :psyduck:

Thankfully, SC3 had Chronicles of the Sword, which was a story mode with original characters and these weapons. This was the saving grace that forgets that crappy aesthetic existed.

Except that doesn't make sense because the first hit of Bullet Cutter is a mid and if you're crouch guarding you'd get hit by it immediately. If you blocked the first hit correctly you'd already be standing.

1K is a low for EVERY character. Though originally the post I thought meant 2KB- Stalk Reaper - low mid. 4KB is Bullet Cutter.

If it were up to me, everything would be available from the start without having to unlock anything and you could just design what you want, and then you could basically level up your equips or something via battle. I hate purchasing crap anyway, it's a waste of time.

the majority of the community(including me) were let down by the lack of features in SCIV. there was so much stuff and characters to unlock in sc3, it really seemed like a step back.

and you guys are right, if i dont like create a character, than i shouldnt use it.

its just that, IN MY OPINION, i rather spend time unlocking a bunch of armor/customizations for the characters i play, rather than items for a lame create a character.

so there actually would be a difference.

more of a focus on the main cast, rather than create a character...... is that bad in your opinion?

and as for the unlocking, its just like every other game that has em. they add length to the game and give a drive to play more(while having fun unlocking stuff). it can also be rewarding and can be shown off online. iono, i guess the use of unlocking is common sense. SC isnt a series that should be bare bones and have nothing to unlock. thats for the arcade. im talking about the console

But you can use the same parts on the main cast that you can use on the Create a Soul characters, which was part of the appeal (to me)

Dressing up Xianghua in sexy black/red matador outfit was pure awesomeness :3

Gilgamesh: Siegfried

they were almost 100% close to the original designs. xD

So I'm not the only one, had a decent Saber Lily as well. xD

ooo good point.

but i still stand on the fact that just about all the unlocks werent character specific besides the weapons (actually, were any of them character specific?)

on the topic of armor, im being picky... but i would prefer character specifics as a opposed to...'anyone can wear this, and anyone can wear this'

Yeah some character specific stuff would've been nice, that way they can really tailor it to the character model.

All I want is Xianghua's default SC2 outfit, is that too much to ask? ; A; (IMO Blue doesn't fit her aswell as the creators want me to believe, Redhua forever!)

so there actually would be a difference.

more of a focus on the main cast, rather than create a character...... is that bad in your opinion?

no, thats actually a good point. Hopefully they'll make the create-a-character customization also apply to the normal cast in equal measure.

Actually there is a countdown going on which is set to end May 10-11th.

http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/beginning_of_the_new_chapter/

Hype!

No one knows what exactly its for but its exciting news. Plus Daishi said a week ago or so on twitter that he was so excited that he might something slip early. At this point he is probably going to wait, but still! ^_^

For those of you who haven't been keeping up with speculation and things that Daishi says on his Twitter account...

Daishi first mentioned that there would be a new character that has a deep story with both swords, then the countdown started. Once it was up people began looking at the sword at the top of the countdown, everyone thought that it was Cassandra's sword and her story is quite fitting to what Daishi said. But then he mentioned "Did any of you know that Cassandra and Sophitia had a little brother named Lucius Alexandria?" thus starting the rumor that the sword could be his and that he could be the new main character.

I personally don't believe rumors unless they have a lot to back them up, but some of you might think this is interesting.

Cassandra's sword and her story is quite fitting to what Daishi said.

At first it was thought to be Cassy's sword but wasn't it agreed that it was actually Hilde's sword?

I'm not even going to speculate. I just want my create-a-character with improvements.

Announcement....... I though that was pretty common sense....... This is the first real announcement since they confirmed that a new game is coming out. That's not easily Hyped LOL. Unless your not that into the Calibur series.

I'll only get hype once this list starts getting filled.

Amy

Rapahel

Talim

Tira

Yun-seong

Complete costume customization and/or Create a Soul.

As long as mah bro Siegfried, Kilik and mah Mina are included, I'll be interested.

Oh, a better netcode and not the poor shitfest SC4 had plz

As long as mah bro Siegfried, Kilik and mah Mina are included, I'll be interested.

Oh, a better netcode and not the poor shitfest SC4 had plz

EW! Don't remind me of that netcode! It all came down to the winner having the largest weapon with that lag.