Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senzait

Soul Calibur 5

Fan of low tier? I can respect that ^_^

I love the challenge of using a low tier character, I also love the respect I get when I beat the living snot out of somebody. XD

I hope they don't nerf Xianghua or anything. I just want to play as my Xianghua~ :3

Dont think they will nerf X, specially since they nerfed her so much from SC3 to SC4, but who knows. I just hope they dont nerf Mitsu or Yoshi too much :(

I hope they don't nerf Xianghua or anything. I just want to play as my Xianghua~ :3

As long as u stay away from mah Mina D:<

I just want Mina to be more like her SC2 self. Her SC3 version is ugh, and SC4 was okay but still lacked something.

Dont think they will nerf X, specially since they nerfed her so much from SC3 to SC4, but who knows. I just hope they dont nerf Mitsu or Yoshi too much :(

Yeah that's why, they have a habit of nerfing a character more and more with each game. :/

I don't mind if she stays about the same(Actually, I want a buff :X ).

They have OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED IT!!! SOUL CALIBUR 5 IS COMING 2012!!

phpqmTGRUP1000344.JPG

What we know:

- Release set for 2012

- New main character; Patroklus; Sophitia's son and Cassandra's nephew

- Takes place 17 years after the events of SC4

so this means that my little girls Talim & Amy would be more women now, dunno if im happy or sad because of this :v:

also, this could mean that some chars wouldnt be on the game, or would be "secret" ones if they want to keep them the same

dunno why, but im getting worried now, no nightmare or cervantes would fuck my game seriously :vbang:

edit

a video of the event

My main Amy, being a full grown woman, Hmm. On one hand she's no longer the loli I adore. While on the other she might come out really smoking hot. I'm gonna main or at least sub her if she makes it. Now I'm just praying that Nightmare didn't completely kill Tira.

amy is technical immortal, so suposedly she doesnt age, the same for raphael, and she is not a loli either, she is over 12 so she is a nymphet

Namco Bandai has lifted the lid on Soulcalibur V at its press event in Dubai this morning.

The game, set 17 years after Soulcalibur IV, features guest characters, Project Soul producer Hisaharu Tago told Christian Donlan for Eurogamer.

The main character is Patroklos, son of Sophitia. Patroklos is "inspired" by the gameplay of Sophitia, but is "sharper" and "more agile". He has new moves, but they're all inspired by Sophitia's.

V takes the Siegried ending of IV and builds upon it. Seigfried, now 39 years old, no longer wields the Soul Calibur sword.

V is described as a "generational shift", complete with new characters, but SCIV characters will return. "SC 1-4 was a continuous story," Tago said. "We want to make a generational shift with a new story this time."

The Soulcalibur series is famous for the inclusion of characters from other universes, such as Link from The Legend of Zelda and Yoda from Star Wars. Will other non-Soulcalibur characters feature?

"Difficult question," Tago said. "We will have guest characters as we did with Star Wars. Please stay tuned for more information on that."

V marks a shift from two-handed swords to short swords, Tago announced. The story includes "the enigma as to why the swords have become short swords".

The game's new fighting style is described as "lighter, sharper, and more elegant". The online mode has been improved with new features. "Gameplay in IV could be a little heavy, particularly when you were online – we wanted gameplay that was more fast and reactive," Tago said.

On the shift in gameplay: "Maybe the hardcore fans will be afraid that we lose the core of the gameplay, but that's not the case. And for new players it's nice to have gameplay that is more continuous – you don't need to wait as much between moves.

"There is quite some change in the gameplay from SCIV. The pace of the game has been improved, and the combos will be easier to perform, and the moves will be easier to pull out."

Elsewhere, Tago confirmed the create a character feature from previous games in the series returns, but refused to divulge details.

Namco Bandai is yet to show actual gameplay, but promised more information at E3 next month.

source

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-11-first-soulcalibur-v-details

Age of existing characters: (Should they return)

Amy = 31

Astaroth = 24

Cassandra = 38

Cervantes = 48 (Undead)

Dampierre = Unknown (Possibly 55)

Hilde = 35

Hwang = 49

Ivy = 45

Kilik = 36

Li Long = 48

Lizardman = 53

Maxi = 45

Mitsurugi = 46

Nightmare = Unknown

Raphael = 49

Rock = 59

Seong Mi-na = 40

Setsuka = 41

Siegfried = 40

Sophitia = 42

Taki = 46

Talim = 32

Tira = 34

Voldo = 67

Xianghua = 37

Yoshimitsu = Unknown

Yun-seong = 35

Zasalamel = Unknown

(Taken from 8WayRun.com)

Age of existing characters: (Should they return)

God forbid there will be no characters who are no less than 18. Though I'm glad NB is take a daring step.

lol@ Cowgirl Talim xD

Oh wow Patroklos looks like he got that outfit from sneaking around in one of Raph's old closets lol. I was expecting something else from Sophitia's son but I like it. And even though I dislike Siegfried I'll admit he looks much better older. Also I'm gonna breathe a sigh of relief if that "she's back" poster confirms Talim in any way. It's funny how that cloak and cowgirl hat look good on her I hope it's her in game outfit.

upset @ siegfried's design. he's not glorious anymore. also patroklos looks pretty rad, but the 17 years later bit kind of worries me. heckuva glad to see the custom creation back tho

Patroklos was said to have some of Sophitia's moves and one of the directors said in a interview that he was a "faster and more agile Sophitia" so it looks like he'll be taking her place. =/

I'm gonna' miss these characters. (Assuming we'll be getting a whole new cast, aside from a select few)

upset @ siegfried's design. he's not glorious anymore.

I don't remember a criteria saying you need to have crystal armor to be glorious.

heckuva glad to see the custom creation back tho

It wouldn't kill them to bring back the exhibition theater.

upset @ siegfried's design. he's not glorious anymore. also patroklos looks pretty rad, but the 17 years later bit kind of worries me. heckuva glad to see the custom creation back tho

i like siegfried's new design much more than his crystal thing

17 years worries me too, though older kilik might be kind of cool, i want others to be the same