Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tong

Character Recolors, PSDs, and Renderings [*New* BBCF Available]

Thank you all for the support

Misae, the Bang is amazing :D For a moment I lost hope when you disappeared from my life >: haha

I'll do your Tsubaki right now Murki!And nice work on the stuff friend.

But some of my friends saw your sheets and said it they were too bright. I assume you're coloring using gradient maps, try to make some darker tones more visible. Just a suggestion.

Well, I dont have Bang's BBCS template nor Litchi's.:sweatdrop:

Snip

I think I know what you mean about the bright thing, I just try to make it as close to the sprites as possible, but I'll try and work on that next time I do some. And that Tsubaki is awesome, thanks so much <3

Question, is anyone plannin on doing Rabbits?

I had actually planned on doing her's right after I had semi-finished Platinum's, but if someone else wants to do it they can go on ahead and do so.

I think I know what you mean about the bright thing, I just try to make it as close to the sprites as possible, but I'll try and work on that next time I do some. And that Tsubaki is awesome, thanks so much <3

NP.

Now... If you try to recolor the art with the default sprite color, It will be VERY different from its counterpart, even tho they are supposed to be the same.

Just use your ultimate eye :p , i kno it sounds corny and generic but, yeah...

Actually, I sample colors for my gradients directly from the sprites myself...however I very frequently add extra colors and tones to darken or lighten certain areas that don't look quite right.

Actually, I sample colors for my gradients directly from the sprites myself...however I very frequently add extra colors and tones to darken or lighten certain areas that don't look quite right.

That's what I try to do, but I suppose I need to add a few more for the darkening part.

I was bored and gave this a shot

lambdapaletteninesmall.png

most people hate this palette

I <3 these colors

EDIT:

I could release the PSD for my template

but I'm messy and I work really weird in Photoshop

idk if people would get how to edit it lol

I love the palette (With that said, awesome job on it.) I just personally prefer the original purple color that we had for Nu. Only because with the red, blue and green with the purple, it just looks like they wanted to add as much as they could.

I always saw her as Rave Lambda what with all the neons. xD

But yeah the Eva color for Nu was was nicer.

I personally was a fan of the CT brown Nu palette. Motherfucking Anubis! Though I highly doubt it's a direct reference, it does look just a teeny tiny bit like it.

ZOE2_1.jpgCSXCq.png

When I do these portrait recolors for stick art, I find the most (vocab word time) Parametric way to approach them is with mask constrained adjustment layers. It's a bit complicated to set up good ones, but it leaves the art completely untouched and 100% editable/reversable at any stage of the recolor.

To be honest I don't actually have photoshop on me on this desktop, or I would open the templates and give advice (if warrented, most of these look more than clean).

However I do have ones already done for Litchi, Mu, Tsubaki, Hakumen and Hazama, if people would like those.

When I do these portrait recolors for stick art, I find the most (vocab word time) Parametric way to approach them is with mask constrained adjustment layers. It's a bit complicated to set up good ones, but it leaves the art completely untouched and 100% editable/reversable at any stage of the recolor.

To be honest I don't actually have photoshop on me on this desktop, or I would open the templates and give advice (if warrented, most of these look more than clean).

However I do have ones already done for Litchi, Mu, Tsubaki, Hakumen and Hazama, if people would like those.

well yes doing gradient maps will mess with the original picture so it is not recommended to use the same picture for a re-color after it has already been colored

I just find the same picture and re-use the paths I made to gradient maps

granted it isn't much of a difference, I like to know that it is perfect in my mind

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, the art gets "messed up" after coloring, thats why I make a copy of the original one.

And of course, you can contribute with w/e you can :)

PS.:Starting Makoto maybe...