Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Sooo is there a secret jump cancle after the j.c ->3D that allows the j2C to connect or what because that's my new "hmm" thing here.

Was messing around with this, and yeah like sinder said you have to jump straight up after the jB3]D[ into jC. As long as you don't delay the jC you should be able to start a 2c really close the ground after falling. Not sure if its character specific but delaying the jC results in no time to 2c on the way down. Also, new carl here... still in the sort of mashy phase but hoping to improve!

And while I'm here a quick question, I have had a bit of trouble with Tagers sledge>hammer. I try to keep nirvana out front, and poke him out of it beforehand with 5c but it often ends up trading for some reason and not in my favor. Is there another way to get around this or should I work on timing that 5c better? 4D seems to work some of the time, but I feel its not worth 1/3 of nirvanas life for what little damage I can get off it.

Hi bigbrownbadbear. If you already know he's/she's going to sledge you, try 3C. Almost everyone expects you to 4D now and they know sledge>hammer works on it.

And while I'm here a quick question, I have had a bit of trouble with Tagers sledge>hammer. I try to keep nirvana out front, and poke him out of it beforehand with 5c but it often ends up trading for some reason and not in my favor.

carl5c.jpg

It helps to know how crappy Carl's 5C hitbox is in this game. The only thing I can suggest is trying find that sweet spot where you hit him with your red box but he can't reach your blue box yet.

How long did it take you guys to get the j.b 3.d j.c part down? It's such an awkward input. And do you HAVE to double jump before the j.c, or is that just what the challenge has you do?

seems you have to jump cancel into the j.c or you dont get enough recovery time to j.2C before touching the ground.

Finaly CS2 is out,,, an Carl is looking ok to me. He feels sluggish tho =/ but more importantly, to do his 3D>2B loop u gotta delay the j.2c right ?.? cause its the only way i can make it connect. Im worried its character specific & ill need a diff timing per character.

Also the UB setup is goes like j.b>j.2c(3d)>j.a>j.a>j.b/3D

=( but my J.a dont come out

It helps to know how crappy Carl's 5C hitbox is

wat.

Wat.

WAT. That like impossibly bad. That's like CS1 Rachel 6A bad. We could most likely miss prowl tao if its really that small. I'm going to use 5B now. :(

Finaly CS2 is out,,, an Carl is looking ok to me. He feels sluggish tho =/ but more importantly, to do his 3D>2B loop u gotta delay the j.2c right ?.? cause its the only way i can make it connect. Im worried its character specific & ill need a diff timing per character.

Also the UB setup is goes like j.b>j.2c(3d)>j.a>j.a>j.b/3D

=( but my J.a dont come out

Im like you, adapting to the loop and relearning how Carl work in CS2. I feel like a noob, in CS1 i know my option and what to do... now in CS2 i feel insecure >_<.

I'm less worried about knowing options just because i know any hit confirm that leads up to a cantabile goes to the reset. which is... dandy, i guess... i guess random nirvana hit confirms might be good to bone up on, though i'd assume they are similar to CS1 where its just blah blah into 8D then into reset. which limits your combos off of them since you use more meter setting it up than from carl hits. oh well.

The reset is just so darned awkward to time tho ... @_@'

Im having a hard time getting it too.... sometimes carl hits the j.2c backwards =(

But before i mastered the reset i wana learn carls combos.... but if we not in C-O-N i draw a blank for combos except the j.c volante combo Is there anything else ?.?

Im having a hard time getting it too.... sometimes carl hits the j.2c backwards =(

you might be holding 1 for too long making nirvana push them under you. Most of the time, you should only be moving nirvana during the j2c to prevent that from happening...

you might be holding 1 for too long making nirvana push them under you. Most of the time, you should only be moving nirvana during the j2c to prevent that from happening...

Im talking about J.c>3D>"J.2c" carl will hit backwards ?.?

oh that.

its weird on "thinner" characters, happens a lot when you do the 5B->6B->623C->2C->236A->7jB+3D->9djC... on bigger characters you can do dj8jC which works easier (well, on big characters anything work lol)

It feels like the 3D needs all 4 hits to hit for that to properly work. Something along the lines of the 3D hits dragging them towards Nirvana, so if you get all 4 hits, they're closer to Nirvana, and further from Carl, so the j2C won't hit behind them.

For that specific combo I said, try to move Nirvana forward a little somewhere in between the 2C and 7jB... thats all I can say... Its crazy hard because I'll either get Brio from moving forward->236A, or 6D, or 8D, or some other crazy stuff... If anyone has a good way of doing it plz post

Carl mains, I have a question.

pardon my ignorance, but...is it not possible to just DP out of carl's unblockable resets or something? I never see japanese players do it in videos. I've seen some (accidentally?) block the low/high because they weren't time perfectly to be a "true" unblockable, but i've never seen a litchi or whoever actually DP. Am I missing something, or are japanese players just nuts and never DP in the very situation they are most needed?

Carl does not have an unblockable setup, but rather a hardtoblockable setup. BB's engine does not allow a character to suffer from a low and a high during the same active period.

Carl does not have an unblockable setup, but rather a hardtoblockable setup. BB's engine does not allow a character to suffer from a low and a high during the same active period.

Are you sure about that? even in GG unblockable wasnt real unblockable, just 1 frame window. I think that the new UB from CS2 is a real UB. j.B and 3]D[ seem that can have a 1 frame windows to block.

Perfectly timed it would be a one frame window, but the point is that you can block it, even if you're just flipping coins on which one comes first.

C0R Im not so sure about that cause iv had the computer set to "Block all" >.> & they still get hit when i did 2B+2D.... only one move gets registered but its still a UB.

Also Mightfo to answer your question, the reson people dont Dp out is cause.

Carl does J.2c>j.a>J.a>J.b+3D

your Dp doesnt attack off frame 1 its a couple before it hits, but the invinsibility is active around fram 1. So ur Dp makes carls J.b wiff causing him to land because he is so close to the ground. An by the time ur Dp is active he is already blocking.

& he gets a CH 3c into 5k+The reset u just got out of