Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

So, alright. I understand that Carl doesn't exactly have BnBs. But taking into account my mediocre execution: what are one or two reliable combos?

I have my Carl solo one pretty much down: 5B 6B 623C 6B sjc 5B 2C 5B jc 5B 2C 5C. I thats a pretty solid combo.

When the game is Carl - Nirvana - opponent, I usually just have nirvana do drillhand and I airdash, trying to get a cross-up or something. Or if they are coming at me, the long-finger 623D

When its Carl - opponent - Nirvana I go for 5B, 6C, 6D then I just go into my Carl solo combo. Theres gotta be something better to do here thats still at my level, and something with some of Carl's reset shenanigans oppurtunities afterward (believe yall call that okizeme?).

any help to be given for these very basic questions?

I have my Carl solo one pretty much down: 5B 6B 623C 6B sjc 5B 2C 5B jc 5B 2C 5C. I thats a pretty solid combo.

Tried that one before a couple of times, but for some reason the last 2C keeps missing, do you know what I'm doing wrong?

And are there any good follow ups you can do after Nirvana's rhapsody of memories? Like after the last punch that sends the enemy flying?

Im not sure how u are doing Sjc>5B O.o i believe u typed ur combo wrong,, but for bnb's u should do 5b>6b>623c>22D>6B or 5c>j.b>(j421D)>j2c>jb>jump cancel>jb>j2c>Jc>22D>volante hits>5c>j.b>jc its about 3.5k i believe.

An as for simple follow ups while in C-O-N 5b>5c>6D>5b>5c>623c>5c>j.b>j2c>jb>Jb>jc>8D>3c or 8D>Uppercut ultra

Any combo that ends in 3c or jc always do 3D if they try to roll away the 3D will always pick them up..... if Ada is close by. I also posted several beginner combos on the last page

Who know how to do well the 6C full charged UB agasint hakumen?

I only know how to do it with another method that is: Cantabille, 5C, 2C, 8]D[, 6[C], 3]D[ 6C full charged.. But this is kinda hard timming in a way that Hakumen can´t jump after 3]D[. This is the method used in the combo video Last Paradice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUxLjrpV4hk#t=2m41s

The other method, the one that use most the jap player is: Cantabille, 2C, 8]D[ (double clap), 6[C], 3]D[, 6C full charged... This one, is more hard in the sense that you need double clap and being able to make 3]D[ connect after 8]D[. The last part is the hard thing for me. 3]D[ just whiff..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbkiOqC20Kk#t=8m40s

Any help?

Isu told me its something u gotta learn on ur own. Just like the Jb/3D loop/reset but both of ur combos are legit, if thats wat u asking.

Lol i forgot to write my doub. The sencond metod, the one that most jap player use, is more exact? in the way that when 6C full charge come out, the rival cant jump?

Because when i do the first one, the one from Last paradise, is really hard to timing well in a way that haku can´t escape with jumping.

Tried that one before a couple of times, but for some reason the last 2C keeps missing, do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Never mind that question, turns out it doesn't work on all characters and I only tried it on Noel before.

Heres what I have going for a corner B&B now.

5b 6c 623C 6B j.5b j.2c j.5b j.5b j.2c 8D j.5c land 5C j.5B j.2C j.5B j.5B j.2C Brio j.5C land Laetabilis Cantata.

Does 4.8k damage, Is there something I can do to get a extra 200 damage out of this for 5k? :v:

I'm pretty sure i've seen some of the fancier carl players do an Aircombo -> KD down into Volante then air combo KD into 8D then 2C - Fermatta.

corner 5b>5c>623c>6b>jb>j2c>allegreto>brio>j2c>(2D)jb>jc>2D>5c>Jb>j2c(Volante)>jb>jb>jc>Volante>j2c>allegreto> 8D>Fermata or 8D>3c>Latabilis Cantata

This is going to sound like a really beginner question, but I'm having a lot of trouble controlling Nirvana. I know to put a command for her, you hold down the D button as you do the i nputs, then release it. But for some reason, it just tends to get me to control her, move her, then she just goes back to off mode. It's really frustrating, as I really really want to learn Carl, I can't even do his challenge mode cause of the trouble I have controlling Nirvana.

Any advice? ;___;

Keep her activated whenever you're doing the carl-stuff? i'd have to see what the problem looks like to understand what you're talking about o.o. like are u trying to keep her deactivated until u need to input the move?

I activate her, and keep her activated till I do the inputs, but instead of the move coming out when I release D, she just deactivates a lot of the time.

Also grats to ZONG_one for making it far into EVO, that hakumen was brutal.

Cool, unfortunately I couldn't watch the finals, is there anywhere I can watch it now after it has already aired? I searched the net already but couldn't find any of ZONG_one:s matches, would love to see them.

I activate her, and keep her activated till I do the inputs, but instead of the move coming out when I release D, she just deactivates a lot of the time.

Sounds like you need to release the D button sooner, Nirvana moves need to be released at the same kind of timing that you'd need to press a button for any other move. If you're doing 623]D[ make sure you release D at about the same time as you're hitting the 3, for her basic moves you'll be holding the direction while releasing D.

Negative edging takes a bit of getting used to. But it definitely sounds like you need to work on your timing.

You need to make sure you're still holding the directional input when you let go of D for her normals. If you're doing 623D or something then you might be releasing it too late. For any DP movement you should be releasing D with around the same timing as you would be pressing the button with other characters (the exact moment you finish entering the input).

When she just deactivates that means your stick is in neutral when you let go of D.

Edit: Yeah Marisa already said the jist of it lol

I was wondering if there was (or someone could do) a guide to CS2 Carl?

With brief descriptions of each normal/special move and what makes them good/bad and also combos with/without meter/nirvana and corners etc.

Would be greatly appreciated.

For the time being could someone please list a few of Carls current BnB combos? I've read so many from the past but from recent match vids they are all different and I still find myself doing CS1 j.2C 2]D[ setups.

Thanks.

I was wondering if there was (or someone could do) a guide to CS2 Carl?

With brief descriptions of each normal/special move and what makes them good/bad and also combos with/without meter/nirvana and corners etc. For the time being could someone please list a few of Carls current BnB combos? I've read so many from the past but from recent match vids they are all different and I still find myself doing CS1 j.2C 2]D[ setups.

Thanks.

archive section, first topic,loke test topic, first topic on the carl clover page. Created by zero the great and young kyle has everything you asked for, but the combos are obviously different. We have a billion bnbs posted here. here is one common bnb

5B>6B>236C>6B>j,B+3[D]>j+3]D[> j,C>j,2C>j,B> j,C,2B+2]D[,5B,6B

Here are the topics you are looking for:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?5924-Carl-Clover-CT-101-Robots-Raise-The-Roof

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10046-Carl-Clover-CT-CS1.01-CS2-Loke-Test

THE COMBOS ARE DIFFERENT

also some moves gained different properties in CSII

Ah right, just a mish mash of old and new stuff in alternate threads. I already learnt CS1 Carl I was just hoping for a compiled thread with his CS2 strats/changes and combos.

Just a few questions:

1. Does anyone have the notation for his mid screen volante combo? I'm currently doing

5B, 6B, 623C, 22D, 6B, j.B, j.2C, 421]D[, j.B, dj.B...

But the volante takes a while so I imagine I need another j.2C in there somewhere? I tried it at the end of what I listed there but it never hits due to the height.

2. After a combo into 236236]D[ and I land a reset mid way through what is the best combo to do with Carl after the wall bounce? I'm doing 5C, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, dj.B xx Alegretto

3. When you land 2C, 8]D[ what are the best combos in that situation? I used to do the j.2C, j.C, 2]D[ stuff but I'm not sure what I shuold be doing now?

Thank you.

1. Does anyone have the notation for his mid screen volante combo? I'm currently doing

5B, 6B, 623C, 22D, 6B, j.B, j.2C, 421]D[, j.B, dj.B...

The challenge mode combo is this plus j.2C, j.C, volante hits, and so on.

The issue with the first part is that need to do super jump jb.

Number two it depends wat reset u doing cause if u do 6D>bla>bla>ROM(236236D) U can do 6b>j2c allecan >6b>j2c allecan>6b>full charge 6C during ROM. The full charged 6C will reset it. Even if they were to IB nirvana they still dont got the frames to Dp then u can 3c>Final hit of ROM into 5c>jb>j2c>(Volante)>Jb>jb>j2c>jc>volante hits>5c>Jb>Jc>Brio>3c>GearDD its like a 4.3k reset & unless u extra far from the wall it will always connect.

As for the third one, u said u played cs1 carl that means u kno his 4D combos. Or kno of his 4D combos,,,,, u use the 4D combo or go into his jb>j2c loop into the jb/3D reset both are good options but if u low on meter use the 4D combo