Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

CS2 Carl's non-loop resets are actually a million times better than CS1. It's just that there's not really a reason to choose to do them over the unblockable. If you weren't doing the unblockable, any combo could still lead into a DP-safe 50/50 mixup, which is something CS1 Carl could not do.

Also, for CS2+: 2A 5B 623C 22D 2C 236A sj.A j.C 3D airdash j.A j.B delay j.A j.2C j.A j.A > j.B+3D

I really hope ArcSys realizes that they need a better solution to get rid of the loop (and same as everyone else, I want more Nirvana health to compensate. Also they should probably just remove 6C full charge or something to make Hakumen happier)

No! dont fuck with that men... we need 6C full charged, seriusly.. that match is just horrible for Carl. Is just to dumb that Haku only with D counter can give us so much pain..

Carl doesn't need need 6C tampered with. Haku vs Carl is fine as is.

The whole 1 j.2C in the air thing may only be temporary until Arcsys can figure out what to really do.

I dont kno about that zoogs cause that isnt really a nerf to carl in general =/ we can still do it in things like our volante combos so im pretty sure its here to stay.

But well have the second locktest results soon, they got to give us a dmg buff cause our combos just wont be good enough to compete with everyone else. Alot of our moves are useless mid combo, im sure that alot of carls normal are going to be buffed.

We arnt able to use 2c 6a 3c & 6c mid combo & expect to get dmg cause all of these normals are crapy if u use them mid combo. An im talking about an actual combo, not using 2c>236c to set up for the loop.

IMO we should get a 6a proration buff 2c longer untech time & 3c better proration & we would be in business.

-EDIT-

Wait zoogs u kno they mean j2c once per jump. That mean while we are in the air & we do 1 j2c we need to jump cancel to do it again

ahh I didn't think about it jump canceling resetting the rule. In that case, I don't mind them doing away with multiple j.2c's per jump as long as he can do another one during his double jump.

You know an easier solution to prevent the loop would be to just lower the bounce on j.2C again... I don't think they were really trying to completely take away his unblockable so much as weaken his ability to do it so easily (although it wasn't exactly easy...). We'll see what they have planned I guess.

They've managed to excite me with the last 3 iterations. Hopefully they can keep it up :]

Yeah I'm sad about the 6A nerf but happy about j.2C. Although I think being able to crossup in the corner is a universal change. Some characters will be able to take advantage of it better however.

Looks like our J2c got a buff,, we can cross up ppl in the corner now

An out 6a got an INV nerf

Why!???? the nerf to 6A?? I love that move on CS2, it was great and no broken!, Carl need that move to be good! if not people will just jump against Carl so freely.. Come on Arkys, dont make useless the harder char to lear T_T.

j.2c - Can now cross up even for opponents in the corner

6C - Added floor bounce property.

6D - Causes corner blowback on air normal hit, wallbound on air counter hit

j.2C - Can now only be used once per jump (no more unblockable)

Cantabile - Now hits even at point-blank range

6A - Head invulnerability frames reduced, can wait and beat out its recovery with air attack

Can no longer do glide throw

lol they nerf his anti air

I'm baffled with these changes, but i mean he was bound to change like everybody else

the new cantabile change and 6C ground bounce is coming off as shenanigans to me, what about anybody else?

in the corner cantanile>6c> 2c>brio??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why!???? the nerf to 6A?? I love that move on CS2, it was great and not broken!, Carl need that move to be good! if not people will just jump against Carl so freely.. Come on Arkys, dont make useless the harder char to lear T_T.

sis is starting to take over this match now. They might as well change the name to carl and ada lol

Most of the time, IB backdash+Volante, cuz it has some Iframes and beats throws so you can troll block strings while you troll Tap 720's/troll gadget finger.

IB Vivace should be used to get out of corners or hide behind Ada.

lol they nerf his anti air

I'm baffled with these changes, but i mean he was bound to change like everybody else

the new cantabile change and 6C ground bounce is coming off as shenanigans to me, what about anybody else?

in the corner cantanile>6c> 2c>brio??!?!?!?!?!?!?

sis is starting to take over this match now. They might as well change the name to carl and ada lol

Dude, Carl is always Carl + Ada. But, that isnt a reason to nerf 6A, seriusly 2 on 1 chars need to have like a good normal anti air if not... people will just jump over at you.

Check Eddie for example, he have very good AA that werent broken... with the exeption of the stun inflected from 6P.

STUPID QUESTION TIME: Go play CT. 2C 8D 2C 8D 2C UPPAH. Make all of the 8D's 2hit. Where the hell did all that damage go? And why was no one using it? 'Cause that is really really nice damage. Sorry if this gets Slowpoke'd

STUPID QUESTION TIME: Go play CT. 2C 8D 2C 8D 2C UPPAH. Make all of the 8D's 2hit. Where the hell did all that damage go? And why was no one using it? 'Cause that is really really nice damage. Sorry if this gets Slowpoke'd

Nobody used it because if you were in a position to 2C 8]D[ someone you could clap trap them and get 100% out of it (barring the characters that had a free out like Rachel/Bang/Hakumen).

Its very annoying to me because all of carls normals are ass, which means approaching someone is impossible.. But they can approach us for free O.o oh ok that makes sence since i hav THE LOWEST HP IN THE GAME. IMO carl needs litch'is crouching hitbox, Haz air hitbox & Ragnas AA -_-" Cause arks is pissin me of. Keep nerfing our arsenal of good normals all we got is J.a

People are underestimating Carl's pokes.

Yes they have crappy range but the thing is their priority is incredibly high because a lot of his pokes are disjointed. 5B is AMAZING!!! Plus you add in Carl's zoning (ie hiding behind Nirvana). While Nirvana is doing 6D, 4D, 8D, or 623D, Carl can j.A his oppnent if they get through or vivace or glide thow away. CS2 6A which is amazing (and I will miss it) just makes things worst.

Whats more is all the ways for Nirvana stop an opponents offense even if Carl is blocking or getting hit. Its kind of unfair to be honest for a lot of characters (of course there are some characters I couldn't care less if I screw them over).

Plus jump back j.B is such a good zoning tool against advancers since its hit box is so big. I'm just always fishing for a counter hit.

With all of that, I guess the developers felt that something had to give. So they nerfed 6A. I hope it will atleast go back to CS1 status. 6A was still decent just not as good as it is right now.

TO SUM THINGS UP: If you stay outside of Carl's range you're doing fine. However, if you're in his range you better respect him.

Even tho his moves are disjointed they are still part of his hitbox,,, thats what makes me upset. The horse in his 5c is part of his hitbox, 3/4's of 5b is carl, all of 5a & 2a are carl. So imo its like he just has a long hand or leg, his only moves that arnt like that are 2b & 6B. His 2b is a good poke but lacks the reach of 5b, all im saying is his normals hav crappy properties. And if a person is smart then hiding behind Ada isnt useful at all, people hav ran up to her & if she cut on they 5a jump or 5a IAD depending on my position. The 5a cancels Ada's move. 4D has to slow start up so regardless they are free to tap & get in & if i try to 5c them the IAD or jump is coming & they in my face =/ iv never found that strat useful

Also its been a week,,,, ?.? were are the new locktest changes. I thought they came at weekly

Sup Carl boards?

Anyways so ever since CT he's totally amazed me. I though he was just plain awesome to watch, and looked fun to play but damn it all if he isn't insanely hard to control. This would be the main reason I avoided him. Plus I was an absolute beginner at the time so it drove me up the wall trying to figure him out.

Anyways, now that I'm more experienced in how the game works and have settled on my main, I really want another character to practice with (one that isn't loli bell kawaiikawaii, gives me a headache even if I love her.) and Carl seemed up to the task of providing me with tons of stuff to practice on.

How good is his challenge mode for basics and junk, or is there a better list of BnBs that I should focus on for the moment?

unfortunately because u can do almost any chain of moves together carl doesnt have a combo thread. However here are some of his optimal dmg/meter combos.

Since your new to carl im assuming that u dont know wat some of his stuff means. J2c-allecan is a move used by carl after his j2c. It cancels his jump animation after j2c. Its done be using allegreto after j2c. Since your using carl & its 3people on the screen @ all times C represents Carl, N~Nirvana/Ada/Nee-san, O~opponent, W~Wall of the screen. They are for symbols for carls formations during combos (IE sandwich formation C-O-N).

Combos C-O-N

5b>5c>cantabile>4D>66>5c>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>jb>jc>volante>5c>j2c>jb>(8D)jb>jc>8D=4k midscreen

N-C-O

5b>6b>Cantabile>22D>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>jb>j2c>jc>Volante(22D)>5c>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>jb>J2c>jc>(22D)>volante>236a>(3D for oki)=3.6k midscreen will combo virtually wall to wall.

N-C-O-W

5b>5c>cantabile>4D>j2c>jb>jb>j2c>jc>brio>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>j2c(8D)>jc>8D>j2c(8D)>allegreto>8D>DD 5k u build the heat 50 mid combo

Thansk very much for that! Actually I did know how to do allecan from me messing with him awhile ago but the formations is something I didn't know. Thanks again for those, it's very helpful. ^^

Regarding Carl's new changes in the loketest

+Forward Step has more range, now cancelable earlier

-3D groundbounces (wat)

Is Forward step literally his forward step or something else?

Is ground bounce like what Lambda's 236D does on hit, or just one bounce after the hits?

I only complaing with this 2 thing:

-Using the sister multiple times in a row costs more meter

-3D groundbounces (wat)

I hope that they remove that changes in the next loketest.

Now, about 3D groundbounce, WTF?... i just son weird... why?

Still the buff were good, so i still have hope.