Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

I don't even get to play often, since I'm always doing assignments, hence me not being good at the game lol.

I didn't know you were talking about it's usefulness on wakeup, I thought we were talking about using it raw in neutral game?

The way I see it is this: Vivace is good for using during pressure and for mixup. Led Ley is better for baiting DPs, and reversals (with Ignis). In terms of usefulness to me, I say Led Ley is a lot better since I play way more defensively and reversals/a way to slow down pressure is preferable to going for mixup. I just don't really get what you mean when you say meaties could eat Led Ley pretty well, the same is true for Vivace. If were talking about using Vivace after getting knocked down, anyone spamming 2A will stop you, it's the same in either case actually.

I think both are pretty bad on wakeup since anyone can just mash 2A/5A and stop you. That's why I thought we were talking about using it raw.

Oh ok I see what you're saying now. I don't think Led Ley will work out that well on dp baits if you're going to retaliate with the doll. The doll will just increase the active frames on a dp and make it so it might still hit you. Maybe if you delay the doll attack till the dp is in recovery. But yeah, I'd agree it raw is more helpful than Vivace.

Carl will be fine in CSE, he got 3k off some ass combo in that Relius vs Carl video. I can only imagine what we can do with the new 3D and possible 2D shenanigans.

possible 2D shenanigans.

You mean the part where you find it hard to combo because 2D knocks them so far back? :P JK obviously, I just want the game in my hands so I can see for myself. PSV releases in February in NA, if they want to have BBCSX as a launch title here too (with the simultaneous PS3/Xbox360 launch), we'll have to wait til then to play. I'm hoping we'll get our regular speedy release though. I don't plan on getting it for PSV.

Fermata used to do an amazing tech-trap in CS1 but i think they decreased it's hit box so it doesn't work anymore.

Used to be launch combo whatever -> Tight sandwhich -> j.2C Alle~can fermata. if they ate it they took 1k, if they teched neutral forward or back they reset into 3k + a new combo. it was mean as fuck i used to do it allot :x

I found in on accident too xD because of messing up j.2C volante combos. But it was pretty legit c.c

Either way. now the hit box seems narrower so back/forward air teching doesn't catch.

The only change that really bother me is the 2]D[. WTF! what was the idea for make that move bouce way too much! Seem that people are getting a really hard time trying to combine after a 2]D[

That Carl was able to catch him with two dashes after 2D though, I'm starting to wonder if we can combo into Allegretto>8D after the 2D bounce. That'd be pretty sweet.

Guys from what I've seen Carl players are able to handle the new 2D. There's no point in flipping out. Carl can still combo off of most 2D setups rather than can't.

Lol i could actually agree with that....... but from what im looking at carl is the exact same with the lost of 3D oki & the loop. Well in all honesty we aint lose the loop... its just less practical than it use to be so its not that big of a change. Our most optimal combo's are still the same in the corner hitconferm>air combo> Brio> air combo> 8d> DD unless they decided to change the P2 proration on 3D to like 100 if not we are still going to get the same damage.... in all honesty, our D moves should all have a p1 of 95-100 & a p2 of 90-95 cause this p1 80 & p2 80 is crappy it cuts on how much dmg we get during our combos.

Cause the only reason we dont get our same dmg like in cs1 isnt cause of a dmg nerf. Its because they added the 'decay' affect to out combo's so now our movesdont keep them stunned as long while doing a long extensive combo they tech our cause we dont keep them stunned long enough. Now no matter the starter our we can only to 2 carl combos with 2 ada attacks & an 8D finisher,, it goes air combo>ada attack>aircombo>ada>finisher in cs1 it was Carl attack>ada attack>carl combo>ada attack>carl combo>finisher. Its not nessecarly a metter issue its just our old combos arnt possible.... Actually what we need is a move with bonus proration like the last hit to our 3D should have a bonus 120% proration.... since its gonna be useless other then a toll to get people afraid of rolling

In all honesty, I think we Carl mainers just like to complain :P

Which is kind of why I'm frustrated with this thread.

To be honest, I don't even really care about the changes...My main interest is discussing Carl's background/story/personality but it doesn't seem like anyone's into that here... I kinda give up on talking about the technical stuff since I don't know that much and it's not terribly interesting lol.

If you want to steer the conversation to something more constructive, feel free to do so. Maybe we should have a Carl fanart thread or something? Just throwing out ideas. You don't have to be frustrated though. No offence to the Carl subforums but a lot of other characters' forums are easier going and generally have a lot more interesting things to say (my favs are the Tsubaki/Rachel discussion forums), you don't have to lurk this thread lol.

I've actually been really excited about each new iteration of Carl up until now. He looks a bit stale in CSEX... I haven't seen any vids of him so far that have gotten me excited. Disappoint :[

To be honest, I don't even really care about the changes...My main interest is discussing Carl's background/story/personality but it doesn't seem like anyone's into that here... I kinda give up on talking about the technical stuff since I don't know that much and it's not terribly interesting lol.

I think I'm the other half of your soul or something; that's exactly what I came in here for 8D

If you want to steer the conversation to something more constructive, feel free to do so. Maybe we should have a Carl fanart thread or something?

I'd be glad to contribute to that thread... >>

I love this carl. Returning him back to his CS1 style (increasing her meter) again was all I wanted. Now time to watch some more vids. I'll try and see if I can get back to finding more info for the reset/strat thread. I'll probably modify/delete stuff to fit the current version. I'm kinda going through a rough time but hopefully I should be out of it soon. So it might take a while before I get to posting stuff here again.

Lol, Zong has to revive the thread first though. Zong, are you still alive?

I think I'm the other half of your soul or something; that's exactly what I came in here for 8D

I'd be glad to contribute to that thread... >>

Sweet! I'd contribute too :D I kinda want there to be a Carl general discussion which isn't technical at all but I get the feeling it would only be you and I posting in either the fanart or general discussion thread T__T

To be honest, I don't even really care about the changes...My main interest is discussing Carl's background/story/personality

The only reason I play story mode is for Carl ;A;.

I do believe there should be a separate form here for character chatter vs. tactical discussion, which is lacking in the last few pages.

Hey, Carl in this game can use option select? not counting the throw break option select.

Yea its for wake up Dp's tho,, its 1B. But be sure to time it so that they get hit during active frames, they will clash if they to wake up Dp however it does not work at point blank range. the first Dp will clash and if they are mashing it then they will do it again and whiff

Sweet, then we have 3 people now for a possible discussion thread :D We need more people though, anyone else interested??

I would. :)