Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Lol you seem to know understand if you learn it,, you WILL do it everytime the chance presents itself. An idk if you knew this but it does not matter were ada is nor does it matter what you start it with. It can always be done, so its pointless doing anything else when you can just go for that. An just so you understand the UB setup implies the 3D/Jb reset, it is Dp/Mash/DD safe while being UB all at the same time.

So my question is when you hit someone are you going to go for optimal or not,, optimal being the UB setup. None optimal being a combo =/ so i would like to know that way i can narrow down what needs to be taught to him.

You will end up blocking a lot, with no way to get out except counter assaults, blocking and maybe vivace if they try an overhead. Save all your meter unless using it will win the round, because Carl is screwed in corner pressure.

I just started playing CS2 carl for the first time a couple days ago in prep for EX. Haha, he felt different from CS1, duh. Nirvana's faster walk speed threw me off a bit. It was like she was on jet packs compared to CS1. I'm playing him loopless, and boy oh boy nirvana's meter is.... It's bad enough that I'm terrible right now, but his damage and nirvana's meter without the loop is pretty bad. Thanks to all those DLers I ran into to help alleviate some rust.

After seeing this video, Infinite Crisis, I seriously can't wait for extend. This is the carl I really enjoy. The execution on his stuff seems to have increased, and now he has more options in addition to his already long list of options from CS1-CS2. This is one thing I hate about carl. It's almost impossible to use him effectively online if there is even slight lag, and people have a tendency to skip intros online.

The fuoco change and nirvana appearing closer to carl after 22D are additions I really like. Being able to combo off air hitconfirm fuocos is gatlike. I hated seeing them fly away all the time. Since nirvana appears closer, after 22D, I'm sure we can do 5B 6B 623C 22D 5C volante vivaceA j.2C allecan 5C j.C 4D........ That's probably almost 4k if the combo works and my assumptions are right. I love how carl hurts now. I mean we are almost back to CS1 damage here. He deals more damage on his ground loops than CS1 carl. Then again it makes sense as CS1 nirvana recharged very fast. The new changes not only give him more options, but more combos as well. His new combos are so c@$h.

I'm going to really enjoy playing carl this version. Anyway, I'm going to create the RESET/STRAT CSEX thread like I did for CS1. I will take all the stuff from the CS1 thread that is still possible in EX and repost it, with new EX stuff. I will start on it today if I can.

as long as you don't knock them down too close to nirvana.

Or in the corner. Which i've noticed is a big new tactic in EX. Fuoco -> high/low -> combo -> Knock down -> repeat.

And we still have 3D close range/mid screen :D

Ohi i'm in CS2 discussion. I'll stop now.

I just started playing CS2 carl for the first time a couple days ago in prep for EX. Haha, he felt different from CS1, duh. Nirvana's faster walk speed threw me off a bit. It was like she was on jet packs compared to CS1. I'm playing him loopless, and boy oh boy nirvana's meter is.... It's bad enough that I'm terrible right now, but his damage and nirvana's meter without the loop is pretty bad. Thanks to all those DLers I ran into to help alleviate some rust.

After seeing this video, Infinite Crisis, I seriously can't wait for extend. This is the carl I really enjoy. The execution on his stuff seems to have increased, and now he has more options in addition to his already long list of options from CS1-CS2. This is one thing I hate about carl. It's almost impossible to use him effectively online if there is even slight lag, and people have a tendency to skip intros online.

The fuoco change and nirvana appearing closer to carl after 22D are additions I really like. Being able to combo off air hitconfirm fuocos is gatlike. I hated seeing them fly away all the time. Since nirvana appears closer, after 22D, I'm sure we can do 5B 6B 623C 22D 5C volante vivaceA j.2C allecan 5C j.C 4D........ That's probably almost 4k if the combo works and my assumptions are right. I love how carl hurts now. I mean we are almost back to CS1 damage here. He deals more damage on his ground loops than CS1 carl. Then again it makes sense as CS1 nirvana recharged very fast. The new changes not only give him more options, but more combos as well. His new combos are so c@$h.

I'm going to really enjoy playing carl this version. Anyway, I'm going to create the RESET/STRAT CSEX thread like I did for CS1. I will take all the stuff from the CS1 thread that is still possible in EX and repost it, with new EX stuff. I will start on it today if I can.

good luck you have a LOOOONG ass way to go probably a year to get this character down been playing this damn character since ct and i still feel like im shit with him although (and dont want to sound egotistical) i feel like im somewhat better than most carls here in so cal except for Zong but i was told he was dropping the character :9

boring mainly. I still use him but struggle through because I dont optimize via loop.

90% of the reason why I don't play well with him. I don't actively try to reset or loop, I just do whatever is fun. Been trying out Valk lately. I like him, but when you play people that don't have matchup experience, it's boring since he does so much damage. He can't do anything if he's cornered though, so that sucks.

90% of the reason why I don't play well with him. I don't actively try to reset or loop, I just do whatever is fun. Been trying out Valk lately. I like him, but when you play people that don't have matchup experience, it's boring since he does so much damage. He can't do anything if he's cornered though, so that sucks.

-_- many have been trying out that old fart that character is so damn cheap he can do a lot in corner youre probably doing something wrong. with extend on the way at least with carl we have somewhat of a chance to beat the many valks that are coming our way but its going to be a pain in the ass

-_- many have been trying out that old fart that character is so damn cheap he can do a lot in corner youre probably doing something wrong. with extend on the way at least with carl we have somewhat of a chance to beat the many valks that are coming our way but its going to be a pain in the ass

I dunno if you read my post incorrectly, but I'll go with the assumption that you were talking about when Valk is being cornered, since that's what I was talking about. I went to the Valk boards for advice when I started subbing him. Valk is awful when he's stuck in the corner. You're pretty much waiting for your opponent to screw up so you can jump out or burst safely. He's very much like Arakune in that regard.

And he's cool. Meets all the requirements for my mains/subs:

- Fancy Clothes

- Polite/Regal in demeanor

- Not fanservice-y

Anyways, I still find Carl the most fun, so I don't play him that often. I'll probably only alternate between Relius and Carl when I get CSX. Still think Rachel is cool too, but she's not as entertaining for me.

I dunno if you read my post incorrectly, but I'll go with the assumption that you were talking about when Valk is being cornered, since that's what I was talking about. I went to the Valk boards for advice when I started subbing him. Valk is awful when he's stuck in the corner. You're pretty much waiting for your opponent to screw up so you can jump out or burst safely. He's very much like Arakune in that regard.

And he's cool. Meets all the requirements for my mains/subs:

- Fancy Clothes

- Polite/Regal in demeanor

- Not fanservice-y

Anyways, I still find Carl the most fun, so I don't play him that often. I'll probably only alternate between Relius and Carl when I get CSX. Still think Rachel is cool too, but she's not as entertaining for me.

I was talking about Valk he has his good ol 6A for disrespecting corner pressure with that cheap character and besides if you got backed up in the corner while using Valk then the player has done something terribly wrong but anywho back to Carl as far as ive noticed recently im loving the fuoco pickups in extend that you couldnt do that perfectly in CS2

oh ho ho I am going to have soo much fun with that pick up...........

On a happy note I need to start updating the Carl threads so expect to see a lot of sinder this week

GT: dreadmaniac

^^^ I have been playing a lot of blazblue lately because Marvel is full of derpness and my street fighter 4 is on one of the gamestop shelves

**I don't have a PS3**

I'm also going to stalk other users who use Carl and put their names in a list whether you suck or not

You've been warned

On a happy note I need to start updating the Carl threads so expect to see a lot of sinder this week

^^^ I have been playing a lot of blazblue lately because Marvel is full of derpness and my street fighter 4 is on one of the gamestop shelves

**I don't have a PS3**

I'm also going to stalk other users who use Carl and put their names in a list whether you suck or not

You've been warned

Its going to be cool

I see you use Valk also how about a challenge haha ill be looking forward to that Valk eh i mean carl list bro

**I don't have a PS3**

You've been warned

c____c that's a mean list bruh.

You've been warned

I do not mean to be rude, however that will not be necessary. You are free to put up what you like but criticizing someone else's skill is inappropriate an it will probably result in the thread being closed down by our moderator. Out of all the people in this thread there are a few who are more skilled then others everyone can still feel free to ask anyone anything. If you do intend of continuing that will do nothing but undermine the opinion & knowledge. Just because someone lacks the skill to preform something that does not mean they lack the knowledge.

Me for example, if i were to attempt the UB 3d/Jb loop/reset because of my own exacution problems anytime i try i never do the (ja>ja)>UB why i dont kno im assuming its probably because of the gattling space in j2c. So even if i do preform it after that last j2c ada will do 3D & will do nothing. Does this mean i do not know how to preform it no. So i would have to ask you to please not do that.

^^^you're against a carl online directory? :O ?

Of all people... why you

To clarify things I wasn;t going to make it like this

Crap Carls: X

Decent carls: Y

Excellent carls: Z

I was just going to post the GT/PSN IDs next to their usernames... DOI!!!!!!!!!

plus I have no idea why the thread would be closed if there was an online directory

I am sorry If you thought I was that much of a jerk

the warning was a play on the stalking joke but I guess it was too ambiguous :/