Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Guide to CS2 Carl: Take CS1 Carl, remove all the juggles and replace with lolloop. Lolloop has all elements of CS2 Carl that are worth learning you didn't already know from CS1 like jC spike into 3]D[ and unblockable DP-safe resets.

1. Does anyone have the notation for his mid screen volante combo?

2. After a combo into 236236]D[ and I land a reset mid way through what is the best combo to do with Carl after the wall bounce?

3. When you land 2C, 8]D[ what are the best combos in that situation?

1. Considering you're already doing the super jump into j.B, delaying both of the j.2Cs slightly can help adjust the height so you can land the combo (this is basically necessary when doing it on Makoto)

2. Ideally, anything into the (j.2c>j.B)x# unblockable, but it depends on how much you prorated the combo and positioning. If you reset during the last few hits of it and are positioned correctly you should be able to land 2C>236A>j.9B>1D>[D]>7C. Otherwise the combo you're doing is fine, but never end in allegretto unless you're low on Nirvana meter. j.C>Fuoco>(land) 236B is a better ender, or any other mixup after j.C.

3. You shouldn't really ever use 2C>8D unless you're trying to land the 2C>8D>3D[D]>6C unblockable. It's really tricky though :S But if you do and can't do that then just anything into (j.2c>j.B)x#, or if it's too prorated just j.C into 3D oki.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the answers guys, it turns out I just needed to super jump like you said :) got it all down perfect now.

Marisa that is blatantly untrue.

I agree with you, Marisa, from my point of view Carl is way more fun in CS2 than in Cs1, why? because we have way more better option to loockdown, do reset and crossup.Yeah is true that the loop could be boring, but now we have more combos and are more usables.

For example with a 4]D[ or brio one can do this:

5C, j.B, j2.C, j.B, J.B, j2.C, j.C, Volante, 5C, 5C, j.B, j2.C, j.B, J.B, j.C, 8]D[, Fermata and!! this deal like 5K.

Even in CS2 with any 2]D[ or 6B+2]D[ UB you can deal 5K dmg with 50% meter or more if you have it full. Like the combo clip that i posted doing a combo with j2.C Allecan, 5C Volante, j2.C allecan, 5C, j.C, 4]D[, etc,etc

And what i mean with more options? check this, now we actually have one type of unblockeble that Hakumen can´t counter! even with Yukikase and the nice thing, is that Carl have a lot of option to connect it.... the problem is that doing it is kinda hard... still love that we that option against Haku.

In the end, at least for me i love the oki that Carl have more, that plus the mixup and dmg are waay too good. The problem, is that Carl seem to require a lot more execution than in Cs1.

I have a question please excuse me since I just started Carl 2-3 days ago, j.2C on hit/block makes Carl into a jump-cancel like animation thus making the j.2C,j.5B(xN) right?

How can I make Carl fall on the ground when my j.2C hits or gets blocked?

EDIT:

Can I at least control Carl to fall to the ground or stay in air after j.2C on hit or block?

Well..I haven't had a chance to play Carl since CT, and wow, as he changed. But...not the point. I'm hear to ask...how the hell do I control Nirvana well? Maybe it's just the fact I'm playing the 3DS version, but it seems even harder then before. I can barely do a B>C>(6D hits) now(And I can't even repeat it, due to Nirvana shutting off. >_>;), let alone any advanced combos(air combo into volante seems hype, though. Spacing seems to be a bit tricky, though.).

So...uh..any general control tips? Sorry I'm such a noob.. ^.^;

Edit: Also, how is this a.2C>aB combo supposed to work? the 2C doesn't have anywhere near enough range...is it a corner only thing? I r confused.

So the BnB of:

5B, 6B, 623C, 22D, 6B, sj.B, j.2C, 421D, j.B, dj.B, j.2C, j.C, volante hits, 5C, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, dj.B, j.C

The part I have bolded seems to not work properly on Tao/Noel/Rachel/Tager/Arakune/Mak. The second j.2C always wiffs on those characters unless i landed the initial sj.B really high which is tight as fuck.

So does anyone have any tips with this or is there another BnB I can do after 5B, 6B, 623C, 22D that does good damage with good oki???

Thanks for any help.

Zeru64 the volante combo doesnt need spacing because u teleport Ada mid combo. So it will always work.

An when u say a.jc>aB im assuming ur talking about the j2c>Jb loop. U need to find combos that allow u to hit the j2c first. Then u use Ada to push them closer so it wont drop

Zeru64 the volante combo doesnt need spacing because u teleport Ada mid combo. So it will always work.

An when u say a.jc>aB im assuming ur talking about the j2c>Jb loop. U need to find combos that allow u to hit the j2c first. Then u use Ada to push them closer so it wont drop

I CAN, yes, but I can barely get out a volante 100% of the time currently, let alone warp while doing a bunch of other stuff. >_>;

Right now my Volante combo is this

Nirvana----Carl--Opponent

2B>6B-Cantible(Do Volante during the animation)>5C>jB>jC>(They land on the Volante)>5C>jB>jC.

Hard to time and it only barely does 2.5k(2518 last time I checked). ;_;

So the BnB of:

5B, 6B, 623C, 22D, sj.B, j.2C, 421D, j.B, dj.B, j.2C, j.C, volante hits, 5C, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, dj.B, j.C

The part I have bolded seems to not work properly on Tao/Noel/Rachel/Tager/Arakune/Mak. The second j.2C always wiffs on those characters unless i landed the initial sj.B really high which is tight as fuck.

So does anyone have any tips with this or is there another BnB I can do after 5B, 6B, 623C, 22D that does good damage with good oki???

Thanks for any help.

The combo works for sure on Noel, Rachel, and Tager. Just delay the first j.2C more until you get it. For the other characters, input the volante during the first j.B and omit the second j.2C to make it all connect.

Does anyone know where I could find a breakdown of all Carl's novelist? Seemed to be able to only find CS1 stuff. Is that stuff still legit for Carl or has he changed a lot?

those scrawny bastards are always hell to combo in the air =| are you doing a 5C or 6B before you sj.B?

Oh shit I missed that out. Yeah: 6B as it lets you hit them closer to the ground giving Carl more height above the opponent.

Thanks Isuyaru, I'll give them a go.

Are there any other different BnB combos though after 5B, 6B, 623C, 22D?

-----------

Also, last question:

If I land 5B, 5C, 6D in the C-O-N position what's his best follow up combo? 5B, 6B, 623C into...?

lol if u land that its game over for the enemy, if they standing u jump cancel the 5c>6D into [J2c>jb(x6)]>j2c>Ja(3D)>ja>jb/3D reset. Then 5b>2b>6b>623c>3D>[j2c>jb Loop(x3)]>ja(3D)>ja>jb/3D reset & u keep doing it till Ada bout to die or them ^-^

Nirvana----Carl--Opponent

2B>6B-Cantible(Do Volante during the animation)>5C>jB>jC>(They land on the Volante)>5C>jB>jC.

Hard to time and it only barely does 2.5k(2518 last time I checked). ;_;

Well the issue is ur doing it wrong.

5b>6b>623c(22D)>6b>s.jb>j2c(volante input)>jb>jb>j2c>jc>volante hits>22D>5c>jb>j2c>jc

Well the issue is ur doing it wrong.

5b>6b>623c(22D)>6b>s.jb>j2c(volante input)>jb>jb>j2c>jc>volante hits>22D>5c>jb>j2c>jc

Technically, since I WAS doing it and it was legitly comboing(even if the timing on getting them to land on the volante was annoying), it wasn't 'wrong'. Maybe not as efficient, yes, but not wrong. :P

I'll try that out, though. Superjumping on a 3DS is a pain in the ass, but I can get used to it...I think. xP

Edit: So far, Ragna techs out before the second 6B hits a good 40% of the time. >_>;

Quick question,

May been asked before, but why does 623C > 6B sometimes whiff and what should I time to stop this?

Also, I've been using volante combos for most of my b'n'b unless C-O-N. However, I've heard you can do 623C > 2C > 236B... combos and I was wondering if it benefits over the volante combo? Plus may someone write down a ruff combo off ...623C > 2C > 236B?

Thanks.

Seriusly i need help against Jin... What the fuck i can do against that motherfucker? all of his normal beat mine for free, then he will jump al the time and 6A can´t beat him. Also if i manage to knock down with j.C, he just will jump and escape my presure.

And if that wasnt enought, if the motherfucker lock me.. i cant do shit!

Im very pissed against that matchup! Arg!!!

Symphony the 623c>2c>236a is more useful because it sets up for the j2c>jb loop into the jb/3D reset. However it doesnt do more dmg then the volante combo so if u hav the skill to do the 623c>2c>236a into the loop>reset then do it. If not then stick to the volante combo, it does an extra 1k..

JG carls weakest point is his neutral game =/ so u cant really get around that.

If u see them jumping =/ screw the 6a vivace ur ass outta there & if ada near make her swing & u got him in a block string. If she not close then u can vivace-a>22D & they will block out of fear for ada so u can recover from ur Viv-a into pressure.

As for him jumping out ur pressure after any KD u should always do 22D then 236b just incase they roll then use 6D to force them to block.

An if they jumpin out of pressure do 8D, If u aint in C-O-N spamm ja & 22d then make Ada 6D then u go into vivace-A & u got them in C-O-N

Symphony the 623c>2c>236a is more useful because it sets up for the j2c>jb loop into the jb/3D reset. However it doesnt do more dmg then the volante combo so if u hav the skill to do the 623c>2c>236a into the loop>reset then do it. If not then stick to the volante combo, it does an extra 1k..

JG carls weakest point is his neutral game =/ so u cant really get around that.

If u see them jumping =/ screw the 6a vivace ur ass outta there & if ada near make her swing & u got him in a block string. If she not close then u can vivace-a>22D & they will block out of fear for ada so u can recover from ur Viv-a into pressure.

As for him jumping out ur pressure after any KD u should always do 22D then 236b just incase they roll then use 6D to force them to block.

An if they jumpin out of pressure do 8D, If u aint in C-O-N spamm ja & 22d then make Ada 6D then u go into vivace-A & u got them in C-O-N

Men.... j.A dosnt work very well against jin, air to air he will rape my normals... I hate Carl normals T_T.

Men.... j.A dosnt work very well against jin, air to air he will rape my normals... I hate Carl normals T_T.

U didnt ask that,,, u said how do u keep jin from jumping out of pressure, & yea Ja does work it has a 5f startup jins ja has a 7f startup his jmoves arnt stronger then our Ja