Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

So this is my first post, but I've been lurking DL for the better part of a year now on and off, and I've noticed the Carl subforum isn't as, err...'busy' as the other character forums. Maybe we should have one of those intro PSN/XBL threads too? Drum up some more Carl users?

Really I'm just jealous of that Rachel Boot Camp thing lol

Admittedly, there doesn't seem to be many of us so maybe it wouldn't matter..

On topic:

I personally prefer to play Carl without the loops. It's actually a combination of the fact that I can't do them correctly (my Carl is pretty awful, need to work on fundamentals, spacing, etc) and that I like to be constantly doing different stuff with Carl; doing the same thing over and over isn't that fun. I honestly can't say anything about how the patch will affect Carl's options since I kinda know nothing about the game outside of the story, (Main reason why I play, please don't hurt me :<) I'm gonna hope for the best, I'm pretty sure he'll still be awesome.

PS: You can call me Rish, Rishtopher or Atra. Nice to meet you guys :keke:

We had a directory thread at one point...

Oh so much for my idea then lol

Still, I thought there would be a lot more Carl users on DL. It seems like I run into them often on PSN at least. I wonder how many Relius users there will be..and if that'll drum up interest in Carl.

which will mean there will be half as many as Tao players? lol

Relius just looks like he's easier to control than carl and possibly just as rewarding. Though who knows what they'll change between loctest 1 and his release, since we dont have any info on the boards about his test 2/3 build.

So this is my first post, but I've been lurking DL for the better part of a year now on and off, and I've noticed the Carl subforum isn't as, err...'busy' as the other character forums. Maybe we should have one of those intro PSN/XBL threads too? Drum up some more Carl users?

Really I'm just jealous of that Rachel Boot Camp thing lol

Admittedly, there doesn't seem to be many of us so maybe it wouldn't matter..

On topic:

I personally prefer to play Carl without the loops. It's actually a combination of the fact that I can't do them correctly (my Carl is pretty awful, need to work on fundamentals, spacing, etc) and that I like to be constantly doing different stuff with Carl; doing the same thing over and over isn't that fun. I honestly can't say anything about how the patch will affect Carl's options since I kinda know nothing about the game outside of the story, (Main reason why I play, please don't hurt me :<) I'm gonna hope for the best, I'm pretty sure he'll still be awesome.

PS: You can call me Rish, Rishtopher or Atra. Nice to meet you guys :keke:

In all actuality if you compared our tactical discussion thread length to majority of the cast then no,, we are very active compared to them. Also like u said im pretty sure lil carl will come out just fine. JG just upset cause his favorite combo is gone lol but JG stop thinking in the past we play carl. Our combos are the most creative in the game and that combo i posted probable will get 5k. Not only that but our ada moves take up less meter now.. & we got a instant overhead now.. Lol Nig if u dont get hype ^-^

I'm pretty excited for the changes :P Actually, I don't know much about the loketests. Is it safe to say that the changes in the last loketest are final? Or is it likely that the TGS build will have even more changes and is actually the final balanced version?

Also, I'm subbing Relius when he's available, and I'm only playing him with the Carl palette. It's gonna be sweet :P

Personally, I feel like I might be tempted to switch mains, but that probably won't happen. I've been playing Carl since CT, it would be so weird to let him go lol.

If Carl keeps most of his buffs in CS Extend, I can actually see him being an S-Tier in this one.

Oh, and welcome to the Carl boards, Rishtopher. Always good to see more Carl players (and a Canadian one, at that).

Lol im with you on that one,, instant overheads, better nirvana meter, 5k off easy crossup, same poking/spacing, slight/almost non-exsising nerfs. He sounds S-tier to me

If Carl keeps most of his buffs in CS Extend, I can actually see him being an S-Tier in this one.

Oh, and welcome to the Carl boards, Rishtopher. Always good to see more Carl players (and a Canadian one, at that).

MY NEMESIS! haha hello dude!

Mmm.. we have to know how good will be his buff. I suppuse that we have like 3 more loketes to go.

I can actually see him being an S-Tier in this one.
MU and Platinum got Buffs that make everyone else look Meek. Really, I've no doubt Platinum will be Top tier, And Mu?...Well, I don't think C0R will lose any games I'll just say that haha.

More reason for me to try and learn carl, Though.

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

I suppuse that we have like 3 more loketes to go.

How do you know there are 3 more JG? I've been trying to find out when the next one was for a while and when I couldn't, I assumed the last one was final (admittedly I only checked the loketest changes thread, so I guess I didn't look very hard).

EDIT: Has anyone on PSN played Zabe1313 before? I befriended him a while ago and he's a nice guy. He's trying to teach me some Carl stuff. He's probably the best Carl I've played so far.

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

How do you know there are 3 more JG? I've been trying to find out when the next one was for a while and when I couldn't, I assumed the last one was final (admittedly I only checked the loketest changes thread, so I guess I didn't look very hard).

EDIT: Has anyone on PSN played Zabe1313 before? I befriended him a while ago and he's a nice guy. He's trying to teach me some Carl stuff. He's probably the best Carl I've played so far.

Because for CT to CS1 were 5 Loketest if i recall correctly.

MY NEMESIS! haha hello dude!

Mmm.. we have to know how good will be his buff. I suppuse that we have like 3 more loketes to go.

Hi JG :D

MU and Platinum got Buffs that make everyone else look Meek. Really, I've no doubt Platinum will be Top tier, And Mu?...Well, I don't think C0R will lose any games I'll just say that haha.

More reason for me to try and learn carl, Though.

I'd hardly call having an instant overhead meek especially considering the reward you'd get off it. While Carl still has some weaknesses, I feel that the buffs he's receiving could possibly put him in top tier. That being said, you've raised a good point about Mu. The match-up is already bad enough right now and if Mu ends up buffed in the final product... :gonk:

Then again, joketest is joketest :P

LLAMF Im the one who taught him how to play Carl,, and yea id say he is pretty good however his weaknesses are very obvious and easy to exploit.

Hey all. I am trying my hardest to learn Carl and I have no idea where to begin. I can negative edge but that's really all I can do, is there someone that can help me? .....I want to have Nirvana babies.

LLAMF Im the one who taught him how to play Carl,, and yea id say he is pretty good however his weaknesses are very obvious and easy to exploit.

LOL awesome! He's been trying to help me out since I play a really bad Carl despite him being my main lol. I think the most trouble I'm having is doing my inputs correctly. Like for example, Brio becoming RoM or Volante becoming Fermata. I can only play online, so I've taken to always mashing to avoid lag (huge problem). It's killing my execution. My other big problem is timing for mix up in CON formation and IAD->Allecan~ for mixup frequently turns into IAD> Allegretto >__>

I've been a long time in training mode trying to phase out old habits but to no avail. I've taken to trying to play Carl mains way better than I am but it's hard to learn if you're always getting near perfected =\ Is there any tips you can give me? I guess technically, I'm an intermediate but I think I should really just try and "start over" and go back to the basics.

If what your talking about is tru,, then ur issue is that you rub things out. Its like you said its a habit,, because i play everyone in the game. So mashing inputs is a thing i do all the time. However its different with carl, its impossible to get the correct input by doing what ur doing. Go to training mode and just do j2c-allecan alot untill u learn the feel of how ur suppose to do it. Its all about muscle memory,, get the feel of doing all his moves and you wont have that problem. Cause when they added volante i had that same problem, i would do fermata anytime i had 50heat. So its a feeling u need to memorize in ur head, think less about when you need to do it and think more about how you need to do it. An once u get the feel of it, its stuck in ur head for good ^-^

Thanks man, I'm gonna try it out tonight after class. Yeah, I need to fix my muscle memory lol. I've messed up my inputs so often that my mistakes are embedded in memory now and I can almost never do anything correctly >__> I also need to learn how to deal with rushdown characters, they always put me into panic mode since I'm constantly worrying about Carl's HP lol