Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

In the interest in preserving this thread's integrity, I've made a general discussion thread for those of us who aren't too into the technical side of things. It's for story stuff and generally anything non-technical gameplay-related. You'd probably find it on your own, but given how this is the only real active thread in the subforums, I decided I'd post a link here for those of who you only check your threads through your notifications panel like I do lol.

Also, on topic: I saw some recent Carl footage and 2D looks absolutely fine. Last time I'll bring that up, I promise lol. Also, I've been wondering why I haven't been seeing any RoM resets at all... do they just suck now or something? I still use them all the time, maybe I shouldn't be? :\

Its because the jp value heat for carl as one of his only valuable defensive options,, which it is counter assault is carls only tru defensive option. Even tho it is very crappy. They would rather save the heat to get out of pressure then use it on a reset that you might drop and eat a attack from a mashing enemy.

I'm not sure which thread I should be using to discuss this anymore but I chose this one since I don't want to doublepost in the other lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlYfAwQvcRg&feature=feedu_more

I think I remember people thinking that it would be hard to use 4D combos, but it looks like it works fine. This Carl is really stylish, but I like Ryuusei more :P

No what we had said was that u cannot do the 4D combo from a 2D starter which is our most damaging combo outside of the corner.

Are you sure about that? 4]D[ look kinda the same. Mmmm i hope that somebody try to do, 2]D[, j2.C Allecan. 5C, j.C, 4]D[.

We might not be able to get the j.2C~alle-can, 5C, j.C, 4D right after 2D starter but what if we modified the combo somehow (maybe 2D, j.2C, j.214C, 8D, AD j.2C~alle-can, 5C, j.C, 4D)?

Its not 4D thats the issue, we cannot do a 4D combo from a 2D starter because 2D makes the enemy fly really far away to far for 4D to hit.

Dude.. if you think that is the reason why we can do 4]D[ after 2]D[, i think that you are kinda wrong. Because when you are away from nirvana, you can do this: j2.C allecan, 5C. 9j.C, 4]D[ and that way the combo work. Also doing it like that (9j.C), is better because is more easy to combo after the 4]D[. I can easily assure that, because un BBCS2 i use that combo.

i mean theoretical fighting is nice but i do not think its possible,,, which is why anytime someone does do a 4D combo they use volante during the start to allow ada to get closer... it doesnt matter how u jump with carl the enemy will always be the same distance. Even still i see where ur coming from & iv also seen how far 2D knocks someone... and i dont think its possible without the volante included. Of course if u do do volante during the start ur cutting your damage sooo i guess its understandable.

OK guys, I was playing online for the first time in a couple of weeks and I realized that I have NO IDEA what to do when I have my opponent in the corner.

First of all, what kind of blockstrings/combos should I be using? I always end up doing jB>66>jC>2B>5B>6B>2D>[air combo]>Brio>2C>8D>jC>3D if I have no heat, OR jB>66>jC>2B>5B>6B>2D>[air combo]>Brio>2C>Fermata>Canata if I do.

What's an optimal combo for when I don't have heat and what other blockstrings can I use in the corner to mixup my opponent? I tend to use j2C allecan in the corner even though it doesn't mixup anyone. I think it's force of habit from me trying to learn how to do it correctly =\

online? In the Corner? No heat?

THROW!

Once upon a time there was a boy named carl

he had no heat

*seriously though*

In the corner you are given the ability to do a 2D into a 4D combo, which does a lot of damage. However, you can also do a bazillion resets to gain an absurd amount of heat, but you will lose a lot of Nirvana Meter. My basic block strong is the l.c 3D reset since its sooo easy. I also do the 6D combo (jabs 4 times, 2B,B,6D) and then an insta alle~can, into a 2B,5B, poke,6D. If both strings are blocked, I will throw them down

~The End

online? In the Corner? No heat?

THROW!

Once upon a time there was a boy named carl

he had no heat

*seriously though*

In the corner you are given the ability to do a 2D into a 4D combo, which does a lot of damage. However, you can also do a bazillion resets to gain an absurd amount of heat, but you will lose a lot of Nirvana Meter. My basic block strong is the l.c 3D reset since its sooo easy. I also do the 6D combo (jabs 4 times, 2B,B,6D) and then an insta alle~can, into a 2B,5B, poke,6D. If both strings are blocked, I will throw them down

~The End

Oh man, I throw SO often lol. It's always purple though, which I know isn't a good tactic. Speaking of throws, this is something I don't quite understand: If someone jabs me a bunch and then grabs, I tend to get a throw reject miss. I know that they're jabbing me to cause that, but I don't get why it happens. I don't mash out of throws or anything, so why does this happen?

lol well I meant something other than the 3D loop since I don't like using it, but I like your other suggestions, so thank you :P I'll have to practice that 4D combo since whenever I have heat, volante turns into fermata :(

The throw reject miss is cause because you pressed a button.. that means your mashing. Whether its barrier if you use ABC to barrier, or just plain mash. But you are pressing a button, if you were not the throw reject miss would not appear.

Also just so you kno,, if you are grabbing someone in the corner you do 2D>j2c allecan>5C(4D)>jc>4D>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>brio>j2c>allegreto>8D just so you kno, im not sure if this will all connect, im guessing they will tech somewhere around the jb's but its unlikely

I found a fun little useless toy today.

Anima as a starter leads into a 5.5k 4D combo from 0 meter :D

Good thing for everyone else you'll never actually confirm an Anima as a combo starter. Still, It's there and it makes me smile.

Edit:

With CSEX Carl's enhanced combo rate we can probably get a little more out of it. Probably nearer to 6k. Still useless though :D

I get Anima starters like every other match lol. Granted, I play online, so maybe people are just free to that there.

Also, n00b question, but I'm a huge scrub: What should I be doing to get out of rushdown character's pressure? I mean like Ragna, Jin, Litchi or Rachel, specifically. They're the ones I have the most trouble with. Especially Rachel with those jA overheads.

Maybe a better question is how to avoid getting deep into pressure in the first place. I can't seem to space Ada in a position where I can get my opponent to get close enough to get sandwiched, or that I can punish them for trying to attack her. They can all air dash over Ada if my timing's off.

One more question, I was playing some Lambda's the other night, is there no way to punish her 236C if you barrier? She's always way to far and then I get punished for trying to punish >__>

If I wanted to learn Carl now, Could you guys help?

Basic BNB's

BASIC Tactics / Setups

Strategy

Just a Paragraph would do, I just want to know what to do ect.

Well that depends,, are you going to learn Carl.. or the UB setup.

Wah wah wah

UB setup= reset

reset 2D= 2D---> 4D combo which isn't derpy like the UB setup

You guys REALLLY need to lay off that damn setup... it was just a gift from the creators.

Why not learn both??!??