Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

We had 2 online directory threads. One for CT and one for CS. I think we forgot to make one for CS2. The other 2 threads are in the archives.

good luck you have a LOOOONG ass way to go probably a year to get this character down been playing this damn character since ct and i still feel like im shit with him although (and dont want to sound egotistical) i feel like im somewhat better than most carls here in so cal except for Zong but i was told he was dropping the character :9

I've been playing carl since CT. I put him on hold in CS2 cause I didn't want to loop. I've gotten the hang of CS2 carl so I'm fine ;).

Lol, btw where is Zong? Haha, during NEC Xie was like "you can't just not play BB and win". Lol, that explains his absence. Hopefully with EX most of us who left can return. The carl forums used to be so lively but now its almost dead.

Anyway I need to get to work on dat reset/strat thread. The thing is I hadn't played BB in about 3 months, so I was 3 months behind in videos when I returned in December, and I still have a ton to watch. I'll probably take all the CS1 stuff that is still possible and post that first, and after I finish watching all the vids I'll put the rest up.

Sinder, I ran into you yesterday. I was the guy using plat. GG.

I've been playing carl since CT. I put him on hold in CS2 cause I didn't want to loop. I've gotten the hang of CS2 carl so I'm fine ;).

Lol, btw where is Zong? Haha, during NEC Xie was like "you can't just not play BB and win". Lol, that explains his absence. Hopefully with EX most of us who left can return. The carl forums used to be so lively but now its almost dead.

Anyway I need to get to work on dat reset/strat thread. The thing is I hadn't played BB in about 3 months, so I was 3 months behind in videos when I returned in December, and I still have a ton to watch. I'll probably take all the CS1 stuff that is still possible and post that first, and after I finish watching all the vids I'll put the rest up.

Sinder, I ran into you yesterday. I was the guy using plat. GG.

I do not mean to be rude, however that will not be necessary. You are free to put up what you like but criticizing someone else's skill is inappropriate an it will probably result in the thread being closed down by our moderator. Out of all the people in this thread there are a few who are more skilled then others everyone can still feel free to ask anyone anything. If you do intend of continuing that will do nothing but undermine the opinion & knowledge. Just because someone lacks the skill to preform something that does not mean they lack the knowledge.

Me for example, if i were to attempt the UB 3d/Jb loop/reset because of my own exacution problems anytime i try i never do the (ja>ja)>UB why i dont kno im assuming its probably because of the gattling space in j2c. So even if i do preform it after that last j2c ada will do 3D & will do nothing. Does this mean i do not know how to preform it no. So i would have to ask you to please not do that.

Yeah who knows he was part of the SCR tourny and that was the last we heard of him and haha what moderator we have none (and thank goodness) kyle dont give no fucks unlike the other faggy moderators here

WHOA!

Zong is NEVER on BB and i was told he left carl for good

I haven't talked to him to confirm though

matter of fact i haven't played anybody in the Cals because my new connection isn't strong enough

edit: *sigh* I've been bored with fighters recently so I think Im going to play the SMT series since SOO many people praise it. I played strange journey and I thought it was just a diatribe to the players on how bad humanity is. Any suggestions on other games?

*I know this has nothing to do with Carl but the CS2 thread is going into the archives soon anyway*

WHOA!

matter of fact i haven't played anybody in the Cals because my new connection isn't strong enough

edit: *sigh* I've been bored with fighters recently so I think Im going to play the SMT series since SOO many people praise it. I played strange journey and I thought it was just a diatribe to the players on how bad humanity is. Any suggestions on other games?

*I know this has nothing to do with Carl but the CS2 thread is going into the archives soon anyway*

Do you mean RPGs? I liked Persona 3 and 4, if you wanna stick to a SMT vibe? I don't know what consoles you want recommendations for lol. Also, if you really think you need to stay on topic, you can use the Carl General Discussion, it's pretty much an anything-goes thread.

WHOA!

Do you mean RPGs? I liked Persona 3 and 4, if you wanna stick to a SMT vibe? I don't know what consoles you want recommendations for lol. Also, if you really think you need to stay on topic, you can use the Carl General Discussion, it's pretty much an anything-goes thread.

Its funny because in all honesty blazblue will soon die here in the us thanks to the community (figure that one out)

Extend would be a stretch, by the looks of it its going to piss a lot of players off that arent using top tier hell the game should be called Valkenhayn Shift: Ragna taokaka extend instead from what it shaped out to be. It had a good run

Just going to be playing it for Relius and try out the new carl and yeah lets head on over to the general discussion

Tao is great, however she is not top tier imo. Valk is top tier, but he always was because of his crazy damage output and the fact that he was a butler made him get a high level of respect.

I don't care about ragna anymore, he isn't as impressive as he was to me when I first started playing blazblue and he doesn't seem different in EX

I think all the "fighting game fans" (aka casuals) are not leaving the blazblue scene in America as quick as you may think, but to be honest they(blazblue developers) aren't really trying that hard to get a new audience or keep them there (only 1 new character... lmao) so I can see why nobody wants to play this anymore. Even i'm thinking about leaving the blazblue scene, there just isn't anything left in this game anymore, tourneys are boring as hell, and I CS extend didn't really extend much.

Put in another person's words,

it's an extension of an extension that was already an extension...

However I do have to stay on XBL since I am one of the 20 carls that still exist

Anyway to get back on track with carl, the tao- carl matchup isn't as ridiculous as it was in CS2 (get hit with the loop once... bye Carl) I'm more interested in the Noel and litchi matchups though, since they can't get free rounds anymore and Ada can chase Litchi while I spam Brio, and not worry about losing her

On another not what else can be said here? Most of Carl's CS2 strategies(loop) have been discussed so much, nobody is asking questions about Carl... what's going on?

I made a crazy combo earlier today and it was with 2 volantes and 1 8Ds and 2 brio, it looked beautiful. It also did some decent damage (4000) but I was so amazed with myself that I didn't even remember the notation for it D:

right now i'm just making up some wasteful combos lol

ok i'm done.......

i'll see you guys in extend :toot:

Its funny because in all honesty blazblue will soon die here in the us thanks to the community (figure that one out)

Extend would be a stretch, by the looks of it its going to piss a lot of players off that arent using top tier hell the game should be called Valkenhayn Shift: Ragna taokaka extend instead from what it shaped out to be. It had a good run

Just going to be playing it for Relius and try out the new carl and yeah lets head on over to the general discussion

Valk, Hazama, & Litchi will never be bad in any blazblue. An im not sure what you are getting at but they are not the best 3 out there.. valk maybe S tier but i got Mu-12 being number one. An on another note every character is this version is actually playable. Not a single character in this version of the game is shitty. lol even big daddy tager is an actual character today. In all honesty i think this version will be the most balanced of them all.. however this imo so fell free to disagree, and id like to know why if you dont mind.

makoto and tsubaki are pretty bad imo...

i think makoto is honestly the worst character in terms of balance since CS1...even worst than CS1 Rachel.

We're not gonna consider CT as a real BB lol.

Makoto needed a beating. Maybe she got a little too much but she needed something.

I havent seen much Tsubaki, though honestly i thought she was fine in CS2. strong but not broken. Watching her combo was always ... interesting too. she just has wonky-ass combos.

Valk, Hazama, & Litchi will never be bad in any blazblue. An im not sure what you are getting at but they are not the best 3 out there.. valk maybe S tier but i got Mu-12 being number one. An on another note every character is this version is actually playable. Not a single character in this version of the game is shitty. lol even big daddy tager is an actual character today. In all honesty i think this version will be the most balanced of them all.. however this imo so fell free to disagree, and id like to know why if you dont mind.

Im not saying that Extend is an unbalanced piece of shit like the capcom games are but the most obvious problem we have is fucking valk hes the only thing sticking out like a sore thumb this is the only character i see being migrated to and used in Japan and obviously over here.

the game is balanced in a sense that you can win with a low tier character but it wont be easy for example tsubaki vs valk is possible but difficult. but nonetheless its a lot better than the two capcom games where you can NOT win with low tier whether youre more experienced or not than the guy "tier whoring" i.e Dan vs evil ryu

Makoto needed a beating. Maybe she got a little too much but she needed something.

I havent seen much Tsubaki, though honestly i thought she was fine in CS2. strong but not broken. Watching her combo was always ... interesting too. she just has wonky-ass combos.

Makoto is playing the way she was meant to be played, tsubaki is good also but like rachel the stun in some moves have limited their combo options

makoto and tsubaki are pretty bad imo...

i think makoto is honestly the worst character in terms of balance since CS1...even worst than CS1 Rachel.

We're not gonna consider CT as a real BB lol.

Unfortunately i would have to disagree with you on that obviously you havnt seen what i have seen,, here take a look

Makoto combo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJnwcrEXoY

Tsubaki combo video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKrMPPXJLmg

..... rachel couldnt combo people if they were in crouching position..... that in its self would make for a horrible character. No character in the history of BB will ever be that handicap