Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

Remember, CS2 IBs are half as good and Vivace A has no invuln, escaping Makoto's pressure isn't as easy as CS1

Ohhh shoot i forgot... so i take it IB backdash isnt the safest option. -_- Great now makoto is going on the list of pains in the ass with Ragna & Haku-men

Ragna not so much. Remember is his mixup is not that strong. You good zoning and blocking easily makes the matchup even if not in Carl's favor. But no lie if Ragna pressures you you will probably be blocking for a while.

Hakumen, however, man I hate that guy.

Ohhh shoot i forgot... so i take it IB backdash isnt the safest option. -_- Great now makoto is going on the list of pains in the ass with Ragna & Haku-men

Makoto getting the slightest hit on you is very likely to end up with you in the corner and even her blockstrings are likely to carry you close, making the backdash an even less likely escape.

This is part of why I'm so down on CS2 Carl, his defense is miserable. Makes it seem like rushdown characters will have an easy time with him. (Of course the biggest reason I'm down on CS2 Carl is because my favorite part of playing Carl is using Nirvana, you know, the part that makes him unique and fun.)

Makotto is particularly bad tho, her mid screen combos carry you to the corner for 3+k and what can you do about comet cannon on wake up really?

I was so hype about CS2. But I'm still sad about them taking away everything interesting they gave him in the loketest. Trying to say, "Maybe it's not so bad," I start watching videos. But playing him just looks... So dull. What happened to you, Carl? You used to be so cool ;_;

The "Carl is so not unique/not cool" bandwagon is getting pretty full and is so "uncool". Honestly, if you think he looks dull, you might wanna find a new game. Carl is still the most interesting character by far. The rest of the cast is pretty much herp derp save Rachel.

I was so hype about CS2. But I'm still sad about them taking away everything interesting they gave him in the loketest. Trying to say, "Maybe it's not so bad," I start watching videos. But playing him just looks... So dull. What happened to you, Carl? You used to be so cool ;_;

Unfortunately videos are leaving me pretty unhype too, I want to like him but I just don't see the fun. Like I said before though, my personal issue is that my favorite part of Carl is Nirvana, and the limitations on her just make me sad.

The "Carl is so not unique/not cool" bandwagon is getting pretty full and is so "uncool". Honestly, if you think he looks dull, you might wanna find a new game. Carl is still the most interesting character by far. The rest of the cast is pretty much herp derp save Rachel.

The fact that Carl is the most interesting character in CS2 is not lost on me, and really only serves to make me less hype about CS2 in general. I probably will be maining Rachel, though I will be giving Carl a fair chance. Platinum's Swallow Moon shennanigans look fun, so I'm very likely subbing her.

I no longer think Carl will be bad, just not the character I fell in love with anymore.

Um . . . so with sparse use of A.D.A. I take it that BBCS2 Carl Clover is ps3 d-pad friendly now?

I do hear its a must to use an arcade stick for Carl but anyways I'd like to know if Vivace B has IF and faster recovery than BBCS1?

So this means Vivace-A got a inv nerf, & Vivace-B got a buff....... that i can work with, at least he has a legit way of getting out of pressure now. No more IB Vivace & get hit on the opposite side for a 3k combo

O.O soo why do i get hit by it.. Its like i do Vivace & there first few swings miss. But once im on the opposite side before Vivace can finish, i get hit out

I thought Vivace B only had head invincibility in CS1, and even then you'd still get hit during recovery. In the vid it looks like Carl goes through 5A spam and recovers fast enough to jump away before getting hit.

To be honest, he may not have another fatal. They may have forgotten about that. Does everyone have 2 fatals? I don't think everyone does.

Yea everone has a seocond fatal exept ragna Tao & tager

Bang- Thunder cracker fist & his slide kick

Hakman- full charged 6c & firefly

Litchi- Overhead & 5c without the staff

Jin- Yukikaze & 2C

Hazama- Hotenji & serpents benitection C

A-11- DD & Cresent saber

Arakune- J.C & 5c

Noel- J.4D & 4D

U-12 6C & 63214C

Racheal- J.2c Lvl 3 & 5C

Valk 6c & 6B

Makoto- All lvl 3 attacks & 2C

I can only hope that this means 2C is actually useful now in some way. I don't use it at all except for the occasional combo filler.

Arakune- J.C & 5c

Isn't Arakune's 2C or 3C fatal too?

I can only hope that this means 2C is actually useful now in some way. I don't use it at all except for the occasional combo filler.

It's not.

You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever used 2C in a match. Maybe I should try it and to see what happens. If anything, just to mess with people. Hmm..... :3

Actually, I'm pretty sure viv b did get an inv. buff. I've known about the head and body inv., but usually it wears out by the time i'm on the other side of tager. Still, this doesn't excite me too much. Lows will stuff that attempt clean for easy damage on Carl.

Also, what was going on in Arc System's minds when they gave Carl a fatal counter on his 2C? ~_~

wasn't 2C always a fatal? you'll just never see it actually work.

maybe 214214D is a fatal or something now, they seem to like useless fatals on carl?

wasn't 2C always a fatal? you'll just never see it actually work.

maybe 214214D is a fatal or something now, they seem to like useless fatals on carl?

Yeah, 2C is a fatal in CS.

I've gotten 2C FC hits on accident. thats about it. when i dash instead of IAD. then 2C. and they go Hey he dashed forward i--OOMPH

and then i don't monopolize on it because i'm too flabbergasted.