Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CS2] Carl Clover Tactical Discussion/Questions/Help

When it comes to Nirvana using moves, it's really not different, but when people hit her, it literally does about double the damage to her than it did in CS1.

Flashiest thing ever. too bad she could tech the cantata.

I gotta say i am really not digging the blast-back thing on Brio though. Makes it stupidly hard to monopolize off of it at mid-screen.

Hell yes, I had seen people attempt this but fail to pull it off. That shit is awesome! That took them from damn near 3/4's of the screen to the corner, which will be useful seeing how corner seems the place to be in CS2. Is Fermatta still air unblockable? If you had 100 meter I wonder if you could summon Nirvana at the 5C right after the Volante hit and then do the same air combo but walk Nirvana at the same time to get her closer to the corner. Then use cantata to lock them in the air just like in the vid then Fermatta for the unblockable. A stretch I know, but would be awesome!

I'm sure the opponent would land on the ground before Fermatta came out. Carl can only do a super when his sprite can actually go into that respective super's animation. In other words Carl won't be able to do fermatta until near the very end of Cantata.

But interms of getting the Cantata to actually combo, maybe 6A or 2C? They may have more hitstun than 5C. I've seen both of those work especially since Cantata's startup is dramatically faster. There was a video where Carl did 2C- Cantata and the it hit the opponent while they were still going upward from the 2C.

I was so hype about CS2. But I'm still sad about them taking away everything interesting they gave him in the loketest. Trying to say, "Maybe it's not so bad," I start watching videos. But playing him just looks... So dull. What happened to you, Carl? You used to be so cool ;_;

This is my main gripe with CS2 carl. I love doing combos with multiple nirvana moves. My best being the 4d/volante off 2d/3c starter, and his CS2 combos are boring. Lol, CS2 combos, more like the same solo combo over and over again. No more 2d/volante/4d combos. Sigh. I seriously can't tell the difference from carl #1 and carl #10. They're all playing the exact same way, and a boring style at that imo.

I love looking for new strats and resets everytime I watch vids, lol that's the main reason I started that thread, but the only 2 resets you ever see them do in CS2 is [j.2C j.B]xn into 2D unblock or IAD j.2C allecan. ZZZZzzzzzZZZ

This is like CT all over again. One trick pony syndrome. I love how you couldn't tell someone how to play CS1 carl. You just had to adapt your own style and find a way to win.

CT - throw loop

CS2 - starter - cantabile - solo combo - j.C kd - 3D - [j.2C j.B] - 2D unblock/iad j.2C allecan

CS1 - ummm, uhhhh

There wasn't a universal strat that worked in CS1. His combo variations were vast, and reset potential insane. You just had to know a lot of stuff and use them during a match. This was where a lot of the individual creativity came in. Something that CS2 carl is severly lacking. I'm desperately trying to get hype but once you've seen 1 carl, you seen them all. His combo nerf hit me the hardest. So you're telling me that all we're ever going to do for CS2 is that same solo combo over and over again? Really?

I hate the fact that we play carl, and use nirvana every now and then. That's the reason why he looks so boring to me.

Well no. Even if Nirvana is in 3D range you're not always gonna be able to do the j.B-j.2C loop because Carl will be facing the wrong way sometimes. Incoming all of the other mixups that Carl is known for. Besides the unblockable setup is only exploitable on characters without a non mashable DP. I see a difference in the Carl players when I watch videos. I'm seeing different strats, and mixups and combos. For instance:

Even if Nirvana is no where near Carl and he lands a Cantible, he can teleport her, and then carry the opponent 3/4ths of the screen to the corner as seen in the video I posted

or

If you want to stay mid screen, thanks to 22D and 4D you can still do a strong combo and have the opponent stuck between the 2 of you for more fun.

I have ideas of how we can incorporate atleast 3 of Nirvana's moves in a combo.

I'm behind on this CS2 shit guys...

but I play CS1 like mad. =D

Anyone talked about JB+C, 3]D[ yet?

Unless Nirvana was nearby when you got the throw, it'd be impossible.

Was proration changed for either throws or 3D in cs2?

If not, that could be some big damage potential.

This would only be a good thing if Carl could go into some really strong combos with 3D so early in a combo. Otherwise there would be no point to this considering how Carl could go into a full fledged combo before ending it in 3D instead of just going straight into a 3D.

Soujiro idk why u think carl is so limited. He can still do his combos from CS1 u just gotta improvise for the lack of 3c. combos like

5B>5c>cantabile>3c (Air trip)>2D>j.2c allecan>5c>4D>5c>j.b>J.2c>allegreto>8D the combo just needs u to improvise......... He didnt get a combo nerf, just reworked. So wat are u saying.

If 2D is still untechable till the land. If 4D still causes a wall bounce away from the corner, if volante cant be tech till they touch the ground, & if 8D is still untechable till they touch the ground. Why do u think he lost his combos. Its just now if u do get a combo & ada Hp is low they give u the option to improvise and go solo carl for about 1k less dmg.

I truly think carl got buffed in this game compared to CS1

Hahaha...no. He definitely got hit with the nerf bat.

Carl in CS1 is a paraplegic without his nee-san. True, solo carl has about 3 more options now, but with Nirvana being so low on health all the time, nee-san loses one of her main uses (aka human shield), carl is instantly worse at defense. Then, Viv A got nerfed for no inv. Our defensive game has turned into essentially 6A and viv B praying they don't go low. Our offense is worse because if we choose to make her take the blunt of everything like normal, we lose block strings (combo damage is fine, even though it is boring). We literally will be forced to either offensive or defensive game plans solely to make match ups tolerable, which ruins carl's flexibility. I will stay play carl, but almost all of his improv. has left him, which can make him stale.

You should really note that because of damage proration changes his old combos do substantially less damage. Because of this they are far less worth while in meter cost and execution difficulty to perform. He has new toys but there are certain old (and very powerful) tricks he simply isn't going to be using anymore. That combo you've hashed out there probably won't do substantially more damage, will take more meter and doesn't give the strong (all be it bread and butter) oki of a KD into 3D, so doing stuff like that, while perfectly feasibleness, may not be worth while. I've you've ever fought against Soujiro and seen how he plays, new carl essentially craps all over his play style. its why he's unenthusiastic, and to an extent he's not wrong. His play style has changed significantly, and the optimal way to play him seems notably more clear-cut.

I thought someone said throw combo did like 2.5k damage from way back.

Way back there was something about Throw -> Fermatta doing allot less damage that's what i remember.

?.? Ada should never be used as a shield against physical attacks. An the last time i checked everyone is complaining about creativity sooo now im confused.

Carls high dmg comes from the corner anyway & last time i checked Carl only had 2 combos in CS1, 4D combos, Volante combos ?.? that summed up all his combos..... >.> he is more creative now than in Cs1.

Not only that it was gay that carl could hide all day let ada get F'd up & still do 5K off 5B thats a lil over powered. Its because everyone else got reworked he had to accommodate for wat happed to everyone else. & Fyi viv-B got buffed the inv frams last longer & we do kno if it has low inv or not. Besides counter assault is the way to go.

Also this isnt CS1 idk if u noticed but no one can combo after their lows in CS2 (as in mid block string low attacks ) except tager, Noel, Tsubaki, Makoto, & arakune >.> all their lows ether suck or are to slow. So the risk lvl of doing viv-b is low :]

All charachters have a 2B/C -> 5B/C gatling they can combo off their lows. It was sweeps that got nerfed. not all Lows = Sweeps.

Lol if u looked it says "mid combo lows" aka sweeps. Most low pokes take to long like 2B's, every characters are pretty crapy except ragna & makoto

I'm just saying if u IB and b-vivace in a pressure string at the wrong point u can totaly eat s low and it can link into a combo in the worst case, or at least a KD.