Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enviousmodel

KY/TN/OH AND IN- Trying to start a tournament.......

Louisville, KY/Cininatti, OH/ Nashville, TN/ Indianapolis, IN and surrounding areas- The intention of this thread is to find gamers in these areas (Though everyone is welcome to join). I am trying to get a tournment started and before I can do that I must get ideas and opinions about it. I would like to get this information out and spread the word. If this does happen, the hosting place will be Louisville, KY. So please spread the word, you can post on my page or World Rumble Tournaments on Facebook.

what games? how big/accommodating is the venue?

(why wouldn't you just go to AL in cinci?)

Haven't heard of AL. The venue can hold about 60 people. Blazblue, Street fighter and L4D mainly. I'm trying to start this mainly because of the location Im in. Its in the center of all major cities such as Lexington, Indianapolis, Nashville and Cininatti. That's the reason why I trying to start it up.

arcade legacy in cincinnati. it's the only arcade around the ky/oh/in area and it needs every fighting gamers' support. it also is in a fairly central location between the states. you're only about an hour or so away. plus, it's a bigger venue and more games are played.

http://arcadelegacy.wordpress.com/

check it out sometime.

Cool man, would love to support this, usually do you know how much the venue is rented out 4? Reason asking I can get my meeting space free plus if I need something that can hold more than needed it will be all around cheaper. Plus, since this is something Im trying to start I want to see how well it goes being that this is in cincinatti, I dont mind entering in a competition but starting one should be in the place that you live. I have more contacts here.

Just so you know you don't have to rent or anything. It's just a venue fee to get in since the arcade machines are all free play etc. We play on consoles etc. You don't have to organize anything there since... we already do everything. BUT you definitely should come by and if you know anyone else interested in coming in to play games, bring em!

We have fight nights every thursday. It's only $5 per person to get in and AL is open till 1 AM. There are also ranbats (ranking battle) seasons with usually one ranbat per month in games like SSF4, BBCS, Tekken6, or whatever else people want to play (AH3?). Jesse (the owner) also does occasional events on Saturdays. If you have any questions at all, just call the number on the page and Jesse will probably be able to help you out.

Also PowerUp2011 is going to be a large tournament at Arcade Legacy. So look that up too.

If you're looking to start something more locally to you, then post in the Kentucky thread and see who's interested. You might also want to check SRK match finder too.

There is a small BB, GG, and SSFIV scene in Shepherdsville, Kentucky (10 minutes outside of Louisville) rising up again. We are about 8 strong now, so we would definitely help back this. If possible though, we should definitely try and support AL. The owner is legit, and it's a sweet place. There aren't many arcades left, so we need to support the ones we have.

We are currently trying to find a venue to run ranbats ourselves. Would the venue you're reserving be a one time thing? Or would it be possible to use it bi-weekly, or possibly weekly for hosting games?

There is a small BB, GG, and SSFIV scene in Shepherdsville, Kentucky (10 minutes outside of Louisville) rising up again. We are about 8 strong now, so we would definitely help back this. If possible though, we should definitely try and support AL. The owner is legit, and it's a sweet place. There aren't many arcades left, so we need to support the ones we have.

We are currently trying to find a venue to run ranbats ourselves. Would the venue you're reserving be a one time thing? Or would it be possible to use it bi-weekly, or possibly weekly for hosting games?

the venue is at my working place. I am a hotel manager and I have meeting space. As of right now it can be bi-weekly, if we dont have any reservations for it. I have two meeting spots, one hold about 25 to 35 people comfortably and the other is 60 people. I dont mind going to AL when I can but locally, I would like to start something.

We are trying to start a ranbat and possibly turning it into a tourny. It will start Jan 22, Sat at the Courtyard NE Louisville: 10200 Champion Farms Dr. Louisville, KY. Everyone is welcome to come, I would love to have a count so I can know how much food to order. Inbox me for any questions. So far we got 8 confirmed looking for more people. Games: BBCS, Soul Calibur and Super Streetfighter

Remember APRIL 16TH, World Rumble Tournament is happening. 10101 Forest Green Blvd. Louisville, KY at the Springhill Suites. Email if you haven't got the info I will forward it to you.