Sign in to follow this  
Lord Knight

Lord Knight's question thread

Hi, I'm Lord Knight, I play Blazblue and Melty Blood.

Ask me anything.

EDIT:

Ask me real questions, try not to troll. If you're gonna troll, at least make it subtle so I can laugh. I won't respond to bad troll posts.

Edited by Lord Knight

Why is NJ so great at anime?

Seriously, why can you combo gold bursts in CS2? Has Arcsys lost their minds?

Litchi still an okay matchup vs arakune or terrible in CS2?

1. http://www.meltybread.com/forums/sacchin-toast/$nj$-the-legend-of-the-king$-histories-of-heroes-villians-and-fools/

2. Dunno. I don't think it's too bad an idea though since you only get 2 bursts max.

3. It'll be tough until she gets good midscreen damage, for sure. Litchi hitconfirm midscreen is pitiful compared to CS1, and Arakune has shit like F of G and his normal dumbness. His slower jump will make it a bit more manageable/less annoying.

What is your opinion on Makoto's tier placement? is she really a candidate for S/S+ tier or she'll go down the list just like Ragna did back in CS1?

Why are you so cute?

What is your opinion on Makoto's tier placement? is she really a candidate for S/S+ tier or she'll go down the list just like Ragna did back in CS1?

Makoto's damage is too high and she can carry to corner easily. I think she'll be near the top the entire time. The only character that I think will go down from that group is Noel (maybe). Gotta wait until I play the game though :/

Why are you so cute?

Luckboxing with genes, obv. Take Bio 101.

What's your favorite color?

Ask me real questions, try not to troll. If you're gonna troll, at least make it subtle so I can laugh. I won't respond to bad troll posts.

:psyduck:

Can you give me some tricks to blocking Litchi's mix up along with the command over head and low?

There's no real "trick" to it. What's important is that you need to know what normals gatling into what. 6A only follows after 5A, 2A, and 5B. This is the scary one that does above 4000 if it hits. 5A you don't have to worry about unless you're Tager or Hakumen really, but 2A and 5B, you should pay attention and focus and know that it can come up.

4D on the other hand can be followed after a lot of moves, but most players like using it after 2C or 5C(1). It's the same speed as 6A (22F). Of course, she can do 2C > 3C as well. If you block 4D, do 5A right away.

Litchi has 3 lows both with the staff and without - 2B, 3C, and ItsuuC (or Straight Through C, whatever you call it). 2B is relatively harmless (unless you're Hakumen). 3C is the most dangerous since it has 100% P1 (this means she can do 5000 off it if the player grinded combos) and is also "safe". ItsuuC is safe against some characters at a distance and leads to good damage as well, but it's the end of pressure. 5B leads to both 6A and 3C, this is the basic mixup. 2A and 5A can go to 2B, not 5B, making your life easier. Most players will only throw out ItsuuC after a blocked 3C.

The problem with dealing with 3C on defense is that Itsuu can be canceled without throwing out a move, so you have to make a decision (based on your opponents patterns) whether to attempt to move or not. Not moving might result in you getting a free punish, but if she cancels the stance, she can do whatever.

Staffless she loses ItsuuC and gains Haku (low slide, 11f startup), but you don't really have to worry about this unless she's doing Daisharin mixup.

Summary: 5B > 6A or 3C, 2A > 6A, 2B (rare), 3C (rare). 3C > ItsuuC. 2C > 4D (really common), 5C(1) > 4D, 2C > 3C. 4D can follow after almost any move, but it's mostly unsafe besides after 2C or 5C(1).

Edited by Lord Knight

Seriously, why can you combo gold bursts in CS2? Has Arcsys lost their minds?

im gonna answer this because its actually a good thing.

comboable bursts mean you have more offensive options (despite them being rather homogeneous). what this means is you can sacrifice your "defense" for more offense. if it fails or succeeds you either do more damage, or there are now less defensive fallbacks (the universal systems that homogenize the characters mean that it's much easier to balance hella bs) in the game. this means rounds go faster and we see a more offensive/faster game. this is most of the reasoning behind most of the change from cs1 -> cs2 (less braindead stuff, game becomes faster, offense is more powerful, no catch all answers to defense).

no, i'm serious, what is the point of this thread? why would people want to ask you questions?

lk is better at the game than 99% of americans and will most likely truthfully answer peoples questions and not give them total misinformation.

you know, the thing dustloop should be doing in the first place.

no, i'm serious, what is the point of this thread? why would people want to ask you questions?

Hi, I'm Lord Knight, I play Blazblue and Melty Blood.

:psyduck:

How does Litchi approach the Litchi-Lambda match-up?

Opening move is important because Lambda is a zoning character, main options are:

1. Wait

2. Dash 6D

3. Glide Throw

4. Backstep

Neutral Game- Fullscreen Litchi can only get hit by 4D, full charge spikes, or super. Here is the safest place to set staff (with 2D). This beats spikes and 4D. She'll try to wait for you to do something and then kill your projectile with 2D while running after it. Midscreen is a bit more difficult, the easiest way for her to get in is wait for you to whiff a D button or start up spikes and do 2DD. Jumping isn't that good, but not really needed. At midscreen range, making her block 5DD and doing anything but 236B is asking to eat Ryuuisou. Similarly, doing something like spikes after 4DD midscreen is also asking to eat Ryuuisou.

When Lambda does fullscreen super, I like trying to do IB jump or IB backstep to purposefully get hit right when she tries to do her mixup. The damage I'll take is low, Lambda doesn't get her mixup, and I'll be fullscreen. This is kinda hard to do on will, but it's worth it if I have a good amount of health. I'm getting better at it!

Lambda's pressure isn't that threatening, the main damage she gets is from zoning, so again, staying to the ground is best.

Litchi's pressure, she'll try to bait dp and counter assault with 5D/jump cancellable normal. This is key because even with 2DD, Lambda does do well in neutral.

How balanced would you say CS1 honestly is? Is it stupid, good except for some unfortunate outliers, etc.?

How skewed do you think the general perception of BB play is (in regard to what's good and what's bad)?

how does litchi pressure work :(

I can only say what I do personally.

If I'm playing a bad or mediocre player, Litchi pressure = 6A, move is broken.

Against good players. . .this varies by matchup, but I can give a basic explanation Litchi pressure (like most characters) is getting them scared of something, and then following it up with different stuff. Litchi's pressure is so good because she's able to do this off practically any normal. This even lets her get away with things like 3C[m] (let it recover) and stuff.

Basically there are 2 types, staff and staffless pressure. Some Litchi's will just use staff pressure. Again this involves just knowing her gatlings. Litchi's 2A and 5B are jump cancellable on block, that's it. 4D is cancellable off almost everything (like I said above) but most Litchi's just use it after 2C or 5C(1), both of those can go into 3C. The problem with these strings is the Itsuucan - she can create a 50/50 situation of pressure reset or a poke punishing you for moving from a safe distance. Some characters are great at punishing this though, like Ragna or Tager (sledge). Others can't do anything about it at max range, like Carl or Hazama.

On top of that, she has 6D. 6D is +2 on block (I believe). Obviously, you could just IB the second hit, but use of 6D(1) > Itsuucan makes this a problem. Again this isn't that good against some characters cause they have big fast moves with range (like Ragna). Against other characters this is seriously hard to deal with (like Hakumen).

Staffless pressure is a bit more complex, so some players don't deal with it (don't need to this version). She has more freedom with her gatlings, and 5D/2D for launch (generally I use 2D since that works from every normal). Their total duration is 48F/30F (respectively) but are cancellable from the 12th/13th frame (respectively). This opens up strong pressure options, such as 2C > 5D > BE 2C (using advance input to get the 2nd 2C out on the first possible frame (copied this from the wiki that I wrote :psyduck:). Of course this means extending pressure in a way that she'll get the staff back and can resume pressure. Pretty scary!

Did you main litchi for her game play or her assets?

Picked her for looks, kept playing because of how she played. She was really fun, even in CT, and that game sucked ass lol

is it possible to to do a double carnage scissors as a real combo? like i just random super it lands and i do another one would i tried in training mode but it doesnt work maybe i got the timing wrong.

1.Any training tips beyond just grinding out combo practice (particularly for improving IB)?

2. (sort of an extension of 1.) How to improve with a lack of local comp? to be more specific, Augusta consist of me and 1 other guy, nearest comp in ATL is a 4+hr round trip drive (can go sometimes, but not often), and online is.....well its online:psyduck:

3.Opinions on Litchi v Brokenhayne (other than the stuff in the litchi thread, valk boards are kinda dead).

1) I'd suggest you go through different characters' movesets and familiarize yourself with them. Learn what gatlings into what, what's punishable, any properties a move may have, etc.

2) Honestly... this is rough. Try showing off the game at local gatherings/tournaments to get ppl interested, or reach out on match finder (make a thread if there isn't one). Failing all that, you'll probably have to stick with netplay :/ (But even netplay is useful if you can find/stick to the good players)

Hi Lord Knight, my name is Andrew, and I have a question.

Are you going to play HnK with us, or is Stickbug and myself going to be the only hope for the post-apocalyptic, dystopian New Jersey?

How the fuck do I block Litchi's crossup bullshit?

Uh, obviously block the other way be more specific please.

How balanced would you say CS1 honestly is? Is it stupid, good except for some unfortunate outliers, etc.?

How skewed do you think the general perception of BB play is (in regard to what's good and what's bad)?

Honestly, I don't care too much about balance, I just want the game to be fun. If the game is fun and balanced, great. If it's fun and unbalanced, great. If it's balanced and boring, zzz. Personally, if I can find a character to play, I'll even play bad games and just try to deal with bullshit and do my best to win (CT).

As far as CS1 is concerned, the balance is all right. The problem this time isn't the upper characters but the lower characters - the bottom 4 (Noel, Rachel, Tsubaki, Tager) even with their developments just can't win consistently enough. Anyone besides these four can win.

As far as what's good and what's bad. . . I'm not even sure people really know what's good. This is kind of a bad answer, but the good players know what's good, and the mediocre players don't really, they just do whatever (at least, that's what it looks like to me). There's obvious dumb stuff people say (BANG 5A > 5K) but some stuff really surprises me. It's almost January 2011, and there are still Hazama players mindlessly doing 3C > 214da/214dc. Too much focus on combos and not enough on strategy.

What would the Tier placement look like in BBCS once the new changes are implemented?

I gotta play to find that out! There's already some sort of idea though, the jp bbs thread had something like:

Top: Arakune, Makoto, Jin, Noel, Rachel

Mid: The Rest

I think Litchi and Carl can move up, Noel might move down. Tsubaki looks way better, and Arakune is always gay.

is it possible to to do a double carnage scissors as a real combo? like i just random super it lands and i do another one would i tried in training mode but it doesnt work maybe i got the timing wrong.

Tager only, midscreen only.