Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flytai45

Instant Blocking

Why is it desirable to play a game where you get knocked down and suddenly you're trying to block shit past human reaction level?

Fuck that noise, acting like it's somehow more professional to guess than react. It's just different, don't be stupid.

there's a time and a place for everything. i don't mind being forced to guess on wakeup because hey, the other guy knocked me down and now it's a rigged guessing game. when i knock him down, i'll get my chance.

then you have games like tekken where the close range mixup game is between mids and lows that look identical until they reach active frames.

you're right. but even in a game like bb, there's still actual mixups (though it's mostly zoning and frametraps), which is what i was getting at with my last post; it's a matter of where you're guessing and what you're guessing. it was once the core of the st vs 3s debate, and is now the core of gg vs bb.

(as an aside, i actually dislike the way people throw around the term mixup because it's so often associated exclusively with things like high/low and crossups, and very rarely with zoning or anything else. it's especially detrimental to new and intermediate players who more often than not struggle a lot with footsies, in part because they focus so much on okizeme homo shit that in their mind is all that constitutes a "mixup".)

Yeah. I'm not going to argue, BBCS has some serious "Some characters are more balanced than others" going on right now. The nice thing is if you get good at the right character, you can decrease the bullshit a lot (High low? fuck that I'm going to reversal when I see you twitch because I'm Tao/Hazama and I have the best metered reversal ever).

Anyway, I'm glad you can see what I mean. A lot of people would have actually tried to tell me I was wrong, and that one or the other is in fact better.

Also, your comment on mixup is valid too. Good stuff.