Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SaikoXeon

Utah Thread, Backdashing Missionaries since 2013

Alright, so I managed to borrow a friend's copy of UNIB, so I'll probably be online for the next while these months.  If you guys wanna play or something, just add me on PSN.

Hey man, we had a small get together on Labor Day but it was kind of a last minute thing.

Shar has moved so our venue is more limited now, but there will probably be more meetups in the future. It really all depends on everyone's schedule. I've got a flexible schedule so it's difficult for me to get get time off that isn't holidays.

Figured I'd post this update here since we are somewhat active again with Xrd out. We don't have a fixed schedule but we definitely get around to casuals when we can in the SLC area. Get in touch with us if you want some offline Xrd/poverty/anime games. I have holidays off now so we often do sessions on holidays or during the weekend.

So is the utah anime fighting game community dead or where can I get some bbcp and persona 4 action

We still get together, just we're all basically on Twitter now instead of here. We like to hold casuals every now and then, usually at least once a month. We're probably gonna do something this weekend what with the 3-day weekend and all.

Pretty much no one plays P4A anymore, though.

You should get in touch with @801_Jojo on Twitter if you want details for get togethers. We're likely doing one this weekend.

I too recently moved into Utah, I'd like to check some stuff out here when I get the chance. Though, I'm going to be out of state again for a little while here coming up. Do we have any consistent monthlies? I'm mostly interested in UNIEL.

We don't have a fixed schedule or anything, but we get together usually at least once a month. We've been a bit slow lately though due to EVO but hopefully we'll have another meetup sometime soon. We're all pretty much based around the SLC area so if you're in Southern Utah it could be quite a drive.

It's pretty much that, we mostly do casuals at my apartment. I'd like to try and get us more to the the SF / Capcom RanBats so we can have a nicer venue. Oh, and for UNiEL, I am on that shit! My girlfriend is also pretty big on it and Tekken. 

Cool stuff. I'm in Provo so it's not really that far away, I go up that way pretty often. I'll have to come some time. Like I said though I probably won't be around till next month sometime anyways though. You guys just use the 801 FGC community thing I'm assuming right?

Are you referring to the FaceBook group? If so yes, tho I am mainly mediate between that and this thread / Twitter in an attempt to get the scene together to try and make the players stronger and to get more players. 

Are you referring to the FaceBook group? If so yes, tho I am mainly mediate between that and this thread / Twitter in an attempt to get the scene together to try and make the players stronger and to get more players. 

Ya... that job kinda got dropped on ya when I moved didn't it.

Hey folks, there's a tournament coming up this Saturday at Neumont University (143 S. Main St.). Cool Camyoin and I will be hosting a free tournament for GG and UNiEL! Come and play with us! Right now we're looking at one set up, if you want to bring me, please let us know! There's also a $5 venue fee. So that's all it'll cost ya. If anyone wants to run BB, it'll have to be on y'all. All I have for a set up is GG / UNiEL.

Yo-- Just got back into Xrd with the steam release and starting to get pretty hype for SFV and Revelator. Decided to find out what the FGC scene in SLC was like and found this thread.

You guys still active?

16 hours ago, Seooo13 said:

Yo-- Just got back into Xrd with the steam release and starting to get pretty hype for SFV and Revelator. Decided to find out what the FGC scene in SLC was like and found this thread.

You guys still active?

Yes we are! We're mainly on FB / Twitter since that's where we're finding new faces. We have an event coming up this weekend at the Bountiful Game Grid if you wanna come check it out! It'll be $15 at the door. This will get you into any game and the money goes to buying equipment and other things down the road.

On 12/14/2015 at 2:38 PM, Seooo13 said:

You guys still active?

'Hiya folks! Long time no chit chat. We had a bit of a rough start to the year but I have good news! We finally have a RanBat ready for the 13th and 27th. These events will have pay outs! It will be $15 at the door, $10 goes to the venue and $5 to the pot. The pot pay out will change depending on turnout. We're still at the same venue - GameGrid of North Salt Lake (http://www.playatgamegrid.com/visit-us/bountiful/). The games will be GG and BB for the 13th and we can flex it depending on who wants to play what. The 27th, I'd like to add SFV, so please discuss if you'd like to see any other games! See y'all soon!'

From FB