Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SaikoXeon

Utah Thread, Backdashing Missionaries since 2013

When I get home I'll post the way to get to the stream archive, it's on the 801 Facebook page

Sent from the NOL Intelligence Department

Hey guys, just a reminder that EVO is having a BB/GG side tournament.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?538-Reminder-GG-and-BB-side-tournaments-at-Evo%21-Both-on-Saturday-open-signups-until-noon%21

If you wanna throw down or spit knowledge in preparation go for it. I am on PSN for Persona, but not anything else at the moment.

I have this Tuesday/Wednesday entirely open thanks to a week break from school. If you wanna practice P4A (360 for me though) I'm down for that. I won't be going to EVO unfortunately though.

Let's try to get together more as a community after EVO rolls by. We should focus on BB (I imagine all of will import this or somethin') or whatever the EVO game is in 2014. I want to get more active on DL, but again after EVO. (I actually have no idea besides this very thread) Anyway, if you guys want me to add something to the OP or w/e just say so.

Much love to the guys I got to meet at EVO, let's try and get some anime game casuals going again. I take it everyone is pretty much done with P4U after this year and would rather focus on GG / BB.

Working out the location is gonna be the biggest issue

it was good to meet you guys -- for the first time-- in another state lol

Im already looking into getting a real Monitor instead of my 47 inch HDTV for BB now...

We have the first meet up planned for this Saturday 8/3 at my place, I'm gonna PM everyone the time and address

Yo, guys, I'm from the Utah SRK Thread and figured since I'm an older school anime player that I hop on and give an introduction to myself or just say 'hi'.

I used to competitively play Immaterial and Missing Power, Melty, and dabbled a little in GG and P4. Hope we can get along!

You played IaMP? Not surprised, but how the hell did I not know this? Hopefully we can start getting some activity in this thread even if it's semi-relevant bullshitting.

I have Persona and blazblue CS for ps3 if anyone wants to net play :/ utah sucks for this stuff.

Also i suck at fighting games

We've actually just started doing meetups in the SLC area. The major UT people that are active now are myself, Sharakonta, Jojo(saikoxeon), and Nemesis.

What part of UT are you in? We're mostly focused in SLC I think.

I have Persona and blazblue CS for ps3 if anyone wants to net play :/ utah sucks for this stuff.

Also i suck at fighting games

Well, least we can all get better together.

Also, if you wanna learn GG Ctrl, Saiko and I are all learning it.

orem area

and gg crtl? guilty gear?

yes, Guilty Gear. He actually meant "if you want to learn GG, [Ctrl, Saiko, and I] are all learning it." lol

Our tentative date for our next casuals is 9/5 if you can make it up to East Millcreek on that day. I think that's like a 45 minute drive for you, but if you're willing to make it once-a-month we're planning on hosting casuals on a monthly basis.

We haven't officially confirmed that date yet but that's probably when it's gonna happen (Sharakonta's in charge of the date)

I shall have confirmation tomorrow

Those two sentences go oddly well together.

Guy, Chaos Code is happening in early September. I plan on picking it up ASAP, if anyone has an interest playing it give me a heads up. I believe Tenryo said this version would have netplay too.

I'm always up for trying a new FG, been keeping my eye on Chaos Code too. Looks like it's worth a shot.

Looks like the three of us are on the same page, as Tenryo would say #Soon