Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 3 New Thread: Gameplay, Netplay, Etc.

Wasn't it mentioned before that Aksys couldn't get AH3 for XBLA because of some shit regarding Microsoft's Live politics or something?

its just some speculation based on how the games on live have a limit size, and for being on games on demand it needs a disc version first

quoting an old post of mine

well, it can be that AH3 cant be released on retail version more likely for not being profitable enough to be breakeven on the usa market, lets face it, fighting games are niche, specially if they arent made by capcom or namco on usa, and ah3 is more niche because the astheics and concept behind the game, add that ah3 is not popular enough even in japan(from what some people have told me, so take this with a grain of salt), the lack of sales on japan, not breaking the 30k units for what i know, this can lead to the marketing team on aksys or perhaps examu/asw (who knows) to think that the best way is to release the game as a downloadable game on usa in order to have utilities, but from what we konw this brings a lot of problems, in order to be a xbla game they would have to strip a lot of the content of the console port to bypass the size limit

and in order to be a game on demand it has to have first a retail version, that in the theorical scenario could be prohibitive from a bussines point of view, add the policies of microsoft over the downloadable game, and you have a nightmarish scenario to deal, plus aksys is a small company

just a little scenario that i thought that could be possible, not saying that it was that what happened or something :P

ah3 is obviously released as a psn game because is more economic for them, if they wanted to localizate it on ps3 they would need to record english voices for the chars, since its one of the must on all ps3 games on usa, that would made the localization more expensive hence why the go to the donwloadble route where they dont need to do that

xbox doenst have such rule, but as i pointed on the quoted post, there is no garanty that the game would sell enough on 360 to assure a 360 retail version

Akane's was one pf the first character trophies I got. And I don't even play her.

:33333

How did you do it? Did you use a regular gamepad?

People are still going to buy this when PSN comes back up, right? Wait, no. The store isn't coming up till (weeks) after PSN. People will buy it then though, I hope...

Yeah, no kidding. I'm glad I imported. By the way, here's where I'm getting that info from:

Hirai stated that the PlayStation Store will not be up and running when the service goes live again this week' date=' but it should be ready in the coming weeks. Sony is holding off functionality to beef up security even more for that. The PlayStation Store will probably come back in yet another firmware update.[/quote']

Source

well, im still buying the game, but with bbcs2 around the corner, im pretty sure that my people and me wouldnt be touching ah3 at all, they werent to excited about the game to begin with :/

wrong way to encourage me or my friends on playing the game, lol

i like ah3 but i preffer bb any day over it, same with them

dunno what its with the ah3 players that like to shit on bb, certainly its something that turns off my interest on the game -_-

Does anyone know what the DLC's for AH3 are?

colors, just colors

i know man, but imo its something that can hurt in the long term, i know that im the 1st one to bash sf4 in srk at least, and its only for trolling the sf4 fanboys but that its something that it should be avoided when you are trying to atract people into your game, that was the reason why the mb scene didnt do well here in my coutry for like 3 years, those guys were bashing the other games like 3s, mvc2, gg, kof 98 & 02, and the people werent to willing to try mb because of that

for me, i will try to make a scene (again) for ah3 , perhaps i would get some people into it, now that the game is a lot faster and fun than ah1 and its not an horrible port like ah2, now that im organizing some tournaments on a movie theater of a friend for various games i would try to get some people there, i hope that the psn store gets online before the 15th to get the game before the tournaments start

Yeah, no kidding. I'm glad I imported. By the way, here's where I'm getting that info from:

Source

This depresses me.. I was going to buy the game day one, but we were experiencing internet problems and I couldn't log on.. sadly then psn went down.. now the store won't be up in time for my week and a half break off before my internship.. But I've waited this long, I can wait some more.. hopefully they are just being conservative with dates..:(

Been playing this since release and its really fun. Found that i really like to play Clarice and Elsa along with Kamui. One thing i cant seem to do though is Elsa's Critical Heart attack. i just cant input the up down left right during her coin flip fast enough. Really hoping when i do manage to pull it off that it does some absurd damage or something or else im gonna be sad D: on the bright side, Kamui's Critical Heart reminds me of Baikens IK attack minus the cool japanese setting and with added slashes everywhere :D awesome game all around so far.

haca bro, the truth about all fg scenes is

" yo if you play [ insert shitty Capcom fita here ], then you're playing shit nigga "

Fixed for better accuracy :kitty:

Damn, I wanna play dis shit. Don't feel like unlocking the trophies right now >:/

i know man, but imo its something that can hurt in the long term, i know that im the 1st one to bash sf4 in srk at least, and its only for trolling the sf4 fanboys but that its something that it should be avoided when you are trying to atract people into your game, that was the reason why the mb scene didnt do well here in my coutry for like 3 years, those guys were bashing the other games like 3s, mvc2, gg, kof 98 & 02, and the people werent to willing to try mb because of that

Very true. So annoying when people seem to ignore that maybe, just maybe, others don't share their tastes in what's fun (or that more than one game can be fun). Anyway, you should just focus on stuff about AH3 that makes it different from BB, like how GC compares to DAA/IB, clash system, being able to sort of customize your character with arcana choice (esp. how that helps even out balance), freedom of movement with homing, bonuses and limitations of force gauge compared to bursts/RC, etc. Oh, and don't try to force people to play it. Like, if you have a regular BB tournament going on, don't try to cut into it with AH3 immediately, but maybe have it available on the side so that people who get eliminated can play something else to dilute their saltiness. Probably all obvious stuff, but I think the best way to get people interested in something new is really just the basic "tell them what's cool about it and let them play" approach.

Also, Akane is too fun. The power of words shall compel you *laughs* .

Hecatom's country is privileged :kitty:

Here, people don't play new stuff just because "lololol animU shit" (without even trying it). And they won't give 2 fucks about the differences, if it doesn't play like SF / KOF / lol mahvel then lolol it sux

It could work :v:

Heck, people here thinks fuckin' Brahzbloo is hard to play... and also that they can learn the game by PLAYING FUCKING EASY MODE:8/:

Most people will listen if you find the right way of talking to them.

Can't think of a nice way to tell them that easy mode sucks, though *laughs*

>>Most people will listen if you find the right way of talking to them.

No, man, no. You HAVE to be here to know how really dull and close-minded the FITE GAEMZ playas are in this place.

Heck, I showed a friend of mine some AH footage (for teh lulz) and he said TYR KIRA IS FUCKING BROKEN.