Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 3 New Thread: Gameplay, Netplay, Etc.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on doing Saki's charge moves during combos? Can I buffer most of them or are there some other tricks I can do?

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on doing Saki's charge moves during combos? Can I buffer most of them or are there some other tricks I can do?

What combos are you trying to do? I don't thinks there are any tricks to it, honestly. You just gotta do it. @_@

Not to be rude but that didn't help me at all :v: It's not like I haven't tried to do them. Thanks for making me feel retarded.

It's mostly doing the [8]2x parts in her combos. The other ones I can get pretty well but if there's an [8]2x in it I can't continue. If there are any other tips to do them consistently that works too which is why I asked.

I know little about Saki, but in general charge characters' combos involve buffering the charge with another move. I don't know how/if this will work out with the charge being on [8], but try holding the direction while doing the previous move or so.

Only problem I forsee is if the previous move was jump cancellable. :v:

Not to be rude but that didn't help me at all :v: It's not like I haven't tried to do them. Thanks for making me feel retarded.

It's mostly doing the [8]2x parts in her combos. The other ones I can get pretty well but if there's an [8]2x in it I can't continue. If there are any other tips to do them consistently that works too which is why I asked.

Theses are the combos that involve doing [6]4x first right? Start charging 8 during that move. If you press C before you jump, you'll still get 5C.

I only know Seseme Street combos with Saki, pktazn. I wasn't trying to look down on you. @_@

Edit: Looking back at the wiki though, I see that there are other combos using [8]2x. In those cases, I imagine you charge during 5C since it's not jump cancelable. But I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks guys so I do have to buffer them... and it's cool Firekid. I just got a bit rawr over it because people have told me that before for other things and it's just like "If I could do them I wouldn't be asking" you know? But it's all good :D

I think I'm supposed to do a 5C during the combo, and I don't know exactly how to buffer the [8]2 from there :v:

This is one of the one's I'm having trouble with from Mizuumi and it's like... the first combo listed haha.

2AAA / j.2B / 2B > [6]4C > 5C > [8]2C > j.66 AC > j9.A4B > dj9.{BC / A4B} > j.623A

I think I'm supposed to do a 5C during the combo, and I don't know exactly how to buffer the [8]2 from there :v:

Hold 8 after 5C input, so you're buffering throughout the move. Then after 5C is done, go to 2 and press a button.

This comes from no Saki experience, so you might have to delay the 2 some or something... don't know. :v: Just saying how to buffer charge moves in general.

That's cool any information helps.

But looking at the combo again... what the does this part mean? I've been trying to figure it out but to no avail ;_____;

j9.A4B > dj9.{BC / A4B}

EDIT: Actually... I think I figured it out after thinking and trying it out a bit more but I've never seen notation like that so :v:

But looking at the combo again... what the does this part mean? I've been trying to figure it out but to no avail ;_____;

j9.A4B > dj9.{BC / A4B}

I've never seen notation like that. :psyduck:

If I had to guess, the 9 is indicating that you need to jump straight up when you do j.A j.4B.

But WTF is up with those brackets? :psyduck:

But WTF is up with those brackets? :psyduck:

Probably to indicate either/or.

Basically, that you can end the combo with either j.B>j.C or j.A>j.4B.

I don't play Saki, though, so it's just a guess and anyone who knows is free to correct me.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's what you said but that's the only combo notated like that so my mind was blown haha.

j9.A4B > dj9.{BC / A4B}

EDIT: Actually... I think I figured it out after thinking and trying it out a bit more but I've never seen notation like that so :v:

I also don't play Saki, but it probably means that dj.BC won't work on some characters (or maybe strict for timing), in which case you should use A4B. Same sort of thing comes up with Akane, except it isn't shown with fancy brackets *laughs*

j9.A4B > dj9.{BC / A4B}

Actually you need to hold up during gorm glas, before you link the 5C. If your timing is correct, you should get the 5C out before your jump starts.

j9 portion means, jump forward, specifically. Because jumping straight up won't work.. and the djBC vs djAB I believe is for corner, as jBC would push to far out of the corner to land the j623A

At first, the timing for that combo seems retarded, but, it's really not that hard.

On another note, I'm not much of a yuri fanboy, but Saki's ending picture is pretty HNNNG inducing... @_@

Thanks a bunch for the help guys. I really appreciate it since I honestly wasn't sure what to do <3

And yea Saki's arcade ending picture xD

heads up to nyc playas,

AH3 tourny at next level arcade, brooklyn, ny 6/23/11

its on xbox360 though....

so bring your pads, or sticks+converters, or just rent a stick for 2 buckeroos.

If I'm not mistaken next level has "rental sticks" you can use. Which is what he means by rent a stick for 2 bucks... not implying there are stick rentals at like, blockbuster or something.

Another month passes, and another LTGxPGC comes and goes in London, UK. I've got the Top 8 videos right here, for anyone interested... ^_^;;;

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL639B444599BAB64B

Top 4

1. Fuzzyness (Angelia / Catherine)
  2. AngelDarkSong (Eko)
  3. Tu101uk (Fiona)
  4. Rayokarna (Lilica)

Top 8

• LordSpectreX (Lieselotte)
  • DalaiDan (Scharlachrot)
  • Pawndriver (Scharlachrot)
  • Firei (Kamui)

Enjoy! ^_^

O-O~

Watching those Fiona matches, I keep seeing 2D getting baited and punished like crazy.

Does she have any better anti-air strats (from roughly straight up) other than 2D and blocking?

Lucky Excalibur is pretty good anti air.

Part of why I said "from roughly straight up", is because Excalibur doesn't hit in that zone and most players don't get hit by it unless you're doing some janky shit (or punishing some janky shit)

I guess I should have said "roughly straight above"