Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 3 New Thread: Gameplay, Netplay, Etc.

Gawd... I still feel like I have to do 4 or 5 times the effort to win one match with MAH Kira D:< Now I know how lol tager players feel like :v:

How can I deal with that nun bitch? (not Clarice, I like her). Same with the shark teeth bitch, can't figure out a way to counter dem chains.

.....and the AH3 DL thread rises from it's grave.

Anyway, most of the competent players don't frequent online much cuz of the lag.

I usually get 2's with TX/MEX though. It's playable I guess but I wish there were people that were closer to me. My connection is pretty bad due to my area.

If anyone is willing to play sometime online, I'm up for it. Usually playing arcana in the evenings.

.....and the AH3 DL thread rises from it's grave.

Anyway, most of the competent players don't frequent online much cuz of the lag.

I usually get 2's with TX/MEX though. It's playable I guess but I wish there were people that were closer to me. My connection is pretty bad due to my area.

If anyone is willing to play sometime online, I'm up for it. Usually playing arcana in the evenings.

add meh :kitty:

I'm in AZ playing guys in Cali and the connection is "interesting" but I could play someone east coast and its pretty spectacular...

Top 4 for AH3 side tournament @ Super Vs Battle, the UK's largest fighting game event!

1st - Pawndriver (Scharlachrot)

2nd - Frost (Clarice / Nazuna / Heart)

3rd - AngelDarkSong (Eko)

4th - Spring (Kira)

Match videos are finally up! Too bad no commentary, but the recordings were actually pretty last minute... :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT3ii_32sXU Winners Finals - Frost (Wind Clarice) vs Pawndriver (Wind Scharlachrot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDpE4Vy0Ew Losers Semis - Sprint (Metal Kira) vs AngelDarkSong (Plant / Tyr Eko) Shoutouts to Sprint repping low tier!!! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxea0LdvCOQ Losers Finals - Frost (Wind Clarice / Luck Nazuna) vs AngelDarkSong (Plant / Tyr Eko) Look out for Frost's BLATANT counterpick. UK is still very free to his Nazuna... >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92LjXZIP1v4 Grand Finals - Frost (Wind Clarice / Plant Heart) vs Pawndriver (Wind Scharlachrot) Frost tries to run it back with his Heart sub but Pawndriver was just on point that day...

Good games to everyone I played (AngelDarkSong knocked me out of losers just before Top 4 >.<), and cheers to everyone who turned out to play! Thanks again to Zen United and Frost for organising everything, and Rayokarna for using his setup for recording Top 4... UK scene is alive, well and full of hype!!! ;D

O-O~

Arcana 3 out in Europe in a couple days for the 360.

I'm liking the look of Akane + Saki.

Opinions on them?

Arcana 3 out in Europe in a couple days for the 360.

I'm liking the look of Akane + Saki.

Opinions on them?

Both of them are very good characters, and it shouldn't be too difficult to do their basic stuff (though some of Saki's slightly more advanced BnBs can be a bit tricky... :S).

Of course, if it's your first time touching an Arcana Heart game, it'll definitely take some time to get used to the mechanics, as there isn't really anything out there that's similar (specifically in regards to homing and using your arcana effectively).

Look at some Youtube videos, there are plenty floating around. Look on the Mizuumi wiki as well for more info. Most of all, have fun and keep at it... :3

O-O~

Anyone around here good at playing Elsa? I couldn't seem to get a good playstyle out of her. All I seem to be doing so far is pokes, j.C's, and holy water for pressure and distraction. Other than that, I have yet to make an air to air combo.

Flower arcana seems to do a lot of favors for in terms of pressure though.

4C at neutral -> hit them -> whatever combo into communio -> mixup combo for the win

Oh, I can do that, just not in actual fighting yet. That's a ground combo though. Most of the time people will get good air to air combos off of me *clenches fist* (Sakiiiii.......)

Anyway, you'll probably see what I'm getting at once we fight. Anyone have some time tonight?

Oh, I can do that, just not in actual fighting yet. That's a ground combo though. Most of the time people will get good air to air combos off of me *clenches fist* (Sakiiiii.......)

Anyway, you'll probably see what I'm getting at once we fight. Anyone have some time tonight?

Elsa in general isn't very good in air to air due to her sorta meh air hitboxes and slow homing speed, so it should be avoided if possible. Aside from that, j.B and j.4B are *decent* but more often than not you should try to use preemptive j.Cs to just swat people onto the ground where you're strong.

If you get an air confirm off j.B just go into j.4B -> etc into communio

If you're in a place that can get a decent connection with the midwest US then i'll play you.

Your friends list is full. I'm usually on in the evenings with a room up.
And now I'm on a job travel :(

Will try to purge my friends list as soon as I'm back.

Made my first Akane Combo on day one. Bitch is insane.

2A > 5B > 5C(2) > 623E > 623C > 22C > 22A = 6.4K - Only 1 Kotodama if you use 22A and omit any Oki.

Almost so easy to confirm its not even a combo. Meterless and simple. Not optimal, but it's day 1. For me this is god tier atm.

I picked up this game last week started with Time Weiss.

Got my ass handed to me by Riot and some crazy Nazuna/Zenia player last night. Really need to figure out the air-to-air game, hit confirming aerial attacks, clashing, and the match up specific stuff really bad. I don't know wtf was going on with Nazuna rush down though I'm pretty glad I managed to block those double cross up shennanigans. lol

Elsa in general isn't very good in air to air due to her sorta meh air hitboxes and slow homing speed, so it should be avoided if possible. Aside from that, j.B and j.4B are *decent* but more often than not you should try to use preemptive j.Cs to just swat people onto the ground where you're strong.

... slow homing speed? You must be joking...

and if Elsa hits a preemptive j.C then it's also a L/R mixup. any j.B hit can be confirmed into a communio, she's just as strong anywhere.

Also airthrow if people are respecting preemptive j.C, that goes into a full combo (100% with fire). Airthrows are really strong in this game.

I guess no one but me cares about this, but AH3 is getting published here in snowy Russia:

http://ru.akella.com/News.aspx?id=2976

Not only will I save some money for shipping, but there is also a chance for some official events happening! NOW I'm excited!