Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 3 New Thread: Gameplay, Netplay, Etc.

We always keep missing each other. Except for that one day where you messaged me and decided to play some game instead of netplaying AH3.

Don't worry. I am free at this game. You can easily beat me.

Bully ;~;

Just a reminder: If anyone around here wanted to netplay tonight I should have a room up around 7PM central time. I'll probably stream it too.

Edit: Mics are welcomed and encouraged. Being social is always a positive thing in my eyes.

Edit2: Stream: twitch.tv/arcknight9202

You should come announce it on irc when you start the room (irc.mizuumi.net #examu), you may be able to find some players

I don't run or use IRC. :/ I only use WLM and even that's being turned into a program I utterly loathe. It's not all together a bad idea though. Was just planning to play with a buddy of mine tonight.

might pop in, depends on my headache and our connection

if anyone is serious about playing this game though i do seriously recommend chatting in the #examu channel from time to time, normally posts on homingcancel.com get views as well

needs more flash. pretty bland imo. Then again, it's not like it's a new story or new characters, so maybe I was wrong expecting something new. I prefer the original pv

Arcana Heart posted this on Facebook. Didn't see it here so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcXTPUDuUI&feature=player_embedded From what I see as the Arcana Blast, is there any reason to use the old burst now? The recharge time is a lot faster with the blast.

Arcana Burst and Extend Blast have two totally different uses. Blast can be used as more of a reversal (has start-up invul and blow back if it hits) but cannot be combo'd into (AFAIK) since that is what Extend Force Cancels are for. You cannot use Extend Blast if you are already being combo'd or if you are in the air. That's what Arcana Burst is for.

If this game makes any sense, Blast should have enough recovery to be punished if baited. Hoping it's punishable a bit more easily than punishing Burst.

That does make a bit more sense. I just thought it odd that it was as useful as it appeared to be. It seems like it would make block strings more annoying to do with a threat of that happening. If it's punishable then it wouldn't be such a big deal. I have no experience in the matter so I guess all I can do is take other people's testimonies into account and speculate myself.

That does make a bit more sense. I just thought it odd that it was as useful as it appeared to be. It seems like it would make block strings more annoying to do with a threat of that happening. If it's punishable then it wouldn't be such a big deal. I have no experience in the matter so I guess all I can do is take other people's testimonies into account and speculate myself.

Arcana Blast was a seldom used mechanic from Arcana Heart 2 -- functioning mostly the same way. It was mapped to C+E in AH2 and you could either active it in neutral or in blockstun. In AH2, however, it would give you the passive abilities of your Arcana, which is accomplished in 3 by entering Extend Force mode, which is the reason they changed it to Extend Blast.

In AH2 it wasn't really used because the game is slower and pressure was much more manageable IMO. I think also the blow back effect that Blast had in 2 only lasted a very short time, so it wasn't that useful.

From what I've been hearing about LM, E. Blast seems very useful.

http://curbeh.blogspot.jp/2013/01/arcana-heart-3-love-max-current-changes.html Updated changelist. Anything in bold is a new change. This list includes all changes, from the first loctest and the new one.

Thanks for this update Tigre!

Arcana Blast was a seldom used mechanic from Arcana Heart 2 -- functioning mostly the same way. It was mapped to C+E in AH2 and you could either active it in neutral or in blockstun. In AH2, however, it would give you the passive abilities of your Arcana, which is accomplished in 3 by entering Extend Force mode, which is the reason they changed it to Extend Blast.

In AH2 it wasn't really used because the game is slower and pressure was much more manageable IMO. I think also the blow back effect that Blast had in 2 only lasted a very short time, so it wasn't that useful.

From what I've been hearing about LM, E. Blast seems very useful.

Also thank you for this insight into this mechanics functionality. Knowing is half the battle! /gi-joe

Wow, it's been ages since I last came here.... That aside, I probably should try to get back into playing this game a bit more and really just sit down with a character and learn their stuff.

....Not that I think Akane takes a lot of effort to learn, but it would be nice. Guess I know what game I'll be playing more of next week.

May as well post it up here. Love Max release date confirmed for 5/9. There's a location test (that no one knew about lol) going on right now at two arcades, there are character changes. We have no nice sheet for what they are like the previous two loctests, just what players are tweeting.

Very good, suscribed. This is pretty interesting and with getting into.

Btw how good is scharl ATM?

It's funny you ask, because we just got word that Scharl J6C is slower.

They are really aiming at her knees.

Yoriko - 6C does not hit the other person up as high, making it much harder to combo. (Not very hitconfirmable we're being told). Mike Punch super does worse damage now.

Lilica - can combo from Flip outside of the corner now, and her Night Stream super can still be hit out of (it's much better than in Ah3 though)

Clarice - either has problems comboing from or can no longer combo from slashes (pls examu break her legs).

There was some change to Konoha I don't remember. no one on IRC seemed super concerned.

Angie - tostugay and je got a bit better (only details I have currently)

Kira - Backdash got buffed. 623B is now super cancelable (maybe has an earlier cancel window). With the right spacing you could get away with 623B metal lvup xx EFC -> combo

Momiji tweeted that you cannot EFC after 6D or neutral throw. That the sticks were super stiff, and something about Time Attack. Still waiting to hear what he has to say about Heart or Weiss.

Arcade version now has Training Mode (AH3 did not, AH2 and 1 did lol).

We also have a bug!

I'm not entirely sure of the details, but supposedly after Petra does Air shot where she can rise up to the top of the screen, much like mega man could in SFxT lol.

Examu wouldn't give us a changelog maybe they're saving it for the release.

:( I'll keep my eye out for more tweets and hopefully a community put together jp changelist and go from there.

Holy shit people are actually getting nerfs now?

Last loketest I saw of was pretty much buffing everyone almost equally. It seemed pretty pointless less due towards balance changes and more due towards the fact that the overall similar advantages presented by the buffs seemed not to incur any balance changes of much note anyway. I'll be looking towards this.

I pretty much suck at this game, but I hope it gets a resurgence with LoveMax. All of the characters and arcanas are so fun to mess around with, I can never stick with one for too long.

Will there be an AH3 side tourney at Evo?