Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 3 New Thread: Gameplay, Netplay, Etc.

Discuss everything!

Some stuff to get people started:

English Wiki: http://homingcancel.com/wiki

Japanese Wiki: http://www29.atwiki.jp/arcanaheart3/

AH3 Community Forums: http://homingcancel.com/

More info and frame data: http://arcana.mizuumi.net/canon/Top/top.html

Homing Cancel's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/homingcanceldotcom

Credit goes to the guys at homing cancel for translating the wiki, opening up the forums, and putting effort in bringing all this information together. With that said, let's keep this discussion mainly for people that have already played the game and wish to discuss actual information, and not theory stuff from just watching videos.

D-D-D-Discuss! :eng101:

Wow seriously this is awesome! I didn't get much play time with 3 (or 2) in arcades so this helps me alot prior to release (seeing as my main and sub aren't in 1 ; A; )

So I'm looking for suggestions:

What are some good Arcana match ups for Weiss and Akane? (...and Heart <3)

So I'm looking for suggestions:

What are some good Arcana match ups for Weiss and Akane? (...and Heart <3)

Well, Love can be used with anybody as a beginner Arcana. That's always a good start. As for character specifics, Akane can work well with basically any arcana because she fights well on her own. Weiß works good with Space-Time for very good oki and loops. Heart seems to be good with Thunder as well.

Now while suggestions are welcome, it's better to just experiment to find what Arcana/Geist works best for you. The game comes out in a few days so you won't have to wait long to test stuff out. That is, if your getting the game soon.

Well, Love can be used with anybody as a beginner Arcana. That's always a good start. As for character specifics, Akane can work well with basically any arcana because she fights well on her own. Weiß works good with Space-Time for very good oki and loops. Heart seems to be good with Thunder as well.

Now while suggestions are welcome, it's better to just experiment to find what Arcana/Geist works best for you. The game comes out in a few days so you won't have to wait long to test stuff out. That is, if your getting the game soon.

Thanks for the tips, and you know I'm getting this game day 1 (well after it reaches here from shipping lol). Yeah I just wanted to see some thoughts on Arcana/Geist for Akane and Weiss causes I only have the original AH and didn't get to touch 2 or 3 too much. But Heart/Thunder was my main in 1 so it looks like I'll be doing that again until Weiss and Akane can step up.

But I'll definitely be experimenting, see everyone online = w=

I want to use Elsa/Punishment. This is my first arcana game but I have no worries about learning the fundamentals. Any advice about this particular configuration? The low defense is kinda scary, how noticeable is it?

Alright, cleaned up the thread a bit. It was starting to get a bit out of hand. Please, let's keep this strictly to gameplay. :]

(The other thread is still there for the more general stuff)

I want to use Elsa/Punishment. This is my first arcana game but I have no worries about learning the fundamentals. Any advice about this particular configuration? The low defense is kinda scary, how noticeable is it?

Punishment's damage intake is very noticable at times (mainly when you whiff an EF combo and get touched, you're gonna eat almost double the normal damage).

Otherwise, not so much, just doesn't have a lot of mobility compared to the other arcanas in my opinion.

Basically, use what ever you want with Elsa, but she does have optimal arcana's that really help her mix up abilities.

Wind and Luck come to mind.

Played for about 6 hours straight. I've found in this time that training mode not saving changes is pretty annoying.

Running Dorothy/Ice at the moment, though as I figure more out I'll probably switch to Time. Might sub two of either Angelia, Weiss or Elsa. No idea for Arcana's for them just yet.

Running Dorothy/Ice at the moment

I so totally don't see where did that come from :rolleyes:

Trying different Arcanas for Kira, and I kinda like how Thunder works on her (clash frames on grabs, woo-hoo!). I haven't tried Metal yet, but the latter does seem to fulfill the same goals more efficiently. Which is probably why I will never try it.

does anyone know if konoha has any particularly bad matchups i should know about, or any matchups where you have to pick a certain arcana to stand a chance?

Cathy has hell dealing with Tyr - most Cathy players pick Wind because the pushblock wind replaces 6GC with is by far her best way out of a cage match.

So, punishment arcana..

"Blue - When you charge your E moves to the max they will become unblockable but won't cause launches. Instead, they will cause the opponent to be stuck in hitstun for quite a while. You can incorporate this into combos; there is almost no prorate so you can generate some pretty brutal damage. "

"Stuck in hitstun for quite a while?" It seems to me that fully charged 5e with punishment is actually unsafe on hit(assuming you don't arcanaspecial cancel it). Am I missing something?

Thanks, that works. I was still hoping that "quite a lot of hitstun" meant a nice stagger state, no meter needed, or something. Ah well, game is generous with meter.

So, I've been trying and trying to pull off akane's critical heart. The wiki says mash the fuck out of buttons, and everywhere I look it seems to be that you have to mash hard as hell. After doing the move and setting all the buttons to turbo on the stick didn't work, I'm inclined to believe that mashing isn't really the answer. Anyone know how it actually works, or is even turbo not mashing hard enough?

Make sure you are mashing before the attack comes out. My arms hurt when I mash it. You will know how your mashing is doing when you see Akane get up and charge her attack.

EDIT: The button presses have to be different, so just turning on all turbos won't work. I've been told it works better if you rub your hand around the buttons in a circular motion so you hit different button presses.

Actually I can do it consistently with Square and X on turbo. 632146AB, let go of A while holding B, then start holding A again.

By the way, here are the level indicators:

8XVP3.gif

Also please note, to get Level 5 you have to be in Extend Force.