Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 3 New Thread: Gameplay, Netplay, Etc.

Thanks for the advice, having the visual cues for the levels helps alot. Still can't get above level 3, guess I just need to learn how to mash. I'll try to hunt down ryu's cousin and see if he's taking any apprentices.

Wear some gloves or use your shirt to cover your palm(this is what CrimsonDisaster says he does D: ), then wax on wax off. D:

(You don't need to mash the stick at all, it's just buttons)

Actually I can do it consistently with Square and X on turbo. 632146AB, let go of A while holding B, then start holding A again.

By the way, here are the level indicators:

8XVP3.gif

Also please note, to get Level 5 you have to be in Extend Force.

Does that mean you got her trophy for this ?

Thanks for the advice, having the visual cues for the levels helps alot. Still can't get above level 3, guess I just need to learn how to mash. I'll try to hunt down ryu's cousin and see if he's taking any apprentices.

I finally got it. I dunno if this will help anyone, but I can consistently get level 4 (5 in extend force) by taking one finger and sliding it back and forth across the top row of buttons (my layout on my TE is top row goes abcd bottom row is just e then nothing). Hope that helps any other people who just can't get it down.

I'm still working on yoriko doing pentagrams without messing up is really hard -_- luckly she only has one basic meterless combo so that wasn't hard to learn but all the power up moves and timing on doing pentagrams and triangles is blaaarrgh.

I personally am having fun with all of Cathy's crazy pressure tools. Wind is totally my favorite arcana at this point. I was actually hoping on finding another less commonly used arcana for her, but I really love Wind's triple jump and 2D. You can do some really awesome shit with that. xD Also EFC air dash cancels are pretty sweet too.

*curses everyone who is playing as she must wait for her PS3 to get here*

*silently flips through the artbook*

*sigh* I wanna play...

*curses everyone who is playing as she must wait for her PS3 to get here*

*silently flips through the artbook*

*sigh* I wanna play...

It's worth the wait. *patpat* Hang in there.

i want to play and do training on my own.....

having the game with no ps3 makes me a sad panda

I'm feeling about the same, as the only way I can play the game right now is by visiting my friend and playing his copy. At least I'll be able to earn some money to finally buy a PS3 soon.

Man, Clarice's Arcana Drain + EF + Punishment.

12k superless shenanigans!

So I have to ask; what determines the Arcana that you use?

I see alot of people picking and sticking with 1, and while I think it is important to have familiarity with a specific one, I think everyone should branch out and have a small pool of Arcana to choose from for any given opponent/situation. So I would like to know what reasons you guys use to pick an Arcana.

I myself cycle through; Ice, Flower, Halo, and Thunder.

I use Thunder because it is the one I'm most familiar with (been using it since the original AH). The main reason I use Thunder is for the extra/free clash boxes it offers as it's passive ability, this catches quite a few off guard and if I plan carefully I can get the advantage utilizing those clashes (also makes charging my launcher much easier since it also get clash frames). 236E summons a bolt from the sky with some slight homing on it, it's great for catching people off guard and even stopping delayed homing. 236236E or 214214E is a pretty nice Arcana super as it summons 3 bolts which can move either forward or backward depending on the input, this is also a great mind game setup as it still retains some of it's slight homing and can even be delayed.

I use Ice alot because it offers me something I REALLY love, ground dashing! You can only ground dash in Arcana by doing a ground homing, however this has some slight start up and easy to see coming (and stop), the dash you get from Ice is amazing because it's fast and instant so it allows me better ground mobility without sacrificing my defensive options. I also love it's attacks as well; 236E shoots a projectile straight forward that covers the entire screen, even better it can be charged, making the projectile bigger. 214E summons a snowflake projectile that comes from the air and moves down at a 45 degree angle, what I really like though is the fact the projectile comes from behind you and even if you get hit it still goes, this is amazing for fake outs and protecting you should you make a mistake. 214214E is one of my favorite Arcana supers as it summons a hail storm of snowflake projectiles, and even though they drop at a 45 degree angle, that enter from varying point, covering pretty much the entire screen, I've often caught people off guard with this move since it last a good amount of time and it's hard to see where some of the projectiles are coming from. Also a nice, albeit small, bonus is while you're in Extend your 236E projectile comes out fully charged each time. Oh and Ice's Blaze is pretty nice too.

Flower is probably one of my least favorite Arcana because it offers ok rewards at high cost, so then why is it in my pool? Simple, it negates counter hits, that in and of itself is a rather awesome reason to use it in my opinion. Combos are pretty beefy in AH so you don't need to add to your lose with surprise counter hit damage. I also like 214E as it summons a projectile in front of you, it doesn't have great range but that's why I like it. You can control the direction of the projectile and even input 214E again to expand it, this makes it rather good for making your opponent ram into it in an attempt to get to you. I love Flower's Blaze but sadly it's hard to actually land as it's not instant, so opponents can block on reaction.

Halo is becoming one of my favorites as well, 214E summons a projectile that appears at your opponents positions, so this is great for stopping your opponent from afar. 236236E is awesome because it creates a giant wall of light that is great for corner combos and from locking out your opponent. And it's Blaze is godlike, most people are in the middle of an action (in an attempt to stop you) and when the screen freezes they are in trouble!

real men use random select on their arcana coffee.gif

now being serious, i dont have ah3 yet, but im planning on use ice for the ground dash, thunder because i used it a lot on ah1 & 2, and experiment with the others to find some other that i like.

when i played ah1&2 i used to select the arcanas at random, yes i had a pool of arcanas to select on more serious matches, but in general i liked to try with different arcanas to find new stuff

I main Catherine so Wind. For obvious reasons...don't really plan to use another arcana with her.

For Akane I like wind for the added mobility. I like fire for the meterless launcher it gives her. I still haven't messed around with the others yet but I plan to. :3

I'm using Tone with Weiss, even though it's not a popular choice, and I am terrible with her. It seems pretty good though, I don't think the arcana is what's holding me back. I like that if you're smart about when you set the...tone...things, you can make the opponent afraid of certain parts of the screen; and if you get the opponents down to very little health, it gives an awkward zoning tool that isn't very good, but is better than nothing in a high pressure situation.

I use Halo with Maori because it gives her more crap to throw at the opponent, and is more entertaining than Love or Thunder.

Wind - I love the extra airdash and jump, and JC'ing E moves for meterless launcher

Water - The extra block/hitstun on E moves is cool, and the orbs kind of remind me of Aoko

Tone - It's like I'm really playing Mu-12

Time - I like the oki options it gives, and ZA WARUDO

I could go into further depth, but I sorta like keeping the intricacies of my arcana usage to myself.

Now I feel like an open book .__.

Ah whatever, I love the odds being stacked against me, bring it on! :arg: