Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 3 New Thread: Gameplay, Netplay, Etc.

Man, I thought having PSN down for almost a month would of made people actually learn combos and proper movement/spacing. Looks like I was wrong.

Rei, everyone talks about how they're gonna slash your tires, brah.

They've been saying that before I used Fire Elsa...

Man, I thought having PSN down for almost a month would of made people actually learn combos and proper movement/spacing. Looks like I was wrong.

Dude, my training regiment for dead PSN has been switching from pad to stick.

I'm still trying to get it right.

Also, how can you learn combos when you play Fiona? She only has like...4. I have an Ice-Only weird reset bait thing into Excalibur but that's just jank.

Dude, my training regiment for dead PSN has been switching from pad to stick.

I'm still trying to get it right.

Also, how can you learn combos when you play Fiona? She only has like...4. I have an Ice-Only weird reset bait thing into Excalibur but that's just jank.

If you noticed what I said along with learning combos is movement/spacing. Defense is a huge part of the game as well. If you have no people offline to play with, that's when you go to training mode and use record. Start recording strings. A normal A > B > C combo is a good place to start. Do this with different characters. Figure out when it is optimal to use 4 Guard Cancel or 6 Guard Cancel and then what you should do after it. Since characters have different timing to their moves, you don't wanna GC and get caught in another combo. Test other things such as your characters crossups/clashes/otgs etc. There is a lot to experiment with.

Fiona? Just like, use Luck and use Excalibur; that's all you need, yo.

They've been saying that before I used Fire Elsa...

WELL YOU'RE NOT HELPING THE SITUATION NOW ARE YOU.

If you noticed what I said along with learning combos is movement/spacing. Defense is a huge part of the game as well. If you have no people offline to play with, that's when you go to training mode and use record. Start recording strings. A normal A > B > C combo is a good place to start. Do this with different characters. Figure out when it is optimal to use 4 Guard Cancel or 6 Guard Cancel and then what you should do after it. Since characters have different timing to their moves, you don't wanna GC and get caught in another combo. Test other things such as your characters crossups/clashes/otgs etc. There is a lot to experiment with.

Yeah, you'd think people would block on wake up, by, now too, right?

Blocking is for smelly foreigners

Real men mash on wakeup, it's the American way

Real men are baited and punished for mashing and get the shit kicked out of them by any character with oki.

Oh wait, that's like all of them.

TRUE men block when it's needed, DP when the opponent overcommits, and set you up all over the place.

Fiona? Just like, use Luck and use Excalibur; that's all you need, yo.

WELL YOU'RE NOT HELPING THE SITUATION NOW ARE YOU.

21rhu.jpg

Yeah, you'd think people would block on wake up, by, now too, right?

In this game it's hard to just stand there and try to block on wakeup. Since I mainly fight very good players, I've had to learn just to block. Time/Dark give stupid oki. Also most setups leave me backwards so trying to DP will just make me throw a "Ground 10" card. Long startup/recovery for that move. Even if am facing the right way, lag might make the input too slow and i'll get caught in something else.

Even after all that is said, I still do a lot of very stupid things in this game like not dodging Heart's air unblockable all the time.

I didn't mean you specifically, grav. :P

Also

BBQ:

who is this bbqsauce heart player who spams 4GC

like it's their job

it's just sorta annoying

when anytime I get him blocking

it's just 4GC

is bbqsauce legit?

just blow him up for it

kinda

lolllllllllllllll

you guys talking about BBQ?

lmfaaaaaaaaaaaaaao

stay free

lol

owned

lol

i don't get it

proto just bait

Keep blowing him the fuck up Andy.

Proto, I 4gc all day because you run the same string over and over and it continues to work. Nothing you've done was like "hey I shouldn't do this because he knows how to deal with it". One day maaaaybe :P

I didn't mean you specifically, grav. :P

I know. I'm just saying it's hard to people to stop pushing buttons in this game. Maybe the shiny meter bars make them wanna press shit and use random supers.

For the few UK/EU heads around here, Zen United announced a special "Fan Edition" for their AH3 PS3/360 disc release scheduled for 30th June 2011... ;D

http://store.blazbluegame.com/arcana-heart-3--sugoi-oppai-fans-edition-pre-order-462-p.asp

On top of the usual stuff from the already-announced Limited Edition (OST, Japanese Artbook, character cards), you also get an official artwork Mei-Fang booby mousemat... XD

Europe going in with the animefag loot... And I just preordered one... ;3

O-O~

Gonna be getting this for PS3 once PSN Store comes back online, you know, sometime in 2016 hopefully before Christmas. :vbang:

feelsbadman.jpg

Can't wait to not be able to decide who to main.

I'm debating between Saki and Scharl, considering I always seem to main Chain users/Hazama.

For the few UK/EU heads around here, Zen United announced a special "Fan Edition" for their AH3 PS3/360 disc release scheduled for 30th June 2011... ;D

http://store.blazbluegame.com/arcana-heart-3--sugoi-oppai-fans-edition-pre-order-462-p.asp

On top of the usual stuff from the already-announced Limited Edition (OST, Japanese Artbook, character cards), you also get an official artwork Mei-Fang booby mousemat... XD

Europe going in with the animefag loot... And I just preordered one... ;3

O-O~

I'd consider it, but, I already bought the JP copy and the PSN version.. I don't wanna spend 90 bucks on a game I own twice just for the artbook and mousepad(I don't think)

I don't think there's such thing as "JUST" the mousepad lol, if anything that's the ENTIRE reason to get it.

Hell if that hits before PSN comes back lol, might as well get that.