Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 3 New Thread: Gameplay, Netplay, Etc.

3 for a whole match? That is pretty steep indeed. Although I don't mind since that thing drives me up the wall(the sound) lol.

Edit: Looking at Heart's changes: would that reduction on j.C mean the j.A > j.C floating would no long work?

It's uncertain at this point, we don't know how drastic the reduction is. It's possible it'll still be there, just a much tighter. It's hard to say though. She has other ways of getting damage, you can still do the IAD combo, you can still jump after j4b. The bigger issue for me is the loss of jc > je, that's going to take ~700 off of all of her combos.

She also gets hit super hard by the change in neutral homing, because she won't get that crazy jump homing pressure. Of course you can still slingshot yourself across the screen and take advantage of her stupid air normals still.

EX Hisatsu Kick hitting low with the shockwave is a welcome change (it should have been like that to begin with). the EX Tekken Love Punch charge sounds like it would be useful.

Heart won't have problems getting in, she will do a bit less damage per combo, but she get some really nice tools. The games changing to make some of her tools not as useful, but I think she'll still be super scary.

I am not worried too much about Heart's maximum damage being reduced. j.E still puts a solid knockdown on the opponent. There are other benefits too. Ribbon Beam is one of my favorite attacks and having that with a faster start-up is just wonderful. I also think that the Heartful Punch follow-up, even on whiff, would help a guy like me. A person who gets a DP instead of a punch on occasion. It might help me salvage the situation rather than eating Kira's Atomic Collider > Coffin. Granted there's a whole lot I don't know about this game so I might just sound insane to some of you folks.

Edit: Forgot about those nice improvements to the drop kick as well. Very nice!

under Eko changes:

-Drawings are chargeable can be selected depending on how hard you hit the button

i don't know what this means

Somehow this is funny to me, imagining someone smashing their stick and yelling "FLOWER, DAMNIT, FLOWER!!"

I like Mei-Fang changes but honestly I don't have enough knowledge about how this game actually works to decide if it's enough to buy it.

So uh, I know it doesn't "matter", but have the interface and stages changed at all? I really liked AH3, but the stage selection was pretty boring, and none of the music was memorable.

The interface has changed, quite a bit actually.

As far as stage changes, the announcement for the loctest said they would be adding stuff to the stages, but I have no details on that.

Someone emailed examu asking for throwback stages/music in LM and got a pretty standard "We love the stages and music of the 1st Arcana Heart too. We wish they will be back someday. Please expect and wait.". So god knows what to expect from that.

We know there are a lot more colors (from the older games) on the LM loctest. (Keep in mind the arcade ver of AH3 only has colors 1-5. No DLC) so It's possible.

That'd be neat. Colors are the least of my worries, though more colors that don't drastically alter the characters hair colors would be nice. Not sure why all 'anime' fighter seem to think that's mandatory all the time. If there's another loctest in Tokyo, hopefully I hear about it ahead of time. I saw the sign for it on a machine at HEY the other day, and thought 'ooh, loctest?', and all it said was 'COMING THIS WINTER', or something.

Also, I'm terrible at this game and haven't played it at all since the US version came out, so my potential participation would serve to enlighten no one but myself. I hope they change the system mechanics in such a way that I'm not inexplicably totally incapable of ever defending against anything / it always seems like my attacks are slower than the opponents no matter who I'm fighting, even if I use Weiss. It'd be nice if they made Maori's combos a little less impossible to do in a real match. I probably spent 5 hours learning how to do one of them, until I could get it right like 50% of the time in training, but I never even came close to pulling it off once in a real match. Granted, the online lag was kind of weird...I'll stop rambling.

I just want Konoha to have better colors.

I want her 720 to be a tracking teleport ninja grab.

And her command grab super needs moar range.

I'm done.

If anyone in the Mid-West/East Coast area is still playing AH3 go ahead and add me on PSN

<----

<3 Arcana

I have you added but you always rape my ass ;~; You and Toan are AH3 bullies

...Kira's changes, I'm liking :kitty:

If anyone in the Mid-West/East Coast area is still playing AH3 go ahead and add me on PSN

<----

<3 Arcana

I try to play at least once a week. I'll add you on PSN later. Maybe I can set up a major casual event this weekend. I've been narrowly missing the opportunity to play with other friends of mine as well.

I have fallen out of playing fighters as regularly as I used to though. Waiting on CP is annoying.

I don't really play it much since the friend who was playing it with me quit. I'm not good, but i'll gladly play anyone ^_^.

<----

<3 Arcana

People have bad days, so perhaps that was the case, but i'd played you once, and sent a good game message after a loss, and never really received anything back.

<----

<3 Arcana

So you are netplaying again? That's nice. We should get some games in soon.

I have you added but you always rape my ass ;~; You and Toan are AH3 bullies

...Kira's changes, I'm liking :kitty:

Stop dodging me

You're one to talk about dodging Toan. :P Ya ya I hardly ever see you on.

Anyone else free Friday evening? I figure if I post about it ahead of time people can make arrangements. 7pm CST. Stream too probably.

So you are netplaying again? That's nice. We should get some games in soon.

Stop dodging me

I never see you online, Toan ;~;

I'd have to train again. Been a while since I touched the game.

Also, I need dem Kira strats

You're one to talk about dodging Toan. :P Ya ya I hardly ever see you on.

Anyone else free Friday evening? I figure if I post about it ahead of time people can make arrangements. 7pm CST. Stream too probably.

We always keep missing each other. Except for that one day where you messaged me and decided to play some game instead of netplaying AH3.

I never see you online, Toan ;~;

I'd have to train again. Been a while since I touched the game.

Also, I need dem Kira strats

Don't worry. I am free at this game. You can easily beat me.

Hey! I never got a reply back from you. You could have been training or afk for all I knew. I don't just barge into other people's games either. At least not usually. :)

Also, that game was Tales of Graces F. Been working on the platinum trophy. Game is ridiculously fun. Almost finished too! 10x damage can die in a fire though.