Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weeklies Redux! GG-BB-SG Tournaments

Family Fun Arcade

10363 Balboa Blvd.

Granada Hills, CA 91344

(818) 360-0419

Hitting the ground running from West Toast, BlazBlue is back and as strong as ever!

Next Tournament will be on Sunday, May 20th.

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:

Starts at 5PM.

$5 to enter, ($4 pot, $1 pool) 25c pay to play on arcade cabinet.

Double Elimination Bracket

2/3 Matches

Pot Split will be 75%/25% for <8 players; 70%/20%/10% for more.

Double Blind Character Selection available on request.

Winners must keep the same character, losers may couterpick.

If a button or stick problem occurs on the arcade cabinet, stop playing and notify me immediately, even before your round is over. I will fix the problem, and we will restart the round.

A PS2 port is available on the arcade cabinet, so feel free to bring your own controller. The button config cannot be changed and is set at the default console layout.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend:

Starts at 5PM

$8 to enter, ($4 pot, $3 house, $1 pool)

2/3 Matches

Winners must keep the same character, losers may couterpick.

In-game glitches are allowed as long as they do not "break" the game (i.e. characters float off the screen, disappear, the game crashes, etc.).

If a button or stick problem occurs, stop playing and notify the tournament organizer immediately (even before your round is over). We will restart the round with a new stick. Abuses of this system will cause a forfeit of the match.

If the player accidently pauses in the middle of the game, they will forfeit that round (we can look the other way if it was in the middle of a super animation).

SkullGirls:

Starts at 5PM.

$6 to enter ($3 pot, $3 house)

2/3 rounds (1v1 matches), 2/3 Matches

Winners must keep the same characters (but may change order and assists), losers may couterpick.

If a button or stick problem occurs on the arcade cabinet, stop playing and notify me immediately, even before your round is over. I will fix the problem, and we will restart the round.

We will also be holding a fundraiser to buy a new arcade board that we would never in our right minds get. I will be taking $1 from the pots of each tournament and putting it into a pool to purchase a new game. The new game we will be saving up for will be Under Night In-Birth. If for some reason, it is not reasonable to purchase UNIB (i.e. if it comes out on console before we can get it), then we will review how to use the money. It will most likely be used in purchasing another upcoming game, like BlazBlue 3.

I'll see you guys there!

I'm rebooting the old stats! (I still have the results saved on my PC if anybody wants to see them)

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:

A.B.A: -

Anji: -

Axl: Jason D.

Baiken: Id

Bridget: -

Chipp: -

Dizzy: -

Eddie: Takaya

Faust: -

I-No: Fuck Life

Jam: -

Johnny: -

Ky: Takaya

May: -

Millia: -

Order-Sol: The Bandit King

Potemkin: Mike Z.

Robo-Ky: Takaya

Slayer: -

Sol: DQRF

Testament: Nadnerb

Venom: -

Zappa: LOVAGE

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend:

Arakune:

Bang:

Carl:

Haku-men:

Hazama:

Jin:

Λ -11-:

Litchi:

μ -12-:

Makoto:

Noel:

Platinum:

Rachel:

Ragna:

Relius:

Tager:

Toakaka:

Valkenhayn:

Tsubaki:

Quick notices:

BB arcade is now 25c per play.

We now have KoFXIII at 50c per play.

We also have SSF4:AE at $1 per play.

EDIT: This is an old post. For those of you who care, AE is now 50c.

Some noted differences:

BB is now $5 to enter, down from $7.

GG is now $3 to enter, up from $2.

There's something we might do new for this season. I'm considering, on select games, of taking $1 and keeping it in a fund. The fund will possibly go towards plane tickets for an SBO qualifier. If we have started the fund and SBO is not a possibility (either because we couldn't collect enough money, or because the qualifiers are not available), we will hold a big tournament with the fund as the grand prize. Let me know what you guys think about that.

LOL

what games would anyone possibly be interested in that SBO is holding?

I guess they're prob doing GG

GG, BB, AH3 and MBAA, probably. I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Some noted differences:

BB is now $5 to enter, down from $7.

GG is now $3 to enter, up from $2.

There's something we might do new for this season. I'm considering, on select games, of taking $1 and keeping it in a fund. The fund will possibly go towards plane tickets for an SBO qualifier. If we have started the fund and SBO is not a possibility (either because we couldn't collect enough money, or because the qualifiers are not available), we will hold a big tournament with the fund as the grand prize. Let me know what you guys think about that.

Are you mad? What? Do you want to make Mike Z. any richer?

GG, BB, AH3 and MBAA, probably. I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Out of those four, the only game that FFA has up to date (arcade ver) is GG

Out of those four, the only game that FFA has up to date (arcade ver) is GG

Holding an SBO qualifying tournament on a non-arcade cabinet is not unheard of. We've done it before for Melty Blood Act Cadenza.

As for CS2, the only way for a US arcade to get it is when the console version comes out, and we'll be running tournaments on CS2 once it's updated, for sure.

We've had a lot of SBO qualifiers in the past, and i'd like to start bringing that back (especially now that the criteria is easier to be a hosting arcade).

What, no Ougon Musou Kyoku? ' ^ '

A better question is "Does anyone have a laptop that can run it?"

^^^

UWAAA!

Good find!

Good to know this is will continue. So many games. Love the new entrance fees!

LOL practicing in KoF13 more often and JJBA (Console). Maybe I'll run a side tourney for both...

I <3 Arcana Heart. Can't wait to play AH3.

Good to know this is will continue. So many games. Love the new entrance fees!

LOL practicing in KoF13 more often and JJBA (Console). Maybe I'll run a side tourney for both...

I'm talking with some of the SNK community to see what we can do about KoFXIII tournaments. It'll probably be a whole SNK related day of tournaments similar to how I do airdashers. The line-up will probably be something like: KoFXIII, KOF2k2:UM, Garou:MotW, and something else.

http://shoryuken.com/f24/ffa-looking-tournament-organizers-261803/

There's a lot this year, and I can't do it all on my own, so I'm asking around for help from the individual communities.

P.S. SSF4:AE is now 50c /play

Whoops, I already said that AE is 50c now. I must be growing old >.<

I might as well use this space to link to http://shoryuken.com/f24/ffa-looking...nizers-261803/.

I really want to get tournaments started for more than just airdasher stuff. If you're interested in any of those other games, PM me and I'll get you in contact with the crowd who will be working on it. They need all the help they can get for other games.