Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weeklies Redux! GG-BB-SG Tournaments

Wow, I must've missed a lot of good stuff and tournaments while I was away.

Anyway, sorry for posting this pretty late from last thursday gg's to Raptor in BBCS & GG too. Oh and yeah, I'll make sure I'll bring my stick too this week for some AH3 action.

Casuals tomorrow!

I'm trying to get a direct feed going from the guilty gear cabinet, so I can record some matches. We'll see how that works.

We're still working on getting the new Melty Blood up and running. It'll take some time.

Hope everyone is ready for the tournaments this Sunday! See you all there.

MK 9 is due next tuesday. How soon would the 1st tourney be?

Probably May 8th. We'll see. I'm talking to someone who wants to hold regular bi-weekly tournaments, and they'll probably happen every other Sunday.

I wish it were true but Sunday was just not my day. I wasn't feeling it at all.

悔しい! 悔しい! く-や-し-い~~~~!!!!

Feels good to come out on top in GGXAC for once. It was somewhat bitter sweet since VS was cancelled. I just want to say, that I've been glued to my PS 3 ever since the new MK game came out. Love it to death and can't wait for the tourneys. 2011 looks like it's going to be a great year for fighting games. ^_^

I had a lot of fun from playing GG, KOFXIII, BBCS, and MK9 last night. That Taokaka player, I played last night, had me running with some good shits. My props to that Tao player. This year is going to be epic. Get hyped for EVO 2011! :)

I had a lot of fun from playing GG, KOFXIII, BBCS, and MK9 last night. That Taokaka player, I played last night, had me running with some good shits. My props to that Tao player. This year is going to be epic. Get hyped for EVO 2011! :)

That was Seungpyo. He's really fucking good at every fighter he plays, but he hasn't entered any tournaments in a while.

PLAY MELTY BLOOD ACTRESS AGAIN CURRENT CODE!! It's the only MBAACC arcade cabinet in the whole of the United States! Let's get some good matches on it and get hyped for the upcoming tournaments!

P.S. A thread for casual matches and meetings for GG, BB, MB and AH.

So I was thinking about a reformat of our tournaments. Let me know what you guys think:

We run tournaments every other week, but the games change. All games would start at 5pm.

Example:

Week 1: Guilty Gear & BlazBlue

Week 3: Arcana Heart & Melty Blood

Week 5: Guilty Gear & BlazBlue

Week 7: Arcana Heart & Melty Blood

etc.

I think that having tournaments for each game less frequently, and at the better time of 5pm, would help attendance for each game.

With fewer games per tournament, it would be less costly for those players who enter everything. And for those players who only enter one or two games, it would be cheaper as well, since you'd only be entering those tournaments once every 4 weeks.

Because of this potential increase in attendance, as well as the tournaments being less costly, we could feasibly up the price on the tournaments, which would yield bigger pots.

What I would consider for the new pricing would be:

Guilty Gear: $5 entry, plus putting quarters in the machine.

BlazBlue: $7 entry: $5 pot, $2 house

Arcana Heart: $5 entry: $3 pot, $2 house

Melty Blood: $5 entry, plus putting quarters in the machine.

Let me know what you guys think. This would not apply to MvC3. I might work something else out there, but the MvC3 tournaments are practically independent of these. The May 1st tournament will continue to go as planned, if we implemented these changes, they wouldn't start until May 15th.

I've been getting a bunch of responses from talking to people personally and through PMs. It's mostly positive for the new changes, but there's been some concerns.

Mostly, that we might not get enough people for Arcana and Melty, or that the Guilty players wouldn't get exposed to those games.

Addressing that, here's my take on it:

Arcana Heart 3 has just been localized and released, so I'm hoping that more people will get into it (If PSN can get back up and running >.>). I've been talking to some people over at homingcancel.com, who mostly live pretty far away, and I think more people would be interested in coming if it didn't happen as often. A couple people there have said that they like the idea of the tournaments being at 5pm and once a month.

As for Melty Blood, a lot of people have been getting into it since we've gotten the arcade cabinet. I was just playing Numakie last night, known for getting in 8th place at Evo. When I started Melty Blood tournaments a long time ago, we had a bunch of famous Melty players (like HF-Blade, and Xie [who is still a regular for tournaments]). I think most players would be up for driving an hour to get to FFA if they only had to do it once a month.

Guilty Gear I'm not worried about, lol. It's going to do well no matter what we do.

BlazBlue is getting ready to pick up again. CS2 is coming out mid-May, along with Platinum.

Hopefully these changes will boost attendance. Bigger tournaments are more fun, you get to meet more players, and (if you win) it's more rewarding! So let's try this out and see what happens.

As for those of you who live nearby and would be up for showing up to both Guilty/BlazBlue and Arcana/Melty, the Sunday tournaments would still be a great day to play casual matches in the games that we're not running tournaments for. This can help bring in new interested players for the other games as well, so players would still be exposed to the other games during the other tournaments.

I won't completely decide until after I've talked to a lot more people during Sunday's tournament.

P.S. I'll also probably reset the best of characters list when we start this.

New format! First page has been updated, check it out!

The next tournament will be Guilty Gear and BlazBlue CS2, and it will start on May 29th, both games at 5pm!

Tell your friends, and anyone you know who plays either game. Let's make this huge!

Nice. Anyhow, do you have any idea if the PS3 online is back on or no?

Not yet.

Any chance FFA will pick up Aquapazza?

Lol, no.

We're more likely to get AH3 than Aquapazza.

Is there a tournament this sunday?

No, it will be on Sunday, May 29th.

This week will consist of Guilty Gear Accent Core and BlazBlue Continuum Shift II. Both at 5pm.

Did you guys ever get a second stick for the PS3 or is it still bring your own stick for the tournies?

It's always been bring your own stick, lol. Please bring in your own sticks! I've just been bringing my own stick and letting people use mine.

Gettin' hype!

Hope to see you guys there for the tournament!

Also, anybody live near Glendale? I know someone who might need a ride to the tournament.

Aw, I'm barely gonna be arriving in SoCal sunday evening. There's no way I'll be able to go this time.