Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

FFA Airdasher Bi-weeklies Redux! GG-BB-SG Tournaments

Hey guys, just an update on what's going on:

1st: I have been incredibusy with school and work. I'm also hosting SF4+MvC3 and KoFXIII+MK9 tournaments, but will be passing the torch to some other people soon. Since I've been so busy, I've been neglecting updating this thread, but I do have all of the previous results and info. I will be posting all of it as soon as I have more time.

2nd: I have been collecting the money for the arcade pool so far, and I'll be posting all of the details when I get more time, too.

3rd: The airdasher tournaments ARE STILL GOING ON, every other Sunday. I will at least try and update the first post to reflect when the next tournament will be. FYI, the next tournament will be on March 4th.

4th: I will be changing the time for Guilty Gear tournaments from 2PM to 5PM. There had been some confusion about the times before. I will just be making it 5PM from now on.

5th: Also, some of you may have noticed I changed the price of BlazBlue. We decided on a policy to make the house cost $3 per person for all tournaments. This was decided a little bit before West Toast, and I just implemented it last tournament. What I'm going to do, though is take $1 from the house fee and put it into the arcade pool. So, BB pricing is as follows: $8 entry ($4 pot, $2 house, $2 pool).

I'll see you guys this weekend!

FFA can't get P4:U until console release, because it's Nesica Live exclusive and we can't run it. So we'll hopefully be getting Under Night In-Birth...assuming it's not the same story.

Also, there's supposed to be a local tourney this Sunday, is there not? Because I'm itching for some GG.

Some EFZ and Akatsuki would be nice too. I'll bring 'em.

FFA can't get P4:U until console release, because it's Nesica Live exclusive and we can't run it. So we'll hopefully be getting Under Night In-Birth...assuming it's not the same story.

Also, there's supposed to be a local tourney this Sunday, is there not? Because I'm itching for some GG.

Some EFZ and Akatsuki would be nice too. I'll bring 'em.

Aye, April 1st, this Sunday, is our next tournament. Everything starts at 5.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, I have just been swamped with school and life. If I don't post regularly, the next tournament will always be in 2 weeks, unless I state otherwise. Also, I've still been hosting Friday night casuals, and we've been getting some great action in GG, MB, BB, and sometimes PC fighters. If you're itching to play or learn, Fiday night is the time to show!

Our tournaments have been very slow lately, due to them falling on the same day as big events. They should start picking up with this tournament. Because of that, we are very low on our Arcade pool money. Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena is NESiCA x LIVE exclusive, so we can't get the game in the US. Under Night In-Birth, however, is not on the Taito X2 board, it is on the Ring-Edge board, and so it won't be Japan exclusive (so we can get that for sure). The Ring-Edge board is Sega's equivalent to the Taito X series. With the Ring-Edge board, you can actually update the game through a USB port that will install on boot-up. You can even download the updates online (like we've been doing for MB)! If for some reason it takes us a really long time to raise enough money, and UNIB is out on console already, we'll re-evaluate how to spend the money. Until then, it looks like UNIB is what we're heading towards.

Also This:

West Toast XVI

Had some fun great matches with everyone. Thanks to DQRF for bringing Eternal Fighter Zero, Akatsuki Blitzkampf and Immaterial and Missing Power.

The next tournament will be on April 15th. Hope to see you guys there!

Since Skull Girls will be out by this tourney. We'll have a Skull Girls tournament, too!

We might be live streaming this. I've got a guy who's been wanting to stream our stuff, and he says he might make it. I'll post up with more details if he can make it.

See you guys there, I'm pretty hyped for SkullGirls!

I added SkullGirls to the first post. I've also officially edited how we will spend the arcade pool.

If anyone can bring in a PS3, that would be greatly appreciated. I only have one, and I would like to have SkullGirls and BlazBlue running simultaneously.

Holy crap that was awesome!

We had 11 people for Guilty Gear. Here's the results:

Guilty Gear:

1st Place: Mike Z. [Potemkin]

2nd: Takaya [Robo-Ky/Eddie/Ky]

3rd: Jason D. [Axl]

4th: Robo Kymaro [Robo-Ky]

6th: Id [baiken]

6th: DQRF [sol]

8th: The Bandit King [Order-Sol]

8th: Fuck Life [i-No]

11th: LOVAGE [Zappa]

11th: Nadnerb [Robo-Ky/Testament]

11th: TheRealBobMan [i-No]

A.B.A: -

Anji: -

Axl: Jason D.

Baiken: Id

Bridget: -

Chipp: -

Dizzy: -

Eddie: Takaya

Faust: -

I-No: Fuck Life

Jam: -

Johnny: -

Ky: Takaya

May: -

Millia: -

Order-Sol: The Bandit King

Potemkin: Mike Z.

Robo-Ky: Takaya

Slayer: -

Sol: DQRF

Testament: Nadnerb

Venom: -

Zappa: LOVAGE

Great games everyone! Thanks to GLHFTV for hosting the SkullGirls casuals stream. Trevor should be back again in 2 weeks to stream more fights. It was great seeing a bunch of you guys again.

I'm still doing airdasher casuals every Friday night. We're playing Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, BlazBlue, and now SkullGirls. Hopefully some of you guys can come down.

Our current arcade pool is now at $51. We still have a long ways to go before we can make a dent in paying for a new arcade board, but every dollar counts. Come down for the tournaments and help out the community!

The next tournament will be on April 29th, again all at 5pm. If anyone can bring a PS3, it would be greatly appreciated. See you then!

Also, don't forget that West Toast XVI is coming up! Get Hype!

I'll bring Moe Fighter, Jewpuncher and Bullet Hell Fighter next time.

I also have Pokemon Type Wild, Hinokakera (3.00), Vanguard Princess, Wonderful World, Big Bang Beat, #Reload, Acceleration of Suguri 2 (1.00), and a few other poverty fighters on this thing if people are interested.

yo this shit was fun. guilty gear is the tightest. once this game comes out on psn/xbox these biweeklies are gonna be poppin!

edit: how much do new arcade boards cost?

For what we're going for, be it Under Night In-Birth, or BlazBlue 3 or whatever, it'll be around $2000. If we get enough, the owner of FFA might cover the difference.

Edit: Oh yeah, and we brought back BlazBlue (CS1) in arcade.

Strong chance of another TMNT Tournament Fighters Tourney on May 26th. Not sure, but we'll see!

Hey, been busy with Finals, I'll post the results soon.

I'm rescheduling the bi-weeklies so that they don't fall on the same weekend as RebelUp. I know a lot of people had trouble making it because of the scheduling. The next tournament will be on May 19th.

Like, today? A day when most people will be at SanoCon? You should have made it tomorrow...

Hey guys, I should have posted this a long time ago to give you some notice, but I just got busy and forgot. Video Games Live still has tickets for their LA show on Wednesday June 6th at 8:00PM. They've announced Earthworm Jim, Journey, Pokemon, StarFox, Aerith's theme, and Street Fighter, among other things (as far as I know, that's all new for LA, except for Street Fighter which they premiered last year). Tickets are as cheap as around $30 with fees. I already got a VIP pass because they have a pre-show party with a bunch of guests that I wanted to try to talk to about game design (like Tim Schafer), but I think those are sold out at this point. If you're going to E3 you might want to pick up tickets since you're going to be there anyway (concert is right across the street), and if you got screwed over by their customer service like I did and aren't getting a pass, this concert is good enough to make up for it. I've been like 5 times already. I'd offer to buy people tickets just so I wouldn't be there alone, but I can't afford it right now due to budget issues that have come up.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2C004867DA6F51E9?brand=aeglive

So.... Guilty Gear Accent Core: REVENGENCE

Who's excited for the changes? Raoh gets aerial Last Edguy. :vbang: