Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Sapphire

GGAC Bi-weekly RANBATS @ Lovegety Station - Toronto, Ontario

Now that BB is dead and GG is back in the spotlight, let's get this show on the road. :toot:

GGAC Ranbats

Lovegety Station @ Highway 7 & Leslie, inside the Commerce Gate Plaza in Markham (Ontario, Canada). Lovegety is an arcade supporting japanese style head2head cabinets.

Schedule

- Fridays @ 8pm sharp on a biweekly basis starting Feb 4th.

- Season ends April 29th. 7 sessions total.

Format

- Double Elim @ $2 entry each session. Season payout @ 70/20/10.

- Best of 1 game per normal match, each game is 3/5 rounds.

- Best 2/3 grand finals, each game is 3/5 rounds.

- Character locked per session.

Point System

1st - 10

2nd - 7

3rd - 5

4th - 4

5th - 3

5th - 3

1 point for participation for anyone who didn't place top 5.

Current Ranking

24 - Jabir

23 - Tim

21 - Almighty ME

19 - K2

15 - AN Champ

12 - Magus

9 - Roldy

9 - Master Kou

1 - Kumori

1 - Hanz

1 - Asdferty

1 - Kyle

1 - Unsanctifier

i am in, but i don't have 7 top tier to abuse nazir =\

Yo daaamn. I wish I could make it to all of these. Good shit getting that going. Come to more U.S. tournaments! I'll be at Winter Brawl, Final Round, Evo, and probably more this year.

Yo daaamn. I wish I could make it to all of these. Good shit getting that going. Come to more U.S. tournaments! I'll be at Winter Brawl, Final Round, Evo, and probably more this year.

The funds....the fuuuunnnnnnnnddddddddsssssss

*sez the guy going to Japan*

I'm gonna use this thread as the results thread as well.

GGGAC Session#1 [13 players]

1. Almighty ME (JA)

2. JDest (SL)

3. Magus (SL)

4. Master Kou (RO)

5. Tim (TE)

5. AN Champ (TE)

7. K2 (BR)

7. Kumori (OS)

9. Hanz (RO)

9. Roldy (VE)

9. Asdferty (SO)

9. Kyle (MI)

13. Unsanctifier (SL)

Highlight of the tourney was Unsanc vs K2. 8 people side-bet on this match, SL vs BR, and BR takes it ftw! To be honest I was expecting SL to beast hard and then K2 makes a rage comeback, but it was a solid victory for BR.

Shouts:

- Roldy for playing like ass LOL. I guess you were worn out by school by the time the tourney started + no food.

- Hermes and AN champ for having the most intense game. Even though it was bad matchup for hermes, he still hyped it up so hard. I felt like I was watching Steve H for a moment LOL. Props Kou.

- Cambridge for coming out again. Notice how nobody plays BB anymore? You guys need to get on dat GG tip! You have all the help you need here, ask us anything.

- Hanz I haven't seen you play in a long time but surprisingly your RO has improved. Keep playing ninja!

- Unsanc... Idk man lol. Alot of us were discussing your game and agreed that you should drop slayer and play someone else. You're getting nowhere with him and doesn't seem like you're learning the game properly, just being spoiled by top tier. Again, whatever character you decide, we're all here to back you up!

- K2 for rage-picking BR LOL.

About the tourney format : I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Alot of you guys are asking for team ranbat, and this is just confusing the shit out of me. Do you guys understand the purpose of a ranbat? The purpose of a ranbat is to rank each individual player's skill level. So team ranbat is entirely defeating that primary purpose, because as we all know very well, most people here get carried. I will not be switching the format to teams without any solid arguments. Also, I had posted the format weeks before the tourney, and nobody said shit. Seems most people enjoyed their time anyways. No point fixing something that ain't broke ninjas.

I will keep the rankings updated on the first post.

Next session : Feb 18.

i can pick another cahracter next ranbat right?

On second thought, singles is good. I wish it could be round robin but that would take forever. Just make sure that next ranbat, nobody plays the same people (I should not be facing asdferty and Tim again).

u lost to Tom??

goodshit cambridge

u lost to Tom??

goodshit cambridge

It was a close game...I baited his reversal, but then he uses grand viper T_T

GGAC #2 (8 players)

1. Tim (PO)

2. Jabir (SL)

3. Almighty ME (CH)

4. Kousaka (RO)

5. K2 (BR)

5. Roldy (VE)

7. AN Champ (TE)

7. Magus (SL)

Sorry I've been so busy I forgot to post results. First post updated with overall rankings.