Sign in to follow this  
Raiza57

The fundamentals of blazblue

I was playing BBCS online (yeah I know) and I realized that some people seem be lacking the fundamentals so I will make a list of all of them for the benefit of the community.

OFFENSIVE FUNDALMENTALS: These are the techniques you will use with any character to attack efficiently

-PRESSURE GAME- This includes everything from block strings to mix-up. You need to master this with your character so that way u can actually have the opportunity to land a clean hit to start your combo.

-HIT CONFIRM- The ability to get a combo off of a random sometimes a unrealistic hit

-APPROACH- The ability to get across the screen safely to the opposing player

-COMBO CHOICE- This also falls under decision making but this is a little more specific. This is the decision of what combo you will do when u land an optimal hit. This decision is based on what you want at the end of your combo. Common goals and the end of a combo vary between control (oki), damage (yomi I believe), and tech traps (gimmicks).

DEFENSIVE FUNDALMENTALS: How you defend while you’re being attacked.

-BLOCKING- This is pretty self explanatory but I’ll go into detail any way. This includes ALL forms of blocking which are regular blocking, instant blocking (IB), and barrier blocking. This also is your ability to block mix-up like lows and highs. And lastly the ability break grabs these all go under blocking.

-REVERSALS- These are moves that have invincibility that can be used to MAKE an opening in someone’s pressure game u just have to learn how to use them properly and when to use them at the LEAST risky time (it is always risky) this also includes counter assaults.

-PUNISHING/ANTI-AIRS-Punishing is when you make an opponent pay for making a stupid decision in there gunplay i.e. full screen random super. The most common way of punishing is to do your strongest most unrealistic combo available to you at the moment.

-SPACING- This is simply safely distancing yourself from your enemy for safety purpose.

-WAKING UP/RECOVERY- Now this is I want to say the most important fundamental of them all cause if you wake up/recover wrong u can expect some big damage from your opponent. There 7 ways to recover in Blazblue. These 7 ways are: forward aerial tech, backward aerial, neutral aerial tech, emergency tech, forward roll, backword tech, and finally neutral ground tech (standing straight up). Lastly what you do on wake up is very important the options you have on wake up against someone NOT playing oki is: jumping, attacking, reversals, blocking, grabing and anti-air attacks. And wakeup options against someone who are playing oki is: blocking and reversals that’s all.

NEUTRAL FUNDAMENTALS: Fundamentals that apply and are required to execute all fundamentals

-DECISION MAKING- Plain and simple making good or bad choices in any situation.

-REACTION SPEED- The speed of which u can SEE something and do something about it. This means NO prediction, prediction is guessing.

This list is here to help everyone who doesn't know the fundamentals or simply forgot them.

If anyone needs me to elaborate on any of these fundamentals post here and I’ll explain to the best of my abilities. I hope this thread helps everyone. Sorry if I was unclear before.

if you need more elaboration you can go to page 9

Edited by Raiza57

Don't hit confirm, blocking, punishing/anti airs all fall under reaction?

all fundamentals involve reaction but there all there own catogories with more specific stuff about them

Don't hit confirm, blocking, punishing/anti airs all fall under reaction?

Interesting that you brought up anti-airs. A lot of people use them incorrectly.

Either as spam or improperly timed, allowing moves with large vertical hitboxes to really kill them in recovery. I know of a lot of people that will make their anti-air spamming obvious within the first couple of matches, and it's actually a hard-to-break habit too. It ends up becoming one of the main reasons why those same people break down easily.

Yeah, I just wanted to clarify. IB will be less "absolutely must do at all times" in CS2, I believe, but in CS1 it's a truly broken mechanic and probably deserves its own space.

I was playing bbcs online (yeah i know) and i realized that some people seem be lacking the fundamentals so i decided to make a list of all of them for the benifit of the community.

Offensive fundalmentals

-pressure game

-hit confirm

-approach

-combo choice

defensive fundalmentals

-blocking

-reversals

-punishing/anti-airs

-spacing

-waking up

neutral fundalmentals

-decision making

-reaction speed

This list is here to help everyone who doesn't know the fundamentals or simply forgot them.

if anyone needs me to elaborate on any of these fundamentals post here and i explain to the best of my abilities. I hope this thread helps everyone

Please don't use the Internet anymore.

fundamentals of any and EVERY fighting game

SF2

close this thread already

Edited by mr.mortified

Yeah hey this thread is stupid.

It's just a list of things. No advice, no guide, not even a fucking link. Just a list of things that are important in fighting games. If you wanted to be good, you'd know all these things exist already, and you'd probably have a lead on learning more. If you don't give a shit, then this thread is even more useless.

I don't even need to point out how hilariously wrong it is that you're posting this, but I'll do it anyway just to be an asshole.

My inability to delete this thread will make me cry myself to sleep tonight,

I am gonna leave this here:

Raiza you should not have made this thread...someone like you who have spent this much time on BB netplay should not have did this.

You also spelled fundamentals wrong and copy pasted it.

How are you gonna look professional and helpful after that?

Please quit this game son you already lost.

I sooner expect dacidbro to make this thread and then get blown up than you anyways.

I'm so glad someone else called that out... I was really tempted.

Edit - Or nine people, whatever. Fast swarm is fast.

I was also a bit lost on the references to footsies, hit confirm, reversals and wake up - but no mention of recovery, recovery trapping, oki, gatling, RCs, IB, Barrier, CAs, etc. Is that partly ripped from a SRK thread? The language seems strictly SFish.

Edited by Supa

Yeah, I just wanted to clarify. IB will be less "absolutely must do at all times" in CS2, I believe, but in CS1 it's a truly broken mechanic and probably deserves its own space.

so now you understand why norcal loses to you for free. :)

i believe you, i just never heard you say it.

you should try third strike sometime.

What do you mean "now I understand", I've been saying that shit from Day 1. Why do you think I mash so fucking hard?

why u mad.

i think i'll actually make a helpful post for once.

Mandatory Videos for ALL NETPLAYERS TO WATCH:

In regards to your zoning/controlling space section:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFTvXXoDNRA

In regards to knowing what to do about being knockdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx6Z5VGsBw4

And a punish guide and playing more solid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXB8xHLA0To

And here's one about hit confirming (This applies even better to BB because of longer block strings and better ability to switch between highs and lows):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDMboPnznJc

NOTE: These are SF4 tutorials, but as any fighting game advocate will tell you, the mechanics transcend between games.

Solid guide otherwise. Nice work.

i better not hear the word Priority again lol

A list of terms does not sufficiently correlate to helping people in any way.

I was gonna say that, but it seems that others have already pointed it out.

I am sorry to all the players in whom this thread has negativly affected which im pretty sure all of you are good but this thread is not for people who already know what the fundamentals are this thread isnt a discussion thread if you dont need help or intend to help other players dont post cause u do not need any help. i just wanna try to help the community by posting a list o the basic stuff that any good player needs and helping any player who comes to this thread and ask for help or for an explaniation of that certain fundalmental. i dont think yall realize pro's and good players arn't the only one to get on this site there are lower level players who want help and need to know where to start.

edit: by the way i copied and posted the 1st thread cause my computer screen goes white while im on that make me lose my post mid way though

Edited by Raiza57

Yeah, I really don't think it was necessary to completely berate and destroy this thread, but that's cool. The mods did it, so I guess it's fine.

Would it kill anyone to just try to be helpful instead?

I am sorry to all the players in whom this thread has negativly affected which im pretty sure all of you are good but this thread is not for people who already know what the fundamentals are this thread isnt a discussion thread if you dont need help or intend to help other players dont post cause u do not need any help. i just wanna try to help the community by posting a list o the basic stuff that any good player needs and helping any player who comes to this thread and ask for help or for an explaniation of that certain fundalmental. i dont think yall realize pro's and good players arn't the only one to get on this site there are lower level players who want help and need to know where to start.

edit: by the way i copied and posted the 1st thread cause my computer screen goes white while im on that make me lose my post mid way though

You are a disgrace to grammar, a net-player, and a complete and utter moron. You helped nobody except people like me to become a few minutes closer to death due to stress on the mind.

Yes, it would kill us to be nice all the fuckin' time. Do you know why people? We have threads for people to ask questions, beginner guides, character specific threads, even an entire thread for every single match-up from either character's point of view. We have threads by people like Lord Knight who are known in the community, who offer real advice and can also communicate in a non retarded manner.

You are a dirty moron, Raiza. Again, you have helped nobody. As it was said before but clearly needs to be reiterated - listing a bunch of terms doesn't do shit. You have no obligation to be writing a noob guide, nor the qualification. You are NOT helping the community in anyway by making a hurr-durr thread of what we already probably have other threads by people of respectable levels.

I hope one day you sit down on Bang-nail and catch on fire forever.

Edited by unsanctifier