Sign in to follow this  
Raiza57

The fundamentals of blazblue

And to stick bug the video thing sounds like a good idea ima see what i can do btw bang has nonthing to do with my fundamentals, these fundamentals aplies to basicaly the player not the character.

A lot of the 'fundamentals' you have listed differ from character to character:

-Pressure/Mix-up > Hit-confirm > Combo Choice

-Neutral

-Blocking > character specific answers...

Almost everyone that's curious about these things would be looking for information on a character by character basis.

The Bang comment was also aimed at the fact that Bang is auto-pilot in terms of a lot of your 'fundamentals', so having you explain things from a Bang player's perspective wouldn't really help someone playing Tsubaki or Tager. You'd pretty much have to write/record a guide for each respective character in terms of 'fundamentals' and combos. I wouldn't trust you making a guide for Lambda... no offense.

Also, I'm not trolling, but in the future when you write something up like this, copy and paste your post into word and grammar/spell-check. More people will take you seriously if you actually put some time into writing something up that's aimed at better helping the community. If you want people to read your post, it's your responsibility to make it readable.

You are correct some of these things can come down to character specific answers which I cannot provide an appropriate response to. But on the other hand some things are in need of vague answers and over all solutions. I am just trying to provide a base answer to your problem. It’s actually still up to the player themselves to figure a way to execute the solution with their own character. Most problems have the same solution just there are different ways they must be performed with different characters

Lol @ 100's of people coming in ignoring the point of the thread and just flaming the shit out of Raiza

I don't care if he was Osama Bin Laden, there could be use for this thread. Huey is the perfect example, takes the time to post some extremely good videos. Maybe someone saw this thread with a glint in his eye, like "today's the day I'm going to get good at fighting games!" then he opens it up and realizes DLoop community is just a piece of garbage (except EC, I know that most EC jumped in here just to get it in)

Anyway, I hate most of you, a lot

It is like a lot of us are saying the same thing me and a few others before me have said. Wonderful.

Also, I don't get the calvin and chevy logo reference. :(

Raiza, Yomi is not damage. It's more like mindgames or something.

And shouldn't there be a zoning section/

Dusk to slove your anti-air problems you should wait till they swing not wait till they get close.

There's so much shit wrong with this that I can't even begin to formulate a post.

Bluntly put, doing that will result in me getting hit and taking damage I can't afford to take.

Rofl, why is everyone so negative toward raiza? You people need to realize that even though he plays online, the only difference is combo timing... Net players still, day-by-day, gain better understanding of pressure, blocking, improve reaction and anticipation. I can bet he will own the same people he can own online, offline, after 1 hour of practice in no input delay environment.

Instant block laughs at your assertions that netplay is anything like offline.

Edited by Dusk Thanatos

Instant block laughs at your assertions that netplay is anything like offline.

IB is possible online on good connections though. If you're playing mainly 3/4 bars, the main thing that will fuck you up offline is the tv's input delay or switch to another system.

People might not notice it, but the difference between playing an XBOX 360 on a CRT, an XBOX 360 on a HD with AV cable, an X360 on a HD with VGA, an X360 on a HD with HDMI is huge. Can't say about the other types of TVs since I haven't tried those.

VGA has very little lag on HDTVs. I can pretty much use almost the exact same timings on CRT and VGA.

Seeing how my character is very hot on timing stuff(lvl 3 drives, level 1 drives), I can tell whenever there's the slightest bit of input delay on the TV.

Here's a good read.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=558125

Lol @ 100's of people coming in ignoring the point of the thread and just flaming the shit out of Raiza

I don't care if he was Osama Bin Laden, there could be use for this thread. Huey is the perfect example, takes the time to post some extremely good videos. Maybe someone saw this thread with a glint in his eye, like "today's the day I'm going to get good at fighting games!" then he opens it up and realizes DLoop community is just a piece of garbage (except EC, I know that most EC jumped in here just to get it in)

無駄だ。

TBH it's a good idea... but he went about it the wrong way.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen netplayers look like they're mashing their controllers with their face, but for some reason they know how to combo. People tend to ignore actual gameplay: why X player did Y answer in Z situation... but I guess that's easy to understand when all that's talked about on these forums is combo theory. Players just see a cool combo in gamechariot videos and ignore what comes before it. This is where online/practice mode/console do more damage than actual good, but I won't get into that here.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to post common sense but it just goes un-read/ignored. When some people try to help the community with ideas they just get blown up for it (like now) and the stupid cycle continues of bad play never being pointed out to bad players.

I can't tell you I've never made fun of people or made troll posts before (because I have), but those weren't legit topics (how to block and match-up chart threads come to mind)... this COULD BE a legit topic/project, but it won't get anywhere if people just shoot it down.

I know West Coast can record and edit video and I know that I can record and edit... so what's the next step?

I know West Coast can record and edit video and I know that I can record and edit... so what's the next step?

Getting the players who actually know stuff solidly.

I.E., likely not me

Stickbug If you and dacidbro want to take this thread further please be my guess i just trying to get people to have the help to improve. And to answer the yomi question i truely believe yomi is damage without regard for anything else, what you named is gimmicks.

And to answer the yomi question i truely believe yomi is damage without regard for anything else, what you named is gimmicks.

lolwhat

someone hand this man a fighting game dictionary

define yomi then dusk, this is prime example if i dont know help me learn.

anticipating what your opponent is going to do and then reacting to it

for example in litchi vs bang bang is pressuring litchi in the corner and predicts she's going to jump out so he does TK command grab and wins the match and everyone is hype and there is confetti and shit everywhere

Stickbug If you and dacidbro want to take this thread further please be my guess i just trying to get people to have the help to improve. And to answer the yomi question i truely believe yomi is damage without regard for anything else, what you named is gimmicks.

Yomi is the ability to know what your opponent is going to do and using the appropriate mean of dealing with it, let's say in BB for example a Valk and Makoto are playing and the Valk player notice his opponent had a habit of using a DP on wake up when he had 50 heat. Now the Valk knocks down the opponent he decides to throw out a well spaced 2B to bait out the DP and it works. That means the Valk has either read into his opponent enough to create that outcome or he condition him for said situation.

Another concept of Yomi is that it has layers, say in that same situation that Makoto knew of his habit and decided to make it work for him. The Valk now goes for that option select with 2B and gets Particle flare'd, that Makoto read further into his opponent or in other words he was on Yomi layer 2.

tl;dr: lol sirlin

Am I too late to troll this thread?

Dacid sucks, fundamentals in BB don't exist, BB sucks, WC sucks, Bang 5A, Hazama 214D~A, WC sucks

Think I covered everything

And HDMI has a lot of lag?

Not "a lot" but on certain TVs it's very noticeable. Some people like Luna have lag free monitors though.

In our last tourney, GF was held on a HDTV with an HDMI cable to be streamed by team spooky, where as the tourney itself was held on CRTs. Result, our Litchi player kept dropping all his combos cause of the sudden change in input delay.

Edit: OMFG CAKE, THAT WAS HILARIOUS. K-ON MUSIC, WTF?

Edited by Nini Heart