Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

San Diego's thread of meetups every Friday Night at SD Saltmines

Done. I tend to check dl on my phone and you don't see that you have unread pms unless you tap that top square it seems lol.

Reminder: Dustloop Fridays will not happen this Friday due to LANDiego using the venue. We will back on our regular schedule on the 21st.

It's always nice to see a new post in this thread since this was how we originally communicated with one another haha. :lol:

All the active members post or check the facebook page anyways (I mean, they're already informed that there's the big possibility that we'll be missing yet another session this week due to the venue's power being cut)

Sorry about asking something so basic here but is there a Venue fee? I'm planning on heading out to the event for the first time and I couldn't find an answer on the website or facebook page. 

no there is no venue fee. we used to have one, but we haven't had one for a few months now iirc.

you can  tihnk of keeping the place clean and picking up your own trash as you venue fee, that's what i do.

Yeah, keeping the place clean is your venue fee, we tend to run tournaments and stream too but the equipment we use has been unavailable for a while. We should be back to 100% starting next year.though so get ready for that.

Also we need to find a way to organize the setups so people aren't super cramped or in the corners, and clear out the center as to give people the chance to walk in and out the room without much trouble.

Hope to see you this Friday! I'll be done with finals by Tuesday so I should definitely be able to swing by for a bit to see everyone again and meet any new people that are there. :)

Yeah, keeping the place clean is your venue fee, we tend to run tournaments and stream too but the equipment we use has been unavailable for a while. We should be back to 100% starting next year.though so get ready for that.

Also we need to find a way to organize the setups so people aren't super cramped or in the corners, and clear out the center as to give people the chance to walk in and out the room without much trouble.

Maybe make it like a round-table of sorts with all the tables/setups in the center of the room and the seats for the players around them along the walls. The issue would be the distance between the monitors/consoles and the power outlets but if we can work around that it'd be nice I believe.

What's up? I'm here for the next month. Every Friday? Sounds good.

I'm already here, man. I just need to know where this place is at, and maybe a ride depending on distance. I'll definitely chip in for gas, if so.

That's about a 20 minute drive. I'm staying off of 32nd street, so if anyone were to give me a ride I'd appreciate it greatly. Compensation for gas is a given.

That's about a 20 minute drive. I'm staying off of 32nd street, so if anyone were to give me a ride I'd appreciate it greatly. Compensation for gas is a given.

What are the two streets or intersection are you staying at?

if worst comes to worst, i'm willing to come and get you, but i'd prefer someone else do it as it is the exact opposite direction of the venue and my house.

Arrangements have already been made. Thanks, though. I do appreciate it.

So, for those who don't keep up with the FB group, our main venue is closing doors towards the end of May.

Sorry for not posting in the forums for those who are not getting any updates from our Facebook group. We won't be holding sessions this Friday due to SCR Prelude 2. We'll be back next Friday.