Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

San Diego's thread of meetups every Friday Night at SD Saltmines

Hey guys,

Just wanted to bring to your attention that there is also a small KOF scene in San Diego, apparently. ( http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=503.0 ) I was thinking that it may be useful(if appropriate depending on how both run things) if the two scenes worked together some since small scenes can have problems with resources such as hosting or setups or cars or whatever. Would be especially beneficial if there's KOF players interested in BB or whatever or BB players in interested in KOF. With some coordination/unity, each small scene wouldnt be as dependent on certain people for hosting, driving, etc. Could mean more people going to more meetups and generating more hype.

So yeah, you may wanna contact them, at least around KOFXIII's release in late november.

(i only bothered thinking of this since i know glod~)

Just checked the time for Xie's danisen and it seems like I can barely make it as long as I leave at 7 when he says he'll end it. I guess you guys made plans already, but I look forward to seeing you there. Maybe I won't be so lonely in Rank 1 anymore.

Well we could still arrange to pick you up or something! We only have 3 people in the car so far. It's not too late!

Thanks but I'm going to be driving up myself on Friday and going to the Danisen and coming back to SD on Sunday. I was going to offer to drive people up there if, on the off chance, they had a place to stay but it seems you guys have got it taken care of.

Good games and fun times at the danisen. Thanks to haki for being my navigator and thanks to dsmoove for coming along. Hope my driving wasn't too scary! I won't be able to make it to the next one though, assuming it's on the 22nd. I have a writing placement test for college.

Yeah, it was fun! Thanks for driving~

It's a pity we won't have you for the next one, although I might not be going either depending on how the controller thing works out >_<

Will you still be making it to whatever we end up doing this week?

Good luck on your placement test! Hope you do well so that you don't need to take as many courses. Maybe if you manage to place well you'll have time for language :3

Also, great seeing shtkn and Wallace at the danisen and finally getting to meet Ds. It's too bad that we didn't have much of a chance to play :<

Well, the test on the 22nd is at 11:30, so I should be able to manage the Friday night thing still, since it's not something I can really study for.

Speaking of that, Mago, dsmoove, bond, and shadowfiend were talking about coming down to one of our meetups, so that will be exciting.

alright, i'll host again this friday night. anytime after 7pm.

also, good to see you guys there. i was purposefully avoiding playing you guys since we can play in sd anyways.

Sounds good, I'll be there.

I guess I'll tell Bond about it too so that he and the others can come down. We will probably need more setups if that happens so if needed I can bring mine.

I can bring mine too if we need one. I don't think we'll need more than 3 but let me know what we decide.

I have work so I might be late, but I'll be there.

Does anyone have a wired 360 controller I could borrow to test stuff with by any chance? Unless there's something else that looks exactly the same, I think the converter thing attached to DS's spare ps2 controller is supposed to be able to do 360->PS3 as well. It would be great if I could check and make sure that it works before making a monetary commitment, but if not oh well~

Looks like we'll have a great turnout then! Can't wait to see you guys.

Oh, looks like I can go to the danisen next weekend after all, too.

9 player turnout? This week is going to be amazing.

Edit:

Great fun tonight! Thanks to everyone who came, and a special thanks to shtkn for always being willing to host~

Last night was very fun, thanks to everyone for coming down and thanks to shtkn for hosting again. It will be hard to match the level of hype that was reached last night.

I really thought I posted this already, but I won't be able to make it to the Danisen tomorrow due to some group project work. I can still go tonight if there's anything planned, just nothing on saturday

I won't be going to the Danisen either...it's been a crazy week at work, and I haven't gotten around to the pad converter thing yet >_<

I'll be down for anything if we're still doing something tonight though.

sorry, i'm driving up tomorrow, so i don't plan on hosting. want to just be a bum for a night and play some single player games and work on some stuff. also, i don't think i'll be going to the danisen next time

that's fine, gives me time to work on Dark Souls too. I'll catch you guys next week then

want to just be a bum for a night and play some DARK SOULS

That has been pretty much the way I've felt the entire week. Luckily I'm almost done with the game.

Ok so I discussed the possibility of me hosting once or twice, and I want to hear what you guys think. My apartment is small and probably couldn't contain the amount of people we had for casuals last time, but if its just the four of us then it should be ok. I'm thinking I could host on the weeks when the Danisen is, since Shtkn doesn't want to, but I'd prefer to have to start early and end early if at all possible. I just wanted to throw this option out there and see if anybody is interested. If we're fine with bi-weekies at Shtkn's then that works for me just fine.

Let me know what times might work for you or if you could make it. I'm currently considering doing it on a Friday from 3 to 7 or there abouts.

I could probably make it~ Especially since Danisen weeks are my off Fridays.

If the weeks ever switched around I wouldn't be able to make it anymore though.

My last class on Fridays ends at 12, so 3 to 7 works fine for me for those weeks.