Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

San Diego's thread of meetups every Friday Night at SD Saltmines

So Sanoshi is having a gathering at her place in riverside on Friday the 21st if what I was told at the Danisen was right. Are we going to have casuals that day or are any of us planning to go to that instead?

I have a writing placement test on the 22nd early in the morning, so that's a bit of a long drive for me to do. So if the general consensus is head there instead of the normal casuals, I'll have to pass. Let me know what everyone decides!

i'm actually going to be busy this coming weekend, so i'll ahve to cut it off early again. also if you want to host wallace, go for it, i probably won't be able to make it since i get off work at 630 or so, but it seems useful for everyone else to get more xp and practice.

Heeey San diego~

Just wanted to post here as well, i'm having a gathering halloween party thing at my place up in riverside. So, if anyone has nothing to do friday night or wants to check come up and have a good time, feel free to come! :]

Heres the facebook info: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=283322691687734

You can add me there on fb! Alcohol and crashing and such over at my place is cool. It's this friday, at 7pm. Feel free to arrive a little after cause of friday traffic and what not!

Hope to see some of you there! :]]]]!

I would like to go, but I have a test to do on Saturday morning, so I would only be able to stay for a very short time... I'll come to the next one, if there's another!

Oh yeah! I remember you! :] There will be another one! I'll post here again when i'm doing another gathering~

If that's what we want to do, that's fine. I will just have to leave a bit early since I have stuff to do Saturday morning. As long as shtkn is okay with hosting~

Sorry, I don't think I can make it this week...too much stuff to do and too many approaching deadlines >_<

Hope you guys have fun, and I'll catch you all next week~

alright, same plan then. show up anytime after 7 and i'm kicking everyone out before or at midnight

I know shtkn has it. We usually just play BB but I wouldn't mind learning GG, and others might be interested in playing it too. I'm pretty new to the scene, too, so the others might have more to say about it.

yeah, i play gg (though very rusty). i dunno when the next meetup is (i'm not hosting this week, but someone else might be). if not that, i'll be hosting next week.

I'll host this friday (the 28th), from 5-10pm. I'll pm you guys with my address sometime tomorrow evening and maybe a map if I can find one. There is very little parking inside the complex, most of the spaces are in a locked garage. You can park on the street outside though. I'll only have one asus monitor setup but that should be all we need for 3-4 people.

I've played Guilty Gear before, it was actually the first 2d fighter I played. I go to UCSD as well so I would be down for some games. I'm pretty garbage at GG though. Which isn't to say I'm not garbage at everything else either. I have a copy of Accent Core and a ps2 to play it on as well.

also Schank, not sure if you're interested in BB at all, but most of us go to xie's danisen every other week (looks like the next one is on the 5th). you might be able to have a GG setup there once Xie gets the outlet situation figured out, I'd ask in the thread.

Other than that I'm glad Wallice and shtkn are willing to play GG with you. I'll be trying to learn it but I'm kind of new to fighters in general, just barely getting decent at BB.

That being said I recently started trying to learn Arakune because I have definitely felt Tager's limits, Litchi hasn't really felt that good, and also I hate myself. I'm putting a lot of time into it because I would really like to be able to play as that guy, he's the coolest. Probably won't be ready to bring him out at meetups for a while though, haha.

edit: also, with the danisen being pushed back to next weekend, i won't be able to go to it due to having a test on saturday again. I swear I am never taking a class with Saturday exams ever again

You guys have room for one more person? I may have time to go after my classes @ SDSU.

Hopefully Wallice will read the thread before Friday and send you the address. I am glad to see new faces in the thread, hope to see you there! I also go to SDSU so maybe we can carpool to meetups in the future since I'm not the furthest south anymore~

Hopefully Wallice will read the thread before Friday and send you the address.

Will do.

You guys have room for one more person? I may have time to go after my classes @ SDSU.

Yup, we do.

It really does seem like our scene is growing bit by bit. Pretty sweet.

Oh wow I only have a PS3 stick lol. And one TV only? :v:

Anyway are there any fast food restaurants around your place? If nothing comes up and I am able to go, I may eat dinner at one of those places after I leave your place at around 8:30 or 9pm and before I take the long 40 minute drive home.