Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

Is there any trick to inputting 22282? I wanna play Riannon, but I can ever use this special move :v:.

Btw, I'm down for netplay later if anyone (EC preferably) wants to play.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Everything you say about Manaka also applies to Oboro too, except he can't get damage even with meter. So yeah, still having a hard time believing that.

I Oboro has decent buttons and a way to lock you down without an assist. Even if Oboro can't capitalize off of it well, Manaka doesn't even have that.

Manaka is probably the worst character, but she is still competitive. Outside of Chizuru and arguably Tamaki (though I don't agree), her matchups are 4-6 or better.

She doesn't have to do massive damage to win. She can keep a very annoying and persistent intiative for a long time and rush people down hard with the right assists. Plus, bookshelf super is one of the best supers in the game.

Overall the game is surprisingly balanced. People complain about Chizuru and Tamaki but really, they aren't all that overpowered in comparison to the rest of the cast. The only matchups that are worse than 6-4 are Chizuru/Manaka (6.5-3.5) and Tamaki/Sasara+wrong assist (8-2+). Arguably Chizuru/Riannon, Sasara/Riannon, Tamaki/Manaka, and Arawn/Multi are 6.5-3.5 as well, but 6-4 is much more likely from my experience.

Manaka is probably the worst character, but she is still competitive. Outside of Chizuru and arguably Tamaki (though I don't agree), her matchups are 4-6 or better.

She doesn't have to do massive damage to win. She can keep a very annoying and persistent intiative for a long time and rush people down hard with the right assists. Plus, bookshelf super is one of the best supers in the game.

Can you tell me what you think Manaka's best assists are to support her rushdown? I was trying Yu for the oki and ability to combo from overheads, but Octavia, Llyr and Ulthury also seem interesting.

Can you tell me what you think Manaka's best assists are to support her rushdown? I was trying Yu for the oki and ability to combo from overheads, but Octavia, Llyr and Ulthury also seem interesting.

Pretty much anyone outside of Rina is playable for Manaka, but I think her best assists are Satsuki, Ma-ryan or Mizuki.

On a personal level, Camyu and Yuma are incredibly fun to run with Manaka even though they are not quite as good as the above three.

Is there any trick to inputting 22282? I wanna play Riannon, but I can ever use this special move :v:.

don't bother with it. the only effect it has is to restore your assist gauge to full... at the cost of 3 bars.

don't bother with it. the only effect it has is to restore your assist gauge to full... at the cost of 3 bars.

Hm, okay then. She doesn't seem too bad w/out, being that I wasn't even able to use it anyway and I was just fine.

This game's netplay suffers from private lobby syndrome. Seriously. Everyone wants to play with their friends, and only their friends lol.

Sorry, I'm a noob at this game. And I got my ass kicked by Manaka mainly because I had no clue what she was doing. And http://wiki.mizuumi.net/ doesn't have ANYTHING listed under Manaka. So, can someone help me out with the match-up somewhat? I'm assuming her bookshelf move where she hides behind it is a counter-move? (So then, when's the recovery phase to punish it?) Also, the player kept doing c.A,c.B,c.A,c.B, etc and it seems like a legit pressure? (I couldn't get out of it.) And what the heck is the Manaka's tip-toeing move that she seems like she'll fall over, and then when I get close, she kicks me for a launcher? Like I said, I would like to see an actual movelist description so I can understand this char. (Or someone give me a link to a Manaka FAQ I can look up?)

... no she really isn't competitive. Her match ups are 4-6 or WORSE, not better. She doesn't have an even match up in the game and 0 in her favor as well. She doesn't have to do massive damage, but she has to be able to DO SOMETHING, which she can't without wasting all her meter on gambits that usually don't pay off.

Library Shockwave super is pretty good, that's why you just throw it out there and pray to god. But it can also be Alpha Countered, Blow Backs, DPd and command grabbed on reaction to the flash for a free punish/1 meter punish. Because Manaka is trash.

Celerity, The only Manaka that's worth anything uses Rathy (Hammer chick) most of the time, and only switches around depending on how he feels. Usually Ma-Ryan, Satsuki and Mizuki if he does, but it's rare.

Mainly because in the end it rarely matters who he uses, because she sucks and he'll lose.

And what the heck is the Manaka's tip-toeing move that she seems like she'll fall over, and then when I get close, she kicks me for a launcher?

That's her dash. She can follow up with either a high (butt drop) a low (5A basically) or a mid launcher. The cr.A cr.B loop you were getting stuck in was probably just her cr.B- it has a two-part chain that moves her forward. It should eventually push you back enough that it will whiff. I can't test right now but if your character has an invulnerable backdash, you can try that.

In any case, there seem to be more than a few Manaka experts in here so I'll defer to them. I usually just end up running into her books. I don't often get close enough to deal with the rushdown side of her, sadly.

If anyone here plays/knows about Chizuru: who would you say is the "best" assist for her? I've been running Rina in almost every MU, but after last night, I'm not very confident in this decision. I guess Satsuki or Ma-Ryan would be better choices?

If anyone here plays/knows about Chizuru: who would you say is the "best" assist for her? I've been running Rina in almost every MU, but after last night, I'm not very confident in this decision. I guess Satsuki or Ma-Ryan would be better choices?

I don't main her, but I like using Ulth with Chizuru

Sorry, I'm a noob at this game. And I got my ass kicked by Manaka mainly because I had no clue what she was doing. And http://wiki.mizuumi.net/ doesn't have ANYTHING listed under Manaka. So, can someone help me out with the match-up somewhat? I'm assuming her bookshelf move where she hides behind it is a counter-move? (So then, when's the recovery phase to punish it?) Also, the player kept doing c.A,c.B,c.A,c.B, etc and it seems like a legit pressure? (I couldn't get out of it.) And what the heck is the Manaka's tip-toeing move that she seems like she'll fall over, and then when I get close, she kicks me for a launcher? Like I said, I would like to see an actual movelist description so I can understand this char. (Or someone give me a link to a Manaka FAQ I can look up?)

for manaka's specials, book toss is the projectile, it has 6 different arcs counting jumping ones, you can jump over the light and medium ground ones and run under the heavy ground one. The splash on the books is random if a Manaka jumps in at you and throws books behind you, sometimes the splash will hit you out of whatever punish you thought you could get and then manaka will get a combo.

The counter move has pretty significant start-up and you can hit her as long as she isn't behind the bookshelf (also she can be command grabbed out of the bookshelf, possibly normal grabbed too, not sure). Also if manaka has you cornered she can use this move to teleport a full screen away (I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that on purpose though).

the move where she tips over a bookshelf is primarily a combo ender. It can sometimes be used as an anti-air I think, but not very commonly.

the stumble thing is her dash, it's basically her only way of moving forward since her forward walk speed is effectively non-existent. Out of it she can do a low, an overhead, or a launcher (which I'm pretty sure is air unblockable). The low is fast and can be used to start pressure, so that's her most likely option. The overhead is punishable on block unless covered by an assist and only leads to a combo on counter hit or if they spend meter on an assist to pick you up. The launcher is super punishable and mainly used either for combos or to catch people jumping away from the stumble.

A few moves can go right into the stumble (BC and low emotion book shelf super) on hit or block. Also Manaka can't block while stumbling.

To get out of the 2b > 2b pressure you can guard cancel after the first 2b and if the Manaka is just trying to do 2b all day they'll get hit. If you do it after the followup though she has enough time to block. Also I know Chizuru can backdash out, probably other characters can too.

Llyr is really good for combo and mix-up as well.

She is great with anyone except for Octavia. Assist selection for Chizuru is mostly dependent on how you would like to play.

You use Rina or Yuki if you like to just all-in and play for those one-shot kills.

Hm, okay then. She doesn't seem too bad w/out, being that I wasn't even able to use it anyway and I was just fine.

This game's netplay suffers from private lobby syndrome. Seriously. Everyone wants to play with their friends, and only their friends lol.

Well it's one of those games where you like to just mess with friends. After seen a curry attack I laughed with my friend pretty hard.

Playstyle like Jin? I dunno.... Awran is the Sword Wielding Shoto and can sorta freeze you lol. Touka is the samurai character as well.

Yeah, most of the AP characters are incredibly unique and don't really have any counterparts in other fighting games. I don't think there is a grappler in any other fighting game that comes even remotely close to resembling Tamaki.

Tamaki is your go-to grabbler.

I don't know which character is most similar to Jin, however.

Yeah, most of the AP characters are incredibly unique and don't really have any counterparts in other fighting games. I don't think there is a grappler in any other fighting game that comes even remotely close to resembling Tamaki.

I'll go with Tamaki/Satsuki as my duo for now.

She is great with anyone except for Octavia. Assist selection for Chizuru is mostly dependent on how you would like to play.

You use Rina or Yuki if you like to just all-in and play for those one-shot kills.

Yeah, I was using Rina since you could just pretty much 5BC > j.C x N and get like 10k. I have trouble getting in though (this is probably because it's like day 2 for me, and I don't understand Chizuru very well lol), so I was thinking of using an assist with projectiles to force the opponent to respect me on my way in. Thanks for the reply though (and you too, Nadakaineko).