Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

Been having fun with the game since its release in the U.S. Though fighting nothing but Chizuru all day is kinda boring. :(

well I dont play chizuru and were in neigboring states. why not add me.

K-Bas

Been having fun with the game since its release in the U.S. Though fighting nothing but Chizuru all day is kinda boring. :(

Coming from someone who thought Chizuru would be their main on day one, just stick with it- She's a fun, easy to use character but she also gets a tad boring after a while because, while you can innovate, there's really no need to.

So hopefully it's just a matter of letting the Chizuru bug run its course before people settle in to other mains.

I can say that a lot fewer people use Chizuru in player match. Not having a ranking to protect does wonders for opening people up to other characters. I even saw a pretty good Riannon once.

Chizuru feels like an out-of-place Melty Blood character.

I main Oboro myself. Playing like a Samurai Shodown character made it easy to get used to him fast, and he even has a Galford color. I also like his OTG capabilities with the arrow summons. I tried playing Manaka for a while and did pretty well, but tossing books from the other end of the screen all day got boring fast.

By the way, is the playable version of Boss Ma-Ryan missing some of her attacks? I saw her do a triple fireworks shot I couldn't replicate.

By the way, is the playable version of Boss Ma-Ryan missing some of her attacks? I saw her do a triple fireworks shot I couldn't replicate.

The player-selectable Boss Ma-Ryan is a balanced assist and therefore doesn't have her AI version OP moveset.

Netplay has been a real crap shoot for me. Bars mean nothing. Some games have up to 1sec of delay, but about half are perfectly fine. If this is the patched version, I can't even imagine how bad it was before the patch.

Netplay has been a real crap shoot for me. Bars mean nothing. Some games have up to 1sec of delay, but about half are perfectly fine. If this is the patched version, I can't even imagine how bad it was before the patch.

Not really much different, to be honest. The bigger problem before was mainly that so few people had the game.

It has gradually improved since launch though- used to be that entire matches felt like it does now just during character select.

one question, it may be a stupid but i will ask anyways : i have the japanese version of the game, can i still play with the guys who has the US version or not?

one question, it may be a stupid but i will ask anyways : i have the japanese version of the game, can i still play with the guys who has the US version or not?

Yes.

Netcode is definitely hit or miss. Though its been on the good side mostly for me. I really like Kalulau and the way she plays. After playing Izayoi in BBCP, having a true anti air feels really refreshing. :)

I've been finding the netplay pretty good overall, as long as one-bar connections are avoided (North-East US). The one main problem I see with it is that, even in good connections, your inputs are thrown off just enough to make instant guarding hard-to-impossible and thus making guard crashes a lot easier than they probably should be.

On another note - I probably won't get much mercy on this, since I'm one of those dirty jackass scumbags that main Chizuru (:v:), but is there something I'm missing or is Sasara one of her worst (least-good?) matchups? It seems like any time I try to make an offense I'm either getting shield rush guard-pointed or simply beat out with her huge hitboxes, leaving me to end up playing more defensively (a weird experience, playing Chizuru defensively).

Speaking of matchups, do we have a full matchup chart? I know there's been some talk of tiers and matchups, but I don't recall seeing an actual chart or anything ...

Just curious, really.

Is it normal that the character select screen lags? I have the digital version. ._.

I don't think its supposed to do that, I have it on disk, and the odds of it lagging to CS/PS screen are rare to me. But who knows...>_>

Is it normal that the character select screen lags? I have the digital version. ._.

Apparently if you change the HUD in the options, it makes the character select screen lag. (I moved the upper HUD down some which caused the lag on my side.)

Wonder what went wrong with the PSN version, cause it certainly doesn't do that in the original Japanese disc release version.

Edit: Actually I don't know what's going on. I reverted HUD back to normal but now it lags on Training instead of Story and Versus.

Edit Edit: And now it's not lagging on Training. Yeah I have no clue what's going on anymore.

I have the Japanese disc version (also it's not installed) and it lags for me most of the time during online. In local it doesn't, but if I let the game hang out on character select too long it'll start having slowdown for no reason. It never carries over past the character select though.

On another note - I probably won't get much mercy on this, since I'm one of those dirty jackass scumbags that main Chizuru (:v:), but is there something I'm missing or is Sasara one of her worst (least-good?) matchups? It seems like any time I try to make an offense I'm either getting shield rush guard-pointed or simply beat out with her huge hitboxes, leaving me to end up playing more defensively (a weird experience, playing Chizuru defensively).

From what I have seen, I would say Sasara is one of Chizuru's best matchups. You can punish pretty much anything she does with 214B or 236236AB, and 5B/j.B beats anything she can do in the air. Because of this, you can afford to play very patiently, because she has no real way to threaten you at neutral. If you're getting zoned, you're probably either trying too hard to get in or not punishing correctly.

I have the Japanese disc version (also it's not installed) and it lags for me most of the time during online. In local it doesn't, but if I let the game hang out on character select too long it'll start having slowdown for no reason. It never carries over past the character select though.

It did it to me only on Story Mode; on VS. and Training, it was fine.

Yes, it can lag on the character select screen, it's been doing that since day 1 jp release.

God lord, the online of this game is fucking horrible, having to deal with Chizurus and like 3 seconds of delay on my moves is irritating as hell,as soon as i get the online trophys i´m out of here unless they put a patch

God lord, the online of this game is fucking horrible, having to deal with Chizurus and like 3 seconds of delay on my moves is irritating as hell,as soon as i get the online trophys i´m out of here unless they put a patch

Where are you playing? Who are you playing?

I'm interested in this game and so far my experiences with other games when playing Japanese players are fine. I only occasionally have lag and it's usually when playing someone in the US or wherever.

Anyone here playing it in Japan?

I haven't really gotten lag using the "4 bars or higher" connection filter. At that, if you're not playing someone who lives far away, or someone who uses wireless, then the netcode is fine IMO.