Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

Coming from someone who thought Chizuru would be their main on day one, just stick with it- She's a fun, easy to use character but she also gets a tad boring after a while because, while you can innovate, there's really no need to.

So hopefully it's just a matter of letting the Chizuru bug run its course before people settle in to other mains.

I think people will soon realize that Chizuru/Rina, while a good team, is not really all that easy to win with.

I guess I will do my part and roll over all these Chizuru/Rina scrubs in the meantime until they come to that realization.

How does Hakuowlo deal with Sasara? I don't understand how this matchup is winnable without gambling on random tigers (bust she has an airdash, so haha, what tiger?)

That video in your signature was amazing ehuangsan XD . Though speaking of Riannon, haven't met one online yet.

I play Riannon, but I haven't touched online yet

So, how are my bros from Utawadmsnfkbsdjkbadsadas in this? (Hakuoro, Oboro, Karura and Touka)

Touka is great, Hakuoro and Karura are good, Oboro is currently bad

lol Aruru is pretty good. you can call her in front or back. Lots of block stun. But i mean, like most moves it has it's place and you gotta know where it is.

Well, i bought the game and so far i am feeling The Girl with the Mop and the Girl with the Purse

I want to give it a try agaisnt other players to see how it fares the netcode.

Well, i bought the game and so far i am feeling The Girl with the Mop and the Girl with the Purse

I want to give it a try agaisnt other players to see how it fares the netcode.

Multi is very fun to play

Question about touka, does she have any reversal besides her counter super and is 2a the universal meaty? Thanks

Splash Art maybe. In general, there aren't a whole lot of meterless reversals in AP. Hakuowlo, Oboro and Multi's dp's are the only ones I can think of off hand that have any amount of invulnerability. Chizuru's might but because of how it hits, I don't know if I'd really call it a reversal. Karulau's got her dodge... Maybe Tamaki's hcf grab too.

Okay, maybe there are more than "not a whole lot"...

Unrelated, but something I've noticed is that the characters all seem to go into a crouching state when landing from jumps- I know it affects their hitboxes because it makes some moves whiff on landing characters. Does anyone know how landing recovery works in this game and, if there isn't any, does this temporary crouching state actually make the landing character vulnerable to overheads? I've been wondering this for a while, I just can't figure out a good way to test it.

Unrelated, but something I've noticed is that the characters all seem to go into a crouching state when landing from jumps- I know it affects their hitboxes because it makes some moves whiff on landing characters. Does anyone know how landing recovery works in this game and, if there isn't any, does this temporary crouching state actually make the landing character vulnerable to overheads? I've been wondering this for a while, I just can't figure out a good way to test it.

(Only tested with Chizuru and Touka)

It appears characters have 6F of prejump and 4F of landing recovery, 2F of which are spent "crouching". However when I try to catch them during that 2F with an overhead, their proximity blocking kicks in right away and they block it standing, so I don't think it's a real crouching state, just a different hitbox.

Riannon is pretty stupid online. It's hard to beat her when 5C isn't punishable on block due to lag, and dash C into 2C is more or less an unblockable.

Already had a guy yell "hell no, I ain't playing you! GTFO!" on the mic as he banned me from his room after being abused by my netplay Riannon :(

What makes Chizuru the best character in the game? Good buttons or something else?

Also, even though she's the best character, how're her MUs in general? Are they mostly 6-4s, or are they really skewed to her favor?

Great buttons, great neutral, very dangerous mixups, can do 6k+ consistently and easily off of one meter which is very difficult to do for most of the cast, and fewer weaknesses than everyone else. She and Tamaki are probably the only two characters that don't really have bad matchups.

Even so, she is not the best by much. Karlau/Konomi/Tamaki very likely go even with her and the rest are all 5.5-4.5 or 6-4 in her favor with the exception of Manaka and maybe Riannon which is 6.5-3.5.

Greetings all!. I just bought this game today and played it for a few hours before my midnight to 8 am guard shift lol. I'm not sure who to main yet, but I like a few characters allready. Morgan is cool and Touka seem my 2 most likely candidates. I'm quite new but would love some matches sometime after I play training for a few days. Take care.

Tie between Yuki and Ulthury imo.

ma-ryan and satsuki are generally the best across the board, with everything else having very specific purposes or only working proper with some character setups.

so this is a thing.

Basically you meaty a command grab and then when it would whiff you go for an AA grab, Uthury will keep them airborne long enough for you to grab them and since AA grab is an air-unblockable hit being in blockstun wont save you. I can't get the timing consistantly, but I also don't actually play tamaki. Fast stand can mess with the timing of get up, so that should be a fix to this. In theory though tamaki should be able to do this after a hard knockdown from a command grab. I can't get it but I think that's just cause I'm bad. I tested the recording against Manaka and Sasara, probably wont work against characters with short hops (manaka's low double jump still got caught though) or maybe people with faster fall speeds. Manaka super blew this up, I forgot to test backdash because I'm dumb, but it should get hit by the lightning.