Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

I forgot to test backdash because I'm dumb, but it should get hit by the lightning.
Tamaki has a grab specifically to blow up backdashes.

i mean i don't really read this thread too much but i heard there's some new norcal players playing aquapazza

you guy should check out the regional threads

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?4-Event-Announcements

theres 2 threads and people play aqua there

with more players we can have hyper tournaments

k later

Went for my platinum over the weekend. Man, if the current build is an improvement over the netplay of the previous versions, I shudder to think what it must have been like before. It's still God-awful.

Other than that, I like it, but it's not quite my speed. And I really hate that there's no dedicated throw button combo like A+C or A+D. The window for the throw command seems incredibly small and makes pulling throws off during laggy online matches almost impossible. It's really hard to get rid of pressure because of it. More often than not I ended up doing a standing C, which is the slowest and most telegraphed move you have. Also upset that only one character has an air throw.

Throws are 5 frame startup. (For every character as far as I know.) So it shouldn't be a reliable defensive option point-blank in the first place compared to games like ST/KOF/GG. It's similar to pressing 5A or 2A with some characters without the range or damage (unless you're Karula). I actually dislike throw button combinations because the risk-reward becomes skewed. Baiting throws and punishing throws become difficult. I actually like AP's system where the throw whiff animation does come out when in throw range or a 5C comes out if they're airborne or aren't close enough. So it's up to the person to read the throw and to time their actions appropriately.

The most reliable way to get rid of pressure is to guard cancel, block, or disrespect(wakeup super, dp, etc) until it's your turn.

Well that's where I felt like a big flaw with the game was. I could wake-up super/DP all day and it wouldn't get people off of me. Wake-up supers were almost always blocked and wake-up DPs with Arawn (A version for invincibility frames and faster startup) didn't knockdown.

It feels like you have no real defensive options. I mean, the game even punishes you for not constantly taking the offense but putting you in Emotion Low. Your offense is your defense and your offense just doesn't always cut it.

Both types of guard cancel are extremely good as well. But yeah, consider actually defending and looking for gaps in offense.

I do block, but more often than not I get stuck in a corner and end up in Emotion Low before I have any luck getting someone off of me. It's not fun to blow meter and/or lose offense/defense on what should be standard defensive mechanics.

I do block, but more often than not I get stuck in a corner and end up in Emotion Low before I have any luck getting someone off of me. It's not fun to blow meter and/or lose offense/defense on what should be standard defensive mechanics.

If you want to reverse a defensive state into offense while guarding, there are several assists that can do that for you. Boss Ma-Ryan's passive is one good example. I imagine Serika's 4D might work as well.

Some people seem to be under the impression that chizuru's DP can crossup. This is not the case.

There are some moves (like chizuru DP and Uthuru's lightning) that can always be blocked from the side they originate. I'm not sure which moves have this, I'm guessing it's all projectiles, but I'm not sure.

Dudes, already tried this net code with someone outside the US? I'm getting my Aguapizza in some days and I want to know if I'll be able to play with you :kitty:

If not, well... that sucks :v:

I played a few games against japan before the US release happened, they were all really bad. Like, a full second of lag bad.

To me, most japanese players play VERY patiently, and their players have more unique and amazing tech(s) compared to the US players.

To me, most japanese players play VERY patiently, and their players have more unique and amazing tech(s) compared to the US players.

I meant the lag was bad, not the players

They should patch the netcode. Did they announce any upcoming updates?

I'm pretty sure the netcode was already patched prior to the US release, and it wasn't much of an improvement.

The netcode has been patched twice now, once prior to US release, and once on US release. I highly doubt you're going to receive much more support sadly.

I'm pretty sure the netcode was already patched prior to the US release, and it wasn't much of an improvement.

Not really "improved," imo.

Netcode is still butt.

Just because it's still bad doesn't mean there were no improvements. The netcode used to be flat out unplayable with someone who I can drive to their house in 10 minutes. There is no "imo" here. The netcode is exponentially better than it was at launch

Netcode may be better but that character select screen still lags the hell out of you offline or online

Netcode may be better but that character select screen still lags the hell out of you offline or online

It does for a while, I move my cursor to my main and wait for the lag to calm down.

It does for a while, I move my cursor to my main and wait for the lag to calm down.

I have to wonder how they managed to pull that off lol.

Did my first ranked, it was awful with a Japanese Multi player with my Tamaki/Ulthury, freezes sometimes, and I keep thinking my PS3 froze. Then, I went against a U.S. player, connection and game ran smoothly, even though I used my scrubby Konomi, I liked that it ran better than playing JAP players.