Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

Wish I went into that room that day. I would have told you to use wave more! (Just like in the tournament!)

I thought about it but I thought he would godpress me if I did it off a string, since he godpressed that one 5A into BC string.

I thought about it but I thought he would godpress me if I did it off a string, since he godpressed that one 5A into BC string.

just out of curiosity, why does everyone refer to her charge super as "God Press"? is it due to certain properties it has or just because of its ability to act as a great punish tool? Aqua is the only fighter i play so i'm not familiar with a lot of the terms. 

Fighting game moves are commonly referred to whatever their obvious inspiration was, since things are often more or less reused due to whatever that kind of special is suiting its purpose so well, like how you might hear someone call Touka or Kamui's tiger knee (another example!) overhead a "TK youzansen", that being Baiken's move which served a very similar purpose/function. That's the only other AP-specific example I can think of...except like how Morgan has Guile/Charlie supers.

Same for how all manual input combo supers are called "deadly raves" from Geese's popularized example, 214 moves are called tatsus, etc.

Fighting game moves are commonly referred to whatever their obvious inspiration was, since things are often more or less reused due to whatever that kind of special is suiting its purpose so well, like how you might hear someone call Touka or Kamui's tiger knee (another example!) overhead a "TK youzansen", that being Baiken's move which served a very similar purpose/function. That's the only other AP-specific example I can think of...except like how Morgan has Guile/Charlie supers.

Same for how all manual input combo supers are called "deadly raves" from Geese's popularized example, 214 moves are called tatsus, etc.

ahhh i see. thanks for the info. i guess you could call Konomi's or Arawns uppercut/jumping slash specials Shiryuken (or w/e Ryu's uppercut move is called) since they're pretty much the same. i dunno lol.

A grappler shouldn't have that. It's part of the reason why she's top tier. But then again I don't know what her second super should be. Hakuowlo's moves was inspired by Gesse Howard.

Another good example is rekka, which is now the universal FG terminology for a sequential special, taken from Fei's Rekka Ken.

i guess you could call Konomi's or Arawns uppercut/jumping slash specials Shiryuken (or w/e Ryu's uppercut move is called) since they're pretty much the same. i dunno lol.

Those are generally just called DP's or dragon punches, which is just the common term for the Shoryuken.

Those are generally just called DP's or dragon punches, which is just the common term for the Shoryuken.

ya that one i knew. i was just kinda putting a character to it. Chizuru doesn't really have one does she? she's just random across the board when it comes to trying to find a "name of reference" to her moves isn't she. although Aqua's really the only one i play, hence my limited knowledge on all the terms, hell i can't even get used to the 2C 5A 6B etc. stuff, i am kinda interested in that nitro plus game. i only know Sabre from the Fate series so i'd probably use her but i kinda like that one chick with the hammer who reminds me of the character Blanc from  of my favorite RPG Hyperdimension Neptunia. can't remember her name though.

Chizuru definitely has a dp. That's an overhead for some reason, and can cross up somehow. And a dp super.

Chizuru definitely has a dp. That's an overhead for some reason, and can cross up somehow. And a dp super.

i've never been able to crossover with her arial special. no matter which one i use, even if i'm slightly behind them they'll still block it., also @ eh_sama, i'm really sorry for copping out after just two matches tonight. i really wanted to have more, but due to that "incident" and those controller issues i told you about it wasn't possible. i really would have liked to have more since i haven't seen you for a long time and your one of those players that really keep me in shape. hope to see you again in the near future and hopefully can go at it for more then just two rounds this time.

Riannon was the best part. I wish I can use her like that. Mines doesn't use stella maris which is bad. It's like the tier list didn't matter in that video. Manaka was beating high tiers.

Lark and I played in the Dencup (Denka's AP tournament) over the weekend, which is an online tournament that starts at 5AM West coast time orz.

I lost to some random Chizuru/Yuma in winners, and then Super Riannon again in losers. Super Riannon is too good.   

Ya know, it never occurred to me to try guard break into counter super with Touka.

You could also probably do something like, in the corner facing away from the corner, 2B into rush super, cancel 5D Yu, rush super again.

Ya know, it never occurred to me to try guard break into counter super with Touka.

You could also probably do something like, in the corner facing away from the corner, 2B into rush super, cancel 5D Yu, rush super again.

This i sort of possible but spacing is tricky since the final hit has delay and yu usually not in position to follow up after a rush super. personally if packing meter I'll be aiming for counter/command grab super which has much easier time following up.

I primary use yu as safe guard for bad reads or action.I always fin myself jolly when use BC and wait for my opponent to punish recovery of it only for yu to be waiting behing me for the 5D counter attacks. 

some time I'll pressure with 4/6 with blokcing opponents. But Its primary usage as follow up from grabs since its possible to raw summon. Damage get horrible scale after grab and 4/6 d but its respectable meter build and allow me to do trick with air reset. And in corner I have more follow ups with last hit being a wall bounce. I can even dash few times build high emotions. Or i can opt to use 4/6d as meaty oki for minimal risk mix up. from wake up or guard cancels which Is baitable for touka

That is some smart tech for Touka. I was fiddling around in training mode trying to get some meterless Yu with Oboro but I don't think Oboro can get anything from a fast tech... 

I also went ahead and figured out Riannon's wakeup timing because I'm sick of getting thrown on wakeup and mashed out >:V

I just threw this together really quick but I couldn't determine when invulnerability frames end after wakeup and when wakeup actually starts so the difference was determined. You can get a feeling for the timing.

If I were forced to put numbers on it, the frames would look something like this:

Riannon neutral tech 43F
Riannon fast tech 35F

Tamaki neutral tech 31F
Tamaki fast tech 20F

That is some smart tech for Touka. I was fiddling around in training mode trying to get some meterless Yu with Oboro but I don't think Oboro can get anything from a fast tech... 

All potential raw summon seem to only work in corner, mid screen stuff your gong to need meter or other fators (like high emotion or counter hit)

Doing B+C wall bounce at the highest point allow enough time to raw summon YU4/6D, may need to combo into it with 5a>5B to allow yu time to get into sweet spot. Only work deep in corner if counter hit or high emotion.

Dash C at highest hitbox point works, can work mid screen if counter hit.

Oroboros jB>JB also works  but seem only possible in corner unless yu kneed deep in with you.

Their is one more possible way but its really impratical IMo. Oroboro 421B>B on air born opponent a the hightes possible hitbox works but yeah dont see that hapning too often

everything else requires resource to be use in corner or special state like counter hit or high emotion

IT seem Oroboros 214214 super helps as an otg
Counter hit Fierce DP at the height point of hitbox also seem to work. other dp don;t seem to work.

For oki? Combo ending in DP or super then Yu 6D oki doesn't work?