Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

For oki? Combo ending in DP or super then Yu 6D oki doesn'

Yu's ^d Oki can usually be disrespected by. Invincibility moves like dp and supers, Though it seem Oboro counter can keep yu safe from pokes, dps, and majority of supers (multi super dp. Karula's dsuperp, tamaki's super dp). so yu punishes after the invincibility 

I was mainly talking about using Yu as a meterless OTG pickup prolonging the knockdown so Oboro can focus on emotion and meter gain. Not just for oki. Regardless, this does bring about another layer of strategy that I haven't really been thinking about which is using assists as a buffer to get resource advantage since I primarily play on Satsuki (meaningful combo extension, corner carry, consistent guard cancel punish). I've only actively thought about this being done with Rina/Yuki but having a shorter cooldown assist to do this on a knockdown would be great.

The problem is having the consistency for this comparable to Maryan which lets you gain emotion and tempo in neutral and oki.

The problem is having the consistency for this comparable to Maryan which lets you gain emotion and tempo in neutral and oki. 

I can't say I agree with that, I feel Yu more consistent and versetile than Myran, Her rewards just isn't raw power at low cost. Player have to commit to YU strenthgs which is punishing opponent for committing to action at the wrong time with 5d or to being passive around 4/6d.  

Ma-ryan is definitely more versatile than Yu. Yu is a monster on offense, defense and oki but she does jack all in neutral and does not do much in solving the ultimate problem for every character, which is "How do I move forward without dying?". Ma-Ryan is not quite as good on offense, but she ultimately solves the neutral and forward movement problem and her offensive power is good enough. This is why you don't really see Yu paired with characters other than Tamaki and Chizuru, who can move forward on their own without too many problems.

That being said, Kouyakane did mention that Yu is probably the best possible assist for Chizuru, though it is apparently extremely difficult to play correctly. I suppose I can sort of see it.

I was mainly talking about using Yu as a meterless OTG pickup prolonging the knockdown so Oboro can focus on emotion and meter gain. Not just for oki. Regardless, this does bring about another layer of strategy that I haven't really been thinking about which is using assists as a buffer to get resource advantage since I primarily play on Satsuki (meaningful combo extension, corner carry, consistent guard cancel punish). I've only actively thought about this being done with Rina/Yuki but having a shorter cooldown assist to do this on a knockdown would be great.

Actually I think that may be why the last JP Oboro player left that's worth a damn uses Rathy. Get knockdown, call 5D Rathy on oki, go in and gain emotion, and her 4/6D is also a better substitute for Oboro's crappy guard cancel.

"How do I move forward without dying?".

Ah jumping? with chiken gaurd? only handful of  aqua cast has AA or AUB normal's.

Ah jumping? with chiken gaurd? only handful of  aqua cast has AA or AUB normal's.

You would be surprised at how extraordinarily difficult it is to move forward against JP players and not go into low emotion. It almost feels like playing Madden and trying to advance the ball against top players.

You would be surprised at how extraordinarily difficult it is to move forward against JP players and not go into low emotion. It almost feels like playing Madden and trying to advance the ball against top players.

Allright I'll take your word on it.

i forgote difficult it is to play on this game netcode. Couldnt reliably do stuff and sassara 2c/5b+c was unreadable.

There is going to be a NorCal vs. the Netplay community 5v5 round robin exhibition on 10/9 at 9:30 PM PST. Stream link is TBD for now.

The bracket looks like the attached.

5v5bracket.png

Probably.

However, netplay is almost a different game. I don't think Manabe has ever even tried AP netplay, and neither Angel of Hope nor Lark play AP online, so those matches could be interesting.

Interesting for Lark's opponent, that is. The internet has never seen Oboro before. He may have been picked, but not actually played. Much mashing out will be attempted, and it will certainly end in failure.

I only really played Aquapazza online for about one week when the JP release dropped before I got frustrated and stopped playing. These guys are netplay veterans in my book and me playing Oboro online sounds like a horrific idea. I'll probably steal some depressing Japan tech and use Rathty. 

We'll see how it goes.

If possible use Ethernet cable. Better than wireless for fighting games.

I see this parroted all over the place regularly, but the truth is that it makes hardly any difference unless something is seriously wrong with your wifi setup. Most of the time it's just used as a convenient excuse.

Wired vs. wireless game controllers is a more significant distinction, and even then, usually only at the highest levels of play.

I don't know I'm just going by what most people say. I never tested wired vs wifi. A lot of them say Ethernet cable is better so I use it for my PS3 to stay safe. I remember someone in the other Aquapazza board was highly encouraging people to use wired and I startled using it because of him.

Ethernet is better because it's more stable. Wi-fi fluctuates a lot, while a wired connection will typically only do so to the same extent if something's wrong with your internet to begin with.

So we start at 9:30 PM Cali time.
Stream link is here:
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co1690860

Stream will change every 30 minutes because Nico is stupid, so go back to that link to see the next stream page.

Here are the results of the tournament. Thanks to everyone who participated. Was a blast. Maybe.

roundrobin1.png

this was definitely a fun tournament. i couldn't really care about winning, just didn't want to embarrass myself during a live stream. i accomplished that so i'm happy with the result. but seriously eh? you REALLY had to tarnish my perfect record i had going on there didn't you xD.

So Go1 is pretty good with Chizuru.

I did win a match though.

Congrats on getting 3rd and for being the third American to win a game against a JP player in a serious match...though it seems you have an Oboro complex of sorts :D

GO1 is incredibly good with Chizuru, but it's so odd as to how he is missing a lot of the basics in Chizuru play but yet can make up for it immensely with very strong hit confirms. Yet, those basics are apparently what allows Kouya to have a complete indian sign (90% win %age) over him.