Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

That Oroboro vs Chizuru match up, isn't one where oroboro should be more conservative? Does satsuki really help in that match up? 

does't orobor 236236 A+B, Give him safe oki and pressure? while limited application would;t orobro counters help those mix up situation?

I think the matchup is bad for Oboro, but not horrible. Maybe 4-6.

Where he loses out is damage disparity and defensive options. The latter is especially painful since Oboro needs to blitz the hell out of Chizuru and simply avoid blocking anything. Chizuru has to do the same, but at least her defensive options can somewhat make up for how quickly she goes into low emotion once Oboro gets something going.

It's one of those strange matchups where blocking is very bad for both sides, so they both have to take some risks in neutral and defense, while maybe trying to maintain pressure without risk on offense.

Gono lost because he was too conservative and was blocking too much. He had to attack GO1 a lot harder and had to be more desperate on defense, even though GO1 has that 5a abare into runpast down pat like all the top Chizuru players.

Re: vs Oboro at CEOtaku, it was entirely my fault. I let him in every time because I was impatient. I had a similar problem in other games that weekend, I would win a round (with a perfect, level 3 or something) and then go in. I'm not all that great at going in anyway, and a lot of the time going in isn't to my advantage with my characters lol. I have to dial it back and play to my strengths: being calm.

I still play this regulary,

Oroboro seem fun to play, his low damage make it difficult to get high damage but he seem decent on other stuff. I've been using Yu, Rathy, Serika with him and i see some nice synergy. 

Yu just pretty well balance and helps his pressure game. While tricky its possible to get some raw assists with counter hits and B+C wall bounce. Combining his arrow and YU OTG assists is nice pick up to corner carry or just keep momentum going to get that high emotion or low emotion opponent. Some matc, He'll have to work his way (is that really  problem for him?) in but Yu help him stays in once in..

Rathy another stable assists since her guard cancel assisst is way better than oroboros defensive option. She an ok juggle ender and gives decent damage. Rathey 6d simply keep him safe and out of bad position, her 5d not sure it it help since the time for the start up Ororoboroi can usulay run in punish I think. I guess it works as an oki?

Serika 6d works great as quick down on standing opponent and combo able. her 5d surprisingly good against  wake up and nifty combo fodder, only way to interrupt it is meaty and oroboro can follow up on before the opponent air resets with jb>jb,66C, to make them knockdown or standard juggles. 

On 11/22/2015, 3:29:18, ehuangsan said:

Try Satsuki or Boss Ma-Ryan. They should both be quite good as well.

satsuki doesn't seem like strong fit to me. Boss Ryan haven't tried yet

My interest in playing this game again has return. I wanna learn a new character that uses Rina assist. I'm addicted to White Album and their songs and it feels odd that I only use Yuki and no Rina. I only used her two years ago to finish the gallery. I startled using Karula with Rina because I know Manabe uses that team and will steal some of his stuff. Touka is another option but she's harder to learn.

haven't played AP in a while (nor do I do much research on it), so I'll brainstorm a little (without regard to optimal partners)

- Chizuru (confirm the BC overhead into D BC, BC, BC... can also confirm 66C overhead into D 66C 66C 66C...)
- Morgan (the 214A could cross the opponent, never tested that combination's practicality though)
- Oboro (I'm just guessing that you could try to lower the opponent's emotion with 5ABAB... while fishing for 6BC guard cancels, or trying to reset pressure with jC crossup after a light attack)
- Konomi (same as Oboro, the idea would be to try to reset pressure with hyper hop or try to frametrap; haven't tested either Konomi or Oboro, though)
- Arawn (since he has long normals -- jB, 5C.. -- you could try to pressure your opponent and gain meter, and force the opponent to 6BC guard cancel, at least I think this could work better than using Sasara for that purpose.. however you could be antiaired too -- some antiairs are air blockable, some aren't good against crossups..)

Chizuru was the first character I used Rina with, because of that BC combo that I saw people were doing when the game was released in the US. Maybe if I can't learn Karula I'll switch to Chizuru.

Rina works very well with Touka and Karula, and quite well with Morgan.
She works with Chizuru, but it's quite hard to beat good players with that team.

In NorCal we nickname team Touka/Rina Team "Tax Collector", because any 2A or 5C is an automatic 50% life damage with Rina. Since it's close to impossible to never get hit by 2A, it's like being forced to pay taxes each round.

So this is what a really good Karula/Rina looks like. I was amazed by this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxE80DNkAok

That really interesting. Calling Rina when the opponent is using their assist to make their unsafe moves safe and canceling it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSmmeW6sO50

I choice Karula as my Rina character. I tried out Chizuru and while she's easy to pickup, I still remember you said Chizuru/Rina is a one trick pony so I dropped her.

I don't know if it's ok to double post in a thread in this forum that only gets replys once in a blue when you have more stuff to say. Anyway I was wondering does Rina actually work with Tamaki? I mean eh-sama is one of the best Aquapazza players in the US and he was beaten by it in this video I just watched recently. This actually gave me a reason to try out and use Tamaki. I found out she has a 7000 combo with Rina in midscreen and 8000 if you add a super but the opponent needs to be standing, because 5C will whiff if their crouching. I know with Rina Tamaki can't do all of those fancy okizeme like Ulthury lightning and Yu and has to fight on her own for the majority of the match, but she still won. I'm liking this game even more whenever I find more stuff you can do with Rina assist.

Double posting is fine.
FWIW, I think it was around this video where I had played maybe 6 consecutive hours of AP and was just being very sloppy, which may have made Tamaki/Rina look much better than it actually is.

The point of Tamaki/Rina isn't really for combos although there are some rather fancy combos that you can do. The main point is to immediately get Tamaki into high emotion while forcing the other side to be in low emotion since they have to play defensively in view of the Rina assist. Since the length of Tamaki's high emotion is quite a long time, you can use Rina to build up a life lead or possibly win after you obtain the high emotion and blitz the hell out of the opponent while ignoring your life bar.

I personally don't think it really works that well since most JP have very good defense and can defend against the blitz, which leaves you with a neutral Tamaki with no assist for 10-20 game seconds. However, I suppose you can get away with it even in JP simply because it's Tamaki.

4 hours ago, ehuangsan said:

However, I suppose you can get away with it even in JP simply because it's Tamaki.

This is what I was thinking. I had a feeling her top tier status will help make it seem ok to use Rina with her and it's the only assist I want to use Tamaki with. I was never interested in actually learning Tamaki until now. Is there a character in the game that can do well with any assist? I know Ma-ryan and Satsuki works with anybody since they are easy projectiles with fast recharge time.

Common assists for Tamaki are Ulthury, Yu, Serika, and less commonly Llyr.

On another note, I have mastered 5a abare into runpast with Chizuru. That shit is totally broken.

As with everything AP, my initial thoughts were that it would be difficult to do, and then I found that it was actually incredibly easy when I tried it.

AP is maybe the only game I have ever played where you can just copy what you see in match vids or combo videos on the first or second try.

4 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

It's not a move, abare just means that he's optimizing his damage off of a 5a

American players have believed this for a long time, but that's not actually what it means; it's just hitting your opponent out of an attack string.

So, in this case, the 5A itself is the abare, not whatever ehuangsan did after it.

27 minutes ago, redsilversnake said:

American players have believed this for a long time, but that's not actually what it means; it's just hitting your opponent out of an attack string.

So, in this case, the 5A itself is the abare, not whatever ehuangsan did after it.

That's correct, abare is pretty much mashing.

Yeah abare means mashing out or hitting an opponent out of attack string or neutral randomly.

So 5a abare into runpast is basically mashing out 5a at random times and then hitconfirming into runpast if the 5a hits.

Since her 5a is so good this is one of the big reasons why Chizuru is still in the top tier.

Anybody wants to play online sometime? I'm wired and only wants to play with another wired. I'm still enjoying exploring all the characters with Rina assist. I'm trying to learn every character that can use Rina at all. I know it's strange that I'm trying to learn stuff like Sasara/Rina but hey as long as I'm having fun. My goal is to learn Touka because she's really hard to use, which bothers me because she was designed to use with Rina. What annoys me about the assist though is that depending on where you are on the stage, the fireworks will not hit the opponent and ending your combo because of the gap it has between the fireworks. Another thing is that the fireworks sometimes doesn't send the opponent to your direction and instead puts them farther away from you. This happens with Tamaki and you will need to run to catch the opponent. Besides "The Queen of Heart 99" This is the only real fighting game I care about. I was gonna get Nitro Blasters but this whole Rina thing changed my mind. I'm usually playing mugen.