Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

They are, but Chizuru's splash art is terrible, and activating it is almost like surrendering.
There are very limited circumstances where you would want to even consider it.

question regarding manaka. in some match vids, it seems she can do short hops while doing ja. It seems like I can just do one jump level, and there's no short hop in her movelist, unless I"m missing something

Perform a double jump as soon as possible to get that effect.

Maybe I should hook my PS3 back up and try playing again. I seem to really miss Aquapazza. Game really needs a Steam release. <_<

see i disagree with eh_sama's statement that Chizuru's desperation as terrible. why is her desperation terrible but Ruili's in Nitro+ not? they're essentially the same mechanic. they both put them into a powered up mode. sure, if you don't know what your doing there's not point in using it, but i've won many matches, both against new players (this mostly happens just because i WANT to use it and i'm just fooling around) and experienced players with it. sure, you could argue that for 3 guages, she doesn't get a lot of time in her demon mode given the cost, but that's why you don't just use in a "Leroy Jenkins!" fashion. i would say the benefit of (provided you can avoid taking a hit) recovering at least 25% life, unlimited chain ability, combo extension, godly pressure for those who know how to utilize her well, super move power up and extensions, an added arial super, and an unavoidable (though blockable finisher) are worth it. what does Ruili get? combo extension (i believe), super move leniency, decreased recovery (i believe), and better chaining and thats about it. yet she's considered good but chizuru's is trash. the only thing i can possibly see her being considered better is because she can use partners where as Chizuru can't. also as a side note for lark, Manaka can perform her double jump whenever she wants to. it doesn't have to be immediately. however, i think if you do certain moves it does take this away.

I miss this game a lot too; stuck doing other things.

I'm not familiar with Nitro+ so I can't speak for that, but as for Chizuru's splash art, in order to safely get into it you have to sacrifice an oki situation somewhere and 3 gauges to get into it, whereas if you had that + <50% life + 3 gauges + mid to high emotion, you could set up a situation where you may deal 10-14k damage instead off of that same situation.

Plus you throw away a lot of options by going into her splash art:

- No Assists. Chizuru is only okay without an assist and falls out of the top-tier when she has no assist available. Against some characters, she will have quite a disadvantage in a no-assist situation even with the extra attack powers of the splash art as it becomes much harder to move forward or attack. This is death, especially against the top JP players who are all ridiculously good at defense and moving forward.

- No gauge gain. This kills your ability to do more than 5k damage on average, with a max potential of maybe 10kish if you get a lucky combo into the splash art. Whereas had you kept the gauges and the assist, you could set up 10k-14k+ situations.

- No emotion gain. You lose the potential 50% damage bonus from not having high emotion.

So in exchange for a better fireball/dp, an air super, jump cancels and a few special chains, and a rather situation specific splash art ender, you cut your damage potential in half or more, lose all your meter and assists, and can't get any meter back while it's in play. No thanks. You almost never see Chizuru enter it in top JP level play either outside of clearly won situations where Chizuru is just trolling, or very specific and desperate situations where Chizuru has zero choice in the matter.

thats not exactly true. while i most likely couldn't do it now given how damn rusty i am from not playing in over a year, i could easily (originally) get up into the 8000-10,000 range WITHOUT using her desperation ender. you don't need to use her oki to go into it you can go into it off of her strong since it knocks the opponent away far enough, you can go into it off of her over head since it's knockdown is long enough even if they quick recover, you CAN use a partner assist but i would only do that if i were desperate. i'm not saying that Chizuru's desperation is godly, but i disagree that it's trash. that spot is reserved for Rhiannon. it's merely a desperation that you HAVE to know what your doing or ya its going to be a waste of meter. when i can go into a basic string, then jump forward to keep it going into the corner, overhead them, hit them back into the corner, overhead them again, then slash and dash them 4 times and end with her desperation finisher from mid field i would think that would be worth 3 meter, and thats if i just want to go that route. again, though i realize it's not godly, but even my cousin who's very experienced with games such as BlazBlue, Arcana Hearts, Guilty Gear, UNIEL etc. thinks it's not a bad art in the very least.

Really wish this game had more love.. 

I really miss playing this a lot myself. Been wanting to get back into it but the game is so dead haha, especially since with college and work being in the way all the time. If anyone ever wants to get some games in (and God, hope my internet is friendly, aside from this game's shxt netcode) I'll try to get some online games with yall.

PSN: GGXRDPLAYER

6 hours ago, Grimsley-San said:

Really wish this game had more love.. 

I really miss playing this a lot myself. Been wanting to get back into it but the game is so dead haha, especially since with college and work being in the way all the time. If anyone ever wants to get some games in (and God, hope my internet is friendly, aside from this game's shxt netcode) I'll try to get some online games with yall.

PSN: GGXRDPLAYER

i mean you can go to the discord and set up game with hose folks

11 hours ago, Keo-bas said:

i mean you can go to the discord and set up game with hose folks

Mind sending me a link to it?

Haven't been on this site for like two years. Haha