Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

The main way I'd improve Aquapazza is to make a Nitroplus version of it, so I'm fine with that development :v:

The game is complete, and Examu has moved on to other projects (they're currently tied up with Nitroplus Blasterz). Barring a new standalone update like Love Max, it won't be getting another rebalance or patch.

It was only a what if question.

I never thought of Octavia as that bad the more I played, honestly. If only 5D wasn't techable...

I felt like the weakest assist was Rathty. Sometimes, the hammer spin can be strong, but otherwise it's just a simple damage assist where you probably have better options.

As far as the game, yeah...I think it's fine, too. A lot of the people that quit complained about the emotion system, guard breaks, Chizuru and all that...but really, none of it is that bad lol. Just the way of how things go in the anime community, go with the popular excuse to move on to the next thing.

Also, it's really hard to win with Manaka. The struggles are real.

Against someone who really knows what they're doing, you mean. I got plenty of hatemail and ragequits from spamming books online when the US release was new, and my friend even asked me to stop using her.

Rathy alpha counter is one of the strongest in the game, fwiw.

Also, it's really hard to win with Manaka. The struggles are real.

whas this rathy alpha counter? isn 't 5d have alot of start up? 6D?

Against someone who really knows what they're doing, you mean. I got plenty of hatemail and ragequits from spamming books online when the US release was new, and my friend even asked me to stop using her.

Yeah, spamming books does not work against anyone that knows what they are doing.

So then you are forced to attack, but approaching people is very hard because Manaka doesn't really threaten you outside of the corner.

Her double jump shenanigans are good though, and normal bookshelf is a surprisingly good anti-air.

whas this rathy alpha counter? isn 't 5d have alot of start up? 6D?

6D is really fast, you can surprise a lot of people with alpha counter 6D when you block a jumpin.

I just played like 30 matches today. Some were laggy, some were perfect. I'm angry about the laggy ones. There was an online tournament last night. I wasn't in it so I was only allowed to watch.

FYI, lark and I will be joining the Aquapazza team tourney at KVO, with Owen (Multi).

At this point my goal is to just get past the first round lol.

I dunno; I sure hope so.

I'm debating if I should just stay with the American flowchart Chizuru or if I should start practicing Japanese style Chizuru. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I did a cursory search and couldn't find it in the thread, but is there a Japanese wiki for Aquapazza that has frame data?  I know there's an English one but I don't know how up to date it is, since it's missing Chizuru, Sasara, and Oboro.

I don't think characters changed much between versions, so unless you need frame data for Chizuru, Sasara, or Oboro the old frames are probably still accurate.

ok people I need advice. I main hak but trying to find a sup. for some of his bad match ups. I'me messing with Sassara and touka but not sure which one I should commit too. both have stuff I liek but also stuff I struggle with. Touka seem execution heavy, and sassara seem you need good confirms which i don't.

Touka is higher tier than Sasara. Honestly her stuff isn't really that hard.

Havent been much succesful with her but then I am using Yu.

Aquapazza is being played online again?

Ah no the online is dead. He's probably playing offline with friends or Cagednightmare who is still playing the game. He wants to God rank Sasara and might stop playing the game when he's done with that.

I'm usually on during the evening and I rarely get anyone in my player rooms. Sometimes I'm in training mode for so long I forget that I even had a player match room up in the first place due to nobody joining. If only the netcode was better...