Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

I'm just gonna say you still have lots to learn, and kouyakane has some not so nice things to say about you lol.

The online tier list is very different from the offline tier list. Even with just the slightest introduction of lag, Sasara, Haku, and Manaka become much stronger, whereas Touka and Tamaki fall pretty hard, and to some extent, so does Chizuru.

Also Manaka is bottom tier. I could hang with uragami Manaka while I was in Japan, and he's the best Manaka in the world, which goes to show how hard it is to win with Manaka at higher levels. Spamming books and playing keep away only works online; you have to find ways to move forward offline even if you don't want to.

Lark and I will also be holding an Aquapazza review session to discuss how JP played and our impressions of JP level play from KSB, and sideblako will also be joining in. It will be dual language Japanese and English and will be on midnight PST 5/24 (3:00 AM 5/24 East Coast) - http://t.co/XPpDrfd0VF

We will probably play some AP online too, and I'm guessing some of the more famous JP players will show up to play, regardless of the horrid lag.

really? why would he have anything to say about me at all? i've only been able to play him like 3-4 times because i never see him. am i really that unlikable? i try and treat everyone with respect. in fact if i can't teach someone on a specific character such as Haku, since i can only use him to the most basic degree, i DO recommend Goroh16 to them to seek out or even yourself since your pretty much great with every character. what have i done to any of you guys that you guys hate me so much? i don't rage quit or anything i always see my matches to the end, unless my damn connections giving me problems which is rare. so, if i'm that unlikable might i ask what i can do to improve those relations cause i really don't like being on the bad side of people i like having friends not enemies.

It's not that. For whatever reason kouyakane cares A LOT about the online AP rankings, and if someone gets to SSS+ or GOD he wants to play them because he always likes to play strong people and he's hoping that it's someone new that he doesn't know about. His point is you don't have the skill to back up your online rating, and he considers that cheating like BlackNeppy, WhiteMove, etc.

Most of the rest of the GOD and SSS+ players are well known JP players. When you consider the highly skilled jp players dig and kentasky only have SS or S+ ratings, you kinda get the point.

Personally, I don't care about the online rankings, but it goes to show how much kouya cares about the game.

It's not that. For whatever reason kouyakane cares A LOT about the online AP rankings, and if someone gets to SSS+ or GOD he wants to play them because he always likes to play strong people and he's hoping that it's someone new that he doesn't know about. His point is you don't have the skill to back up your online rating, and he considers that cheating like BlackNeppy, WhiteMove, etc.

Most of the rest of the GOD and SSS+ players are well known JP players. When you consider the highly skilled jp players dig and kentasky only have SS or S+ ratings, you kinda get the point.

ok...well for the first time i'm actually a bit pissed off. if he thinks that you can tell him that he can bite me. i spent a full year playing almost every single day getting my GOD rank with Chizuru and i only managed to GOD my Sasara and Manaka this year which would be going on my third year playing. hell, i would think even you could back me up, you've seen how much i play. my Sasara, my Manaka, and my Chizuru i all got Legitly. i don't HAVE another system to just play against myself (unlike Neppy/WhiteMove) i would NEVER stoop that low i believe in having to earn your rewards. ALL of my friends can back me up. if i was such a scrub how the hell am i able to deal 12,000-15,000 like it's nothing with Chizuru (i uploaded my latest match proving that), or even get a 1 shot kill on a fall down combo with Mizuki's uppercut? or a 5 guage combo 5-6000 damage troll combo, just cause i can thats actually very complex to do with oboro. how can i deal a guaranteed hit fall down desperation about 13 different ways with Sasara? i can go on and on. i actually beat Kouyakane once. sure it was only once out of 10 matches but i still beat him. so if i was just a cheater how was i able to accomplish that? if i was a cheater i would never beat him. ever. i'd never beat any of you. ever. Kouyakane isn't #1 for no reason plus he's been playing a hell of a lot longer then i have so of course he's going to be a lot better. i'm not a tournament player, i don't have that oppertunity where i live. the best i have is a casual tournament me and some friends put on each month just for fun. i don't have the oppertunity to go to something like EVO or NorCal. which if i remember right you even said i could probably win NorCal or at least do very well in, i probabaly couldn't do EVO, but i could do NorCal. and yes i realize i still have much to learn. i never stated that i didn't your ALWAYS learning. you never stop learning. thats why i spend a lot of time in training experimenting on new combos and strategies.

Lol.  To be fair, you did make the ranking by actually playing people, but the level of players you are playing against are not very good, which I did explain to Kouya. And that's why he shouldn't take the online ranking so seriously especially when it comes to non JP players, but whatever.

To emphasize the point, before I started challenging JP players, I had a 90%age+ with Chizuru and S+ ranking in only 250 games. Now since I mostly only play against JP players in ranked it has fallen to 59% and I have stagnated in S+.

Also, combos aren't the only aspect of the game. I have a 15k combo with Chizuru/Llyr that I landed on Mabushin in casuals off of a setup that he had never seen before which actually made him go "oh wow" out loud. He's still the better Chizuru player (though maybe not anymore, we'll find out at Evo).  If you recall your matches with me, I hardly did anything exceeding 7k but I kept winning anyway.

That I said you could do well in NorCal or Evo but not win speaks more to how far behind the rest of the world is compared to Japan.

Anyways, come join our discussion on Sunday, and I'll discuss what I learned from JP play.

Lol.  To be fair, you did make the ranking by actually playing people, but the level of players you are playing against are not very good, which I did explain to Kouya. And that's why he shouldn't take the online ranking so seriously especially when it comes to non JP players, but whatever.

To emphasize the point, before I started challenging JP players, I had a 90%age+ with Chizuru and S+ ranking in only 250 games. Now since I mostly only play against JP players in ranked it has fallen to 59% and I have stagnated in S+.

Also, combos aren't the only aspect of the game. I have a 15k combo with Chizuru/Llyr that I landed on Mabushin in casuals off of a setup that he had never seen before which actually made him go "oh wow" out loud. He's still the better Chizuru player (though maybe not anymore, we'll find out at Evo).  If you recall your matches with me, I hardly did anything exceeding 7k but I kept winning anyway.

That I said you could do well in NorCal or Evo but not win speaks more to how far behind the rest of the world is compared to Japan.

Anyways, come join our discussion on Sunday, and I'll discuss what I learned from JP play.

i agree that i believe that japanese players are far superior to the western players. but i've come across some very good western players, namely yourself and goroh and ya that is true, like kouyakane you didn't rely on huge big damage combo's like i do, you rely on just basic mid-damage but still your styles very effective. i honestly do wish i could go to the big tournaments to truly test my skills, especially when i'm playing nooblets who quit mid match doing the "just kill me cause i can't beat you" crap like a player did yesterday. thats how your skills stagnate. but since i live in Canada and you live in the states where NorCal and Evo are available to you it's just out of the question. i also realize they aren't the only things of the game i'm just using them as an example to show that it does require skill to do the higher tier ones and a scrubby cheater would never bother learning them because they don't have to. also i dunno how you'd do that with Llyr so i'd like to see that xD. i honestly do try to watch my opponents play style and adapt to it by changing things up. but players like yourself and goroh are very good at remaining unpredictable, and unfortunately i'm not very good at dealing with that, for several reasons which i won't get into. but i'm still curios as to why you guys don't like me, though you don't seem to mind me as much as the others. and alright i'll try to do that if i remember. unfortunately i have very poor memory, and it's only made worse due to medication i take for siezures, but i'll try. i'm guessing it'll be in this forum?

In all honesty, I was highly pissed when I saw BlackNeppy & WhiteMove on the rankings for their skill levels is ass, in all respect.

I'll probably be at CEOtaku for Aqua if I can get some time off. I don't think I'll ever make it to EVO though.

In all honesty, I was highly pissed when I saw BlackNeppy & WhiteMove on the rankings for their skill levels is ass, in all respect.

I'll probably be at CEOtaku for Aqua if I can get some time off. I don't think I'll ever make it to EVO though.

i've never faught WhiteMove, but ya, i can beat Neppy no problem. even with characters i don't use very often.

There's no point in caring too much about leaderboards. There will always be boosters that will mess it up. Especially in a game that nobody plays. There was a reason why BlackNeppy boosted. He's data got corrupted and he startled boosting to get his rank back. But then he went beyond that and reached GOD rank.

There's no point in caring too much about leaderboards. There will always be boosters that will mess it up. Especially in a game that nobody plays. There was a reason why BlackNeppy boosted. He's data got corrupted and he startled boosting to get his rank back. But then he went beyond that and reached GOD rank.

i can sorta understand the boosting thing to a point to get your original rank back, but to then keep doing it to get to the highest rank possible is just BS. we've worked hard to get where we're at and legitimately got our ranks, where as he's just boosting and putting no effort in. i was on today and he got about 15,000 points in about 10 minutes. there was only 2 people i saw on in about 20 and they wouldn't fight me so i doubt they'd fight him either. i asked him how he was doing it and he used the excuse that his sister was helping him. which meant only 1 of 2 things A) she either REALLY sucked or B) she was just letting him win. i on the other hand have to sometimes wait hours just to get a single match. i don't care so much about the leader boards, but i do think you should legit earn your rewards and not just cheat your way to the top. also, i would like to point out that, like Neppy, i also lost my data after i reached AAA. my PS3 died and i lost all my data so i had to start from scratch. yet i still started back from the bottom and refused to do any boosting. the only thing that allowed me to progress a little quicker than normal was due to what i had learned during that time of getting to AAA. if your boosting it just means your lazy.

Did you even play a match? If you got a new PS3 and didn't carry over the data from your other PS3, your Oboro rank is going to reset to F if you play a match on that PSN account. The server will take some time to update it after that one match. I backed my data just incase I accidently delete my Aquapazza. I was an S+ and went back to AA+ I think.

Although I don't think it was necessary for me to make a section on my site for it, I did it anyway (site still under reconstruction):

http://www.animetoshokan.org/forums/index.php?/forum/15-aquapazza-~aquaplus-dream-match~/

I'm currently working on a section for Nitro+ Blasterz now. Yeah, I'm just bored at the moment and thought it might help (since the section at Homing Cancel is pretty dead and we don't have a dedicated section here).

Is someone planning to hold a side tourney for AP at CEOtaku?

Definitely thinking about going to CEOtaku as well. Not 100% confirmed yet but if there's a AP tourney I'd be excited to play.

how's it going guys. a little bit new around here so let me introduce myself a bit. I usually play MB, UNIEL and xrd when it comes to air dashers, but when i saw aquapazza coming back to the animevo lineup this year, it looked interesting so i decided to pick it up. It's different from what i usually play but im enjoying it so far. So just wondering if there any tips for starting out? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. 

Learn the mechanics, the matchups, how to instant block, and how to guard cancel properly. Those are key to being successful.

Learn the mechanics, the matchups, how to instant block, and how to guard cancel properly. Those are key to being successful.

cool cool! i'll keep these things in mind, thanks for the help!

also, is online usually dead? i tried to get in some today but its been a ghost town a couple hours ago orz

Yes the online is dead. Very niche game. I play mugen now and speaking of mugen, someone released a Tamaki beta in mugen. She does not play 100% the same way like the real one like many other mugen characters. Her throws doesn't deal near splash art damage and she was given a counter move, which the AI tends to use every time you use a normal. She's one of those cheap characters but I figured out how to beat her.

7ef295dd-e99e-4c4a-ac91-1cbbd2d19b66_zps

hmm i figured as much. Ill utilize the training room as much as possible and be on a lookout for local or upcoming events to try and level up then lol

cool cool! i'll keep these things in mind, thanks for the help!

also, is online usually dead? i tried to get in some today but its been a ghost town a couple hours ago orz

like Lark said, you certainly want to master your defensive work like instant blocking and guard canceling. you'll also want to experiment with partner setups since certain partners work better than others with certain characters. Rhiannon being one thats limited to only like 3 good partners so i hear or she gets wrecked more times then not(i don't play Rhiannon so i'm just going by what i've heard). spacing is crucial for certain characters, like Manaka or for Karulaus secondary super (since the opponent has to be in just the right spot to get the maximum damage otherwise it'll only top around 2000), so if you decide to play characters like that you'll want to practice that as much as possible. you'll find me on most of the time but sometimes i get on doing other things. unfortunately like goroh said, the online is pretty dead most days now. though yesterday was actually quite lively and i managed to claim my #3 spot finally. so it all depends on the day. but ya, really it seems to be more slow then busy most of the time. if your ever interested though, me and some friends hold a monthly tournament the first friday of every month, the next one being the 5th of June.

Yes the online is dead. Very niche game. I play mugen now and speaking of mugen, someone released a Tamaki beta in mugen. She does not play 100% the same way like the real one like many other mugen characters. Her throws doesn't deal near splash art damage and she was given a counter move, which the AI tends to use every time you use a normal. She's one of those cheap characters but I figured out how to beat her.

7ef295dd-e99e-4c4a-ac91-1cbbd2d19b66_zps

i've heard/seen Mugen but i've never ever had the chance to actually try it. how the heck do you even get it anyway and is there any particular engine you need to run it? 

You can get it in many sites in Google. Type mugen download. Mugen will only come with one character name Kung Fu Man. He's a weak character and to get other characters, you will have to download and add them to mugen. If you plan on actually playing mugen instead of just watching the AI fight each other like some people do, be careful on what characters you download. Some characters are really cheap and can kill you fast. The two characters I use in mugen is Yuki and Rina and I have beaten many cheap characters with them. You don't need a special engine to run it but there are some special moves that can lag the game, if you're using a slow computer like me. There are screenpacks that can increase the number of slots to add more characters. I don't recommend fighting characters like that Tamaki until you become good at beating brutal and cheap characters.

You can get it in many sites in Google. Type mugen download. Mugen will only come with one character name Kung Fu Man. He's a weak character and to get other characters, you will have to download and add them to mugen. If you plan on actually playing mugen instead of just watching the AI fight each other like some people do, be careful on what characters you download. Some characters are really cheap and can kill you fast. The two characters I use in mugen is Yuki and Rina and I have beaten many cheap characters with them. You don't need a special engine to run it but there are some special moves that can lag the game, if you're using a slow computer like me. There are screenpacks that can increase the number of slots to add more characters. I don't recommend fighting characters like that Tamaki until you become good at beating brutal and cheap characters.

coolios. thanks dude. are they free to download or do you have to pay? (i'm guessing free but i've seen some pretty dumb stuff before so thats why i'm asking). also, where do you download the characters from? do they have a specific place you go to or do they have a selection from the main site? sorry if i sound a bit out of the loop on this its just aside from seeing random stuff like Hatsune Miku vs. Goku in this i know virtually nothing about it.

Mugen is free. It's a really old engine created by Elecbyte that was released in 1999. I was surprised how old it is when I found out. I first startled playing mugen in 2008. In mugen you can make any character from any fighting game, cartoon or anime fight each other. There's no bigger crossover than this. You can make your own character by using Fighter Factory but that's hard to do if you don't know how to code. You can try finding characters you want here http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters or in Google type Mugen and the name of the character you want. To add a character first download and unzip the file. A folder with the character's name will come out. Copy and paste that folder into the "char" folder. Then go to the folder name "data" and open the "select" def file. It looks like a notepad. Scroll down until you see "Insert your character below". Hit enter to make an empty space like in the picture. That's where you put the name of the character's folder. Click on file then save. Open mugen and the character should be in the character select screen. You can also download and add stages. Download the stage and put it in the "stages" folder. Unzip it and the SFF and the DEF file will come out with the name of the stage. Open the same Notepad where you add the characters. Scroll down until you see [ExtraStages]. Hit enter to make a space and type "stages/name of the Def file.def. Example: stages/Concert Hall.def Then click on file and save. Unfortunately nobody as made the Aquapazza version of Chizuru in mugen yet for you and I doubt she would be exactly like the real one too. The only Chizuru there is is the Queen of Heart 99 one: http://network.mugenguild.com/guild/mugenwiki_qoh9899.html

ae76b231-3c62-41a1-bec2-4c516a4967a6_zps

like Lark said, you certainly want to master your defensive work like instant blocking and guard canceling. you'll also want to experiment with partner setups since certain partners work better than others with certain characters. Rhiannon being one thats limited to only like 3 good partners so i hear or she gets wrecked more times then not(i don't play Rhiannon so i'm just going by what i've heard). spacing is crucial for certain characters, like Manaka or for Karulaus secondary super (since the opponent has to be in just the right spot to get the maximum damage otherwise it'll only top around 2000), so if you decide to play characters like that you'll want to practice that as much as possible. you'll find me on most of the time but sometimes i get on doing other things. unfortunately like goroh said, the online is pretty dead most days now. though yesterday was actually quite lively and i managed to claim my #3 spot finally. so it all depends on the day. but ya, really it seems to be more slow then busy most of the time. if your ever interested though, me and some friends hold a monthly tournament the first friday of every month, the next one being the 5th of June.

sounds cool! is it a local meetup or online? also anyone here doing animevo this year or going to evo in general? if so what game