Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

Mugen is free. It's a really old engine created by Elecbyte that was released in 1999. I was surprised how old it is when I found out. I first startled playing mugen in 2008. In mugen you can make any character from any fighting game, cartoon or anime fight each other. There's no bigger crossover than this. You can make your own character by using Fighter Factory but that's hard to do if you don't know how to code. You can try finding characters you want here http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters or in Google type Mugen and the name of the character you want. To add a character first download and unzip the file. A folder with the character's name will come out. Copy and paste that folder into the "char" folder. Then go to the folder name "data" and open the "select" def file. It looks like a notepad. Scroll down until you see "Insert your character below". Hit enter to make an empty space like in the picture. That's where you put the name of the character's folder. Click on file then save. Open mugen and the character should be in the character select screen. You can also download and add stages. Download the stage and put it in the "stages" folder. Unzip it and the SFF and the DEF file will come out with the name of the stage. Open the same Notepad where you add the characters. Scroll down until you see [ExtraStages]. Hit enter to make a space and type "stages/name of the Def file.def. Example: stages/Concert Hall.def Then click on file and save. Unfortunately nobody as made the Aquapazza version of Chizuru in mugen yet for you and I doubt she would be exactly like the real one too. The only Chizuru there is is the Queen of Heart 99 one: http://network.mugenguild.com/guild/mugenwiki_qoh9899.html

ae76b231-3c62-41a1-bec2-4c516a4967a6_zps

thanks for all the help. it's really appreciated. as for "My" version of Chizuru, it wouldn't really bother me. it would be awesome if she was there, but i'd just be happy she was there at all. it does kinda suck that i wouldn't be able to add any characters of my own since, ya, i don't know how to code. but there are several other characters i've seen that would keep me entertained.

sounds cool! is it a local meetup or online? also anyone here doing animevo this year or going to evo in general? if so what game

its an online get together. people from all over the place, Canada, the States, England, etc. all show up. this one we're holding this month is possibly going to reach 16+ players if things go right for everyone since some friends of friends are importing it for the sake of wanting to participate in it. we upload the matches at the end of the tournament onto youtube. i currently hold a record of 2 wins 2 losses (though the one was intentional) and i wasn't there for the 5th. we hold regular "training" days for practice and to discuss tips to the newer players to help em out to play better. depending on you play you'll most likely find at least one person who can help you with your character. if not then, i certainly would recommend goroh16 or eh_sama since they are awesome players. eh_sama is awesome all across the board and i don't know a better haku player then goroh (then again i don't see many  haku's either). kouyakane is on a BS level of awesome when it comes to Chizuru but unless you speak japanese i dunno how much help you'd get from him, i don't get the chance to face him much.

its an online get together. people from all over the place, Canada, the States, England, etc. all show up. this one we're holding this month is possibly going to reach 16+ players if things go right for everyone since some friends of friends are importing it for the sake of wanting to participate in it. we upload the matches at the end of the tournament onto youtube. i currently hold a record of 2 wins 2 losses (though the one was intentional) and i wasn't there for the 5th. we hold regular "training" days for practice and to discuss tips to the newer players to help em out to play better. depending on you play you'll most likely find at least one person who can help you with your character. if not then, i certainly would recommend goroh16 or eh_sama since they are awesome players. eh_sama is awesome all across the board and i don't know a better haku player then goroh (then again i don't see many  haku's either). kouyakane is on a BS level of awesome when it comes to Chizuru but unless you speak japanese i dunno how much help you'd get from him, i don't get the chance to face him much.

Sounds interesting. I really want to do it but because of my work schedule, these next first fri of the month is hectic :/ if i get a chance otherwise i'll definitely PM for more details. Do ya'll have a twitter to follow for updates as well? 

Sounds interesting. I really want to do it but because of my work schedule, these next first fri of the month is hectic :/ if i get a chance otherwise i'll definitely PM for more details. Do ya'll have a twitter to follow for updates as well? 

i have a twitter though i virtually never use it. we mostly keep in contact via messeging on PSN. we hold regular chat rooms to discuss updates and changes throughout the month and even more so as tournament time draws near. you don't have to worry about missing a tournament or two since its just a casual fun thing there's no mandatory participation. things come up for all of us after all. but its a great way to learn since there's a variety of players of all different characters and skill levels. we hold one every month on the first friday so its no big deal if the next few months don't work for ya.

i have a twitter though i virtually never use it. we mostly keep in contact via messeging on PSN. we hold regular chat rooms to discuss updates and changes throughout the month and even more so as tournament time draws near. you don't have to worry about missing a tournament or two since its just a casual fun thing there's no mandatory participation. things come up for all of us after all. but its a great way to learn since there's a variety of players of all different characters and skill levels. we hold one every month on the first friday so its no big deal if the next few months don't work for ya.

all good and, alright i'll follow up with you guys when i get the chance!

So who won that tournament from June 5?

it came down to me and sogo_okita (not surprisingly) and he took it....though with that one i purposely threw it. talking to him before the match in our tournament chatroom he REALLY needed a pick me up. shits been hitting the fan lately for him really bad and the fact that its been going on a year for the tournament and he hasn't won one yet that was hitting him hard to since he's the one that hosts it too. so i figured why not be a nice guy, give him a legit looking fight but purposely let the odd crucial attack get through. even with me throwing the fight it came down to sudden death between us (the prelims are 3 rounds best of 3 matches, semis are 5 rounds best of 3 matches, and the finals are 5 rounds, best out out of 5 matches; we both had 2 wins under our belt). it really did seem to bring up his mood in the end. some people might not agree with me doing that with the "fight with all you have or don't fight at all" mentality but i personally look out for my friends well being more then a win in a tournament we have every month. i could have easily have taken the win but i figured i've already got 2 tournament wins under my belt why not give sogo one. i've always made it to the semi-finals in the very least.

Every time this topic gets bumped back up, I'm amazed to see that some of you guys are still hanging onto AP. Keep fighting the good fight.

I don't think Blasterz is going to have nearly the same shelf life even if it gets localized; the ridiculous assists are just too much. I remember AP being more flawed in its earlier versions though, like when ~90% of Japanese tournament players were using Touka.

Every time this topic gets bumped back up, I'm amazed to see that some of you guys are still hanging onto AP. Keep fighting the good fight.

I don't think Blasterz is going to have nearly the same shelf life even if it gets localized; the ridiculous assists are just too much. I remember AP being more flawed in its earlier versions though, like when ~90% of Japanese tournament players were using Touka.

i think i'm probably the only REAL loyal player left on aqua. you'll find me on almost every day. i don't really know much about it's earlier days and people always using touka, i always heard people bitching about how people were always using Chizuru cause she was busted.

Chizuru was added late in the game's arcade lifespan, after being chosen by a fan poll. Touka was the go-to "broken" character before then, and she was considerably stronger in one of the earlier balancings.

i saw early vids of rhiannon play, and ya she was pretty busted. her chip damage was insane which, in all all honesty given how badly they disabled her, they should have at least allowed her to keep that. i stick to my story when i say that Manaka should be placed above Rhiannon cause it doesn't matter whether it's online or offline, i can keep opponents off me with Manaka, i can't with Rhiannon. i never really saw any vids on early touka so i'd just have to take peoples word on that one, though i've seen vids that if your good she can still kick the crap out of score attack Chizuru, something even i can't do. i've only managed to beat her once. a lot of people bitch to me about how cheap Chizuru is saying all her moves are safe and she has a counter for everything. i completely disagree as pretty much all her specials, save her blood wave are highly unsafe on block. sure, she's certainly not the easiest character to deal with, but i wouldn't say she's broken either.

People complained about Chizuru in the early days because she looks like a Melty Blood character in a Street Fighter game. I'm pretty sure anyone new to the game have the right to complain about that because that IS weird. How would someone know how to beat a Melty Blood character with a slow Street Fighter on their first day of the game? But what they do need to know is the matchup can be learned. Despite her playstyle being like that, Japan has figured her out and she has fallen in the tier list.

People complained about Chizuru in the early days because she looks like a Melty Blood character in a Street Fighter game. I'm pretty sure anyone new to the game have the right to complain about that because that IS weird. How would someone know how to beat a Melty Blood character with a slow Street Fighter on their first day of the game? But what they do need to know is the matchup can be learned. Despite her playstyle being like that, Japan has figured her out and she has fallen in the tier list.

well when i first started, i found her just as easy and just as difficult as anyone else. of course, i've never played Melty Blood and i generally don't play many fighters so i guess to me it as just the norm. i suppose if you play a variety of games you learn the differences but Aqua is the first fighter i've actually legitimately gotten good at so to me there was no difference in style of play, just differences in technique.

I was on par with her too when I startled playing online more. I think it was because I played a lot of the story mode with Hakuoro over and over before going online. I was killing a lot of Chizurus.

I was on par with her too when I startled playing online more. I think it was because I played a lot of the story mode with Hakuoro over and over before going online. I was killing a lot of Chizurus.

lol ya Chizurus like me. btw i now, or at least to a degree, know why you like haku. i've been experimenting with him now that i FINALLY, with some help from my cousin who's a fighter game veteran, learned how to reliably do his true desperation. after meddling with him to master it he's actually quite fun to play, though i'm still nowhere near your level. i managed to get almost 15,000 out of him with a combo thats actually not all that hard to do. it's really expensive though, so really, it's one you might not even bother with in the first place.  it takes 5 guages to do. starting off with a stage 1 super, comboing into Camyu's fireball halfway through, then you nail them with his strong tiger, into his true desperation and you get between  13,700-14,800. if your in the corner you can leave out the tiger but you have to know the timing or it won't come out due to recovery. what i do is watch his fan since it actually glows a reddish yellow color. after he lands the last hit watch his fan. just as the glow begins to fade do the input and you should be able to pull of his desperation just as camyu's fire ball connects. if he's launched shortly before it comes out don't worry about it since he'll just fall back into it. you'll just lose a bit of damage. that one nails between 11,000-13,000 i unfortunately never learned that fighter game talk so i have to type it out the long way.

He can do 11128 with just two meter but he has to be in the corner and land a counter. It's really situational. Go to 4:44 in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMl1bM4NMek&index=7&list=PLnxrZESWUvGmvjvWyTMgAleNdR-J1QCT-The video doesn't show that you can combo the counter into Camyu's fireball. I discovered that after the video was uploaded.

nice. not to hard to do. you just have to be good with predicting your opponents attacks. problem is i'm not good with that lol. i'm good at predicting aggression levels, which is why i'm very good with the use of Manakas desperation but when it comes to the judgement of what attack is going to be used i have a hard time with that so when i use hakus counter its often i get hit more often than i get the counter. still, it's something thats good to practice in case the situation ever arises. i used to use Yuma since she was good at getting people off me and because i never really knew how to use haku, but now that i'm learning how to combo with him properly i've started using Camyu. Camyu is also great with Oboro, i can get an easy 8-9000 for 3 guage. you use his primary super, into camyu halfway, this lets you touch down in time for when the fire ball connects and you can do 2 things. you can jump in the air and finish with his ariel super which is my preferred method or you can nail them again with his primary super. if i want to be a troll i can do a a pathetic 5-6000 for 5 guages for a "just because i can" . this methods just an modification of the first. you start by hitting them with his secondary super, combo into his primary, hit them with camyu, hit them again with his secondary, then finally finish off with his ariel super. one to only use just if you want to piss someone off. otherwise absolutely useless.

No sound? Why? Who turned the volume down?

What are Chizuru's bad/disadvantaged matchups?

Tamaki

Chizuru been overhyped. She is brain dead and strong but not unbeatable. Just have to respect her gameplay like any other strong character. 

They just didn't connect any speakers to that setup for some reason.

Yeah, Chizuru is now 4th or 5th best in the game, depending on who you ask. If I had to do a match up diagram for Chizuru, I think it's something like:

4-6 Karulau

4.5-5.5 Tamaki, Konomi

5-5 or maybe 5.5-4.5 Touka, Arawn, Haku, Sasara

6-4 Morgan, Oboro

7-3 Multi, Riannon

7.5-2.5 Manaka