Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

Hehe sorry, I've just been in a crappy mood lately, don't mind me ^^ But I appreciate the support! = w=b

Two more for ya!

It would be cool to have this game come out in America. The problem even if it has the best game play in the world of fighting games if it is not from capcom then most players here will ignore it as an "anime" game. It funny when they say that because street fighter has an anime.

Sorry for the venting but if Blazblue is the 2nd or third highest arcade game in japan above SSF4AE why can't BB and games like this be that popular here?

Does anyone know if this game is in the top 10 Arcadia ratings in Japan?

BB is popular here in the US. The issue is that a lot of games we want from Japan are being released with no intention of being marketed for a Global audience. Also with everything being on Arcade cabs and boards that means they are expensive as well as unknown. Aquapazza is a great game, but few of us know the source materials that went into the game and few could afford to import the boards. The best you can hope for is a console release, but even then if they release on both major fighting game consoles and port to the US we may have another Arcana Heart 3 situation where only one system gets the game while the other doesn't which hurts the overall viability of the game.

978-4047274914.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

A mook/guide is coming on the 17th of this month, I can finally make proper frame data :kitty:

I know I'm really the only one hyped for this (well hell this game period D: ) but I'll most likely buy 2 copies, 1 to unbind and scan (just the important parts) and another for my personal collection :3c

Also on the whole matter of "anime" fighters (god I hate that term) and their inability to be held in high praise is mostly due to general ignorance and a willingness to avoid even bothering. Most people don't know the source material for AP and so they automatically disregard it (hell most people thought it was an "air dasher"). Others saw that there were alot of school girls and thought it to be total "weeabo" (another term I don't like) trash and thus has no depth. Truthfully AP is alot closer to SF in general design than say BB or GG, and people who don't understand the Active Emotion System get a bit of the wrong idea as well...

Americans, which let's face it are the ones most bothered by this, want to play games they feel won't embarrass them should someone see them playing it. For this I do have to put some blame on modern Japan thanks to the over saturation of "moe" since the turn of the century it has created a certain appeal and look that is heavily rooted in a cultural barrier. Even worst, it's further rooted in a sub-cultural barrier and the majority of the nation that falls outside of this second barrier also judge and criticize their own people and nation for allowing it to run so wildly.

The final point preventing these types of games from getting far in the community is a very degree of what denounces as "fun". To most people they can find the charm and appeal in most of these games and can have a general good time without needing to dig too deep into any one aspect of the game, this group of people shall always be referred to as "casual". Then you've got what most of the community aims to be, people who find most enjoyment out of titles with multiple layers of depth and relatively high barriers of play (such as execution), this group in known as the "hardcore". The most shining example I can give of these two groups comes in the for of Ougon, the Umineko fighter. The game gained most of it's "hype" because it was a fighter featuring characters from a popular and established franchise, however once the title released it quickly died in the eyes of "hardcore" players because it lacked depth. I myself have played and still play the game because I find it alot of fun, and unlike most I have very little knowledge and exposure to the series it's based on, I just found the tag system, meter gain and management, and character abilities to be interesting and fresh. Am I saying it was the perfect fighter? Certainly not, but there were ideas present in it that I would love to see return in another title, Ougon related or not.

So long as these three major points stand there will always be a rift in the community, and so long as opinions exist it will be hard to get rid of two of them. My only advice I can offer to people who enjoy a "niche" game and have to endure the scorn of the "hardcore" is to continue loving your game, if you really want it to get further do what you can to promote it, even if you get flak for it. You aren't alone, someone out their is bound to already like or have interest in your game you just have to reach out, and if you can show the finer points of your game to the overall community it can at least have presence and who knows, maybe even join the heavy hitters in a sub-category. I mean lots of big tournaments have side tournaments for all manner of games, and some titles have evolved from mere fanfare into sizable communities all their own (Melty Blood).

A game only truly dies when EVERYONE gives up on it.

*Still hype for this*

If it's not in my sig it's not hype lol (with the exception of Chaos Code :3)

Also just two today it seems~

lots of good footage. hope this game does not take 50 years to come on console.

It won't since Aquaplus is involved the console release is inevitable within a timely manner. And here's today's footage;

[Chariot 1] [Chariot 2] [Game 41]